1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio sync problem using nero vision express 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Vectra, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Vectra

Vectra Guest

when i burn dvd using nero vision express 2 the audio lags by about 2 sec although if you watch the original file on the pc it's perfect is this possible to correct.

2. crampy

crampy Member

Hello vectra. you got it sorted yet? Iam havin the same problem tryin to burn a tv show to dvd. sometimes it works fine other times i get the lag! Sometimes even starts fine then goes out of sync as the show goes on.

3. Vectra

Vectra Guest

still not sorted re-downloaded the same program from different source copied it again did the same thing from the same point.

4. Dekz

Dekz Member

I'm having the exact same problem except I'm using NeroVision 4. Lots of the stuff I burn turns out great. But some of them have audio sync problems. Mostly they start out fine, but it slowly gets more out of sync as it goes on.

They all play with no problems on the computer.

If anybody has any suggestions PLEASE reply.

5. drnknja

drnknja Regular member

i dont have any answers for the problem i just wanted you to know i am having the same problem withe nero vision 3 so it seems that what ever the bug is they haven't found it yet either. what i was wondering is what kinda file is it that your burning maybe we can narrow this problem down. maybe it is certain type of file that is having the problem. for me it is transporter 2 that is out of sync the movie is a dvdrip xvid i have never had this problem until now so maybe we can all work together to figure this out....i am gonna try another burning program to see if the same problem exists.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  6. crampy

crampy Member

Same format i struggle with drnknja. using vso divx to dvd now but only puts a crap menu on. try it tho. quality is good. If you find out how to put a menu with picture etc on it post back. I have decided nero rocks for burning but needs to be left alone for converting......

7. MrBean123

MrBean123 Member

HI have had the same problem with out of Sync audio.. i have downloaded the first 11 episodes of the season 2 Lost and the first 5 shows burnt fine using Nero 4 however episode 6,7,8, and 9 have all been out of Sync.. I have downloaded the shows from different sites and not all are from the same uploader. I dont know what causes this problem but i think its to do with the PAL/NTSC format and Nero.. I have overcome this problem by downloading DVDsanta and using this to encode the AVI to video and then burn to disc...
    DVD santa is not as flash as NERO and it does not have the fancy backgrounds and stuff and the converting process takes 5-6 hours but the finished DVD plays 100%... also DVD santa puts the video TS files in a folder on your C: drive so you can use them and nero to make new versions which are in sync.... hope this helps....

8. crampy

crampy Member

use vso divx to dvd mrbean123. it does the same as dvdsanta but in about 2hrs for 4 episodes of lost season 2.

9. drnknja

drnknja Regular member

hey guys i figured out how to fix my adio sync problem with nero...what i did was ran the movie through virtualdub full processing mode on the audio and the video and then set the compresion for xvid and let run takes like an hour or so...but after it is finished you can take the new compressed file and burn with nero vision as normal with no audio sync problems hope this helps you guys it did me

10. grant1982

grant1982 Member

Hey Drnknja

I downloaded the appropriate programs and codecs, I am in the menu to select video compression. Which do I select before I run my movie through?

Thanks
    Grant

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  11. Dekz

Dekz Member

^^^ It says right there in his post that he selected Xvid for the compression.

12. grant1982

grant1982 Member

First time I installed the Xvid codec it didnt appear in the Compression menu. Tried it again and now it works.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  13. grant1982

grant1982 Member

Well this is just beautiful. I followed these steps exactly and when I burn the new movie to dvd it cuts off 15% through, with a "medium error" I am assuming the size is now too large to fit on the dvd. Any suggestions on what to do now, I am really getting fed up with the whole dvd thing, first I bought dvd-R's when in fact my burner was a DVD+R, I went back to the store and bough the +R's. I then managed to burn the dvd and it wont play in my machine, so I go to best buy and buy a new DVD player. I manage to get the dvd's to play and the audio is out of sink. I just want to burn the dvd and play it normally on the machine, tired of wasting time and money. Maybe I should not have jacked the quality setting to max in the compression options, but then again, if the quality sucks, why even bother.

14. drnknja

drnknja Regular member

what version of nero are you using cause i have yet to experince this you might need to update you direct x drivers or your firmware(i would be careful if you dont know what your doing though) also what format was the movie in origanally cause if it was in divx you you can convert right back to divx as well as the quality i dont mess with even though the bar moves around i have yet to notice a quality difference...also what type_name) of medium(dvd) cause that could be it to and by the way if your using vision it auto reduces to fit the dvd and wont burn if the file is to large

15. grant1982

grant1982 Member

Maybe my problem is that I am using easy media creator 8 (divx option). It doesnt seem to check ahead of time for size problems, you thing they would have figured this out by now. My firmware and direct x are the latest versions. The movie that I am playing with now is: The Island (2005) [XviD MP3 DVDRip][MercifulRelease]. The media I am using is maxell dvd+r 8x, 4.7 GB, 2 hrs sp mode. I was hesitant to use nero because I have always used roxio but I think its time for a switch. Could you give me a quick guide as to what to select if I get a recent version of nero. (will it automatically tell me if the file is too large for the disk? and if so, do I then use this vision part of nero to make it fit or is it part of the burning window?) Thanks

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  16. drnknja

drnknja Regular member

now they have nero ultra 7 and nero vision 4 out but i dont like them they are to how should i say picky they dont like certain files and some things are different but they are the most up to date if ur that type of person....personlly i use nero 6.6.0.18 and am using nero vision 3.1.0.21...and they work great for me...and with the avi file you will have to use nero vision cause nero burning requires the video_ts and audio_ts files....but yes vision will auto fix the play length problem it will inform you that it is doing it just click yes...as well as at the end of the project sometimes depending on the .avi it might ask you if you wanna change from ntsc(usa) to pal(foreign) tell it no cause some dvd players wont be able to read it as well as some tv/dvd will read but messed up like th audio will be wierd or most often it plays in only black and white

17. crampy

crampy Member

Ok everyone. the best way i have found is to covert using vso divx to dvd but dont burn. this leaves a pile of vob bup and ifo files on your hard drive. then you import assets into dvd lab pro. (asset being your vob files) make sure you join and demultiplex to elementry streams. then you can create a menu and everything using dvd lab and burn your project. 4 episodes of lost on one dvd with menu and great quality. everything in sync. good luck.

18. grant1982

grant1982 Member

I got Nero 7 (before I read your advice). I took the file I had processed in VirtualDub and sent it to burn to see what happens, it told me the file was too large to fit on the dvd then asked if I wanted it to auto shrink for me, I said yes and now it fits. In interested to see how it turns out.

I am in the process of trying to burn this disc.. I dont know what the hell is going on but for some reason it is "transcoding" before burning which will take 2.5 hours, what a waste of time. a couple hours to run it through VirtualDub, a couple hours to transcode and a couple to burn.. getting really close to just not bothering.

19. Dekz

Dekz Member

Couple hours to burn!? Maybe it's time for a new burner, mine spits them out in under 8 minutes.

20. grant1982

grant1982 Member

I am using a year old laptop. Its not just the burning, its the fact that I have to use a program to fix audio sync, then stupid nero does some long ass process before actually burning the disk. If anyone has a surefire answer on how to burn a proper DVD please give me a shout, until then im just gonna toss my shit in the closet to gather dust.