1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should I use to edit a m1v file to multiplex?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by revilgeek, Mar 27, 2003.

1. revilgeek

revilgeek Guest

I have an mpg file that I de-multiplex. I have bad frames in the video that I want to cut out, what would be the best software to do simple editing that can save the fixed m1v file the fastest? this is a big file and I might need to edit it several time and I don't want to wait an hour every time I cut out 8 frames.

2. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

I have feature films in mpg format and I like to cut out the credits at the end. I use Quicktime Pro (the version you need to buy) which allows you to place markers on where you want to start and end the movie. When you save it, it deletes those frames without having to re-render the entire movie. This process is instantaneous on my 2.3Ghz PC.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

By far the best tool to remove parts (or join) of MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 files (.mpg, .m1v, .m2v) is TMPGEnc. By using it for cutting the videos, the videos wont get re-encoded and therefor the quality remains the same as in the original video.

TMPGEnc is available at our software section.