1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NO MORE "Help me bridge" ADVERTISEMENT TYPE POSTS

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Oner, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Alright that is it, if I see anymore of this Bridging/Modder BS I am going to start banning people. THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL MESSAGE SITE FOR CHEATERS! Example :

If you have a question on how to get your Xbox to WORK with bridging that is acceptable but if I see anyone/anymore people using aD as a way to "up" their stats they will be banned.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  2. byron02

byron02 Regular member

@Oner

I guess it's been going on for a while huh? I just started asking questions yesterday, and now it's a bad topic? I've been trying to get into bridging to stop modders and standbyers... I understand how double bridging can be considered cheating, but a single bridge party does nothing but stop modders/standbyers. I guess it's just a sensitive subject.

3. Oner

It's not a bad topic if you are asking the right question. See the best way to explain it is like this. The cheating aspect is wrong but that doesn't really bug me as people want to cheat and that is going to happen no matter what. BUT to use Afterdawn as a way to connect to people via a [bold]THREAD[/bold] is abusing aD's forums and is NOT what we are here for. If you have a question on how to get bridging to work that is okay but don't use aD as a way to further your cheating/leveling up via advertising and posting your AIM name, Xbox live name/Gamer Tag etc.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  4. EvilOreo3

EvilOreo3 Guest

I want to personally thank you for finaly taking some force with this board. It was getting way out of control, and so did I. I want to appologize for the things I said earlier in all of my posts. I was trying to make the same point you made, but I have no moderator powers, so all I could do was tell them to stop, and the only way they would listen to words, was to get a little mean. So again, i'm sorry, and thank you for setting things right! :)

5. byron02

byron02 Regular member

@Oner

So am I wrong to ask for help on forcing host on halo 2? I have everything set up right, (or so I thought), but can get it to work right, and I am looking for some expert advice.

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

@oner i'd already PM'd creaky about the problem and im glad to see something was done about it.good work.

7. Oner

@byron02

Asking how to get something working is okay but don't start pasting your email address and GT all over the forums like an advertisement as everyone has been doing. That is misuse of the forums and not what aD is here for.

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Creaky's here :)

9. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

yeah creaky and Oner are here maybe they can sort of the mess that the xbox section is turning into.goodluck

p.s. in the last 2 hours ive noticed a few posts about bridging LOL

10. creaky

i'm on it...

11. Oner

^bump^

12. help12345

help12345 Guest

ok i have a question. i think i also have everything set up right. but whenever i try TO FORCE HOST IT DOENT WORK.

13. spartan87

spartan87 Guest

Well if you ask me I think is not a good idea to become a bridger now because is almost imposible to get a game all I do most of the time is play costume games. I think you would have a better change if you just find one on XBL or maybe ask your friends but I would really not tell you to start bridging because is almost imposible to get a game when you are like a 37 n up maybe lower.

14. dekine

dekine Member

I force host in team slayer just so my party doesn't get cheated. I'm a 33 and it takes a good 5-7 minutes to get matched up.

15. viper1986

viper1986 Member

wait until you get to 37+ it will take 1hour on a friday night...

16. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

Finally an end to the cheating **** here.
    Creaky, Oner, i LOVE you guys :)

17. creaky

a pleasure, i'm mesmerised into helping Oner by the piccy in his sig :O

18. soberdee

soberdee Member

do n e one of you know how and what i would need to hook me xbox to my computer so i can catch videoplay and make a montague of my game play cuz i think im really good so if you could please help me that would really help me thx

19. dekine

dekine Member

20. soberdee

soberdee Member

but after i get one how do i connect it to my laptop, with an ethernet cable??? and if so how do i catch the video, or does the video card insert into the box???