1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero vision express won't recognize DVD +R booktype

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by gpeterson, Jan 13, 2006.

1. gpeterson

gpeterson Member

I am going a bit crazy here...I burn DVD +R media using nero vision express 3.1.0.21 and I can't play them in a few of my DVD players. Now I know that the booktype needs to be DVD-ROM, but the funny thing is if I use nero recode 2.2.6.17 and copy the dvd that was just burned with nero vision express on the same sony dvd burner -- it plays fine on all of my dvd players. So, I'd like to know if I am missing some setting or patch on nero vision express or if i'll have to keep burning two dvds to get a fully compatible one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. FiremanDB

FiremanDB Regular member

Instead of Burning the project with NeroVision, write it to your harddrive. Then open the project with Nero burning rom and set it to booktype to DVD-ROM and burn the project.

Alkohol has written an exellent guide on how to do this:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272946

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  3. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Here is the booktype setting in Decrypter. If you go in Mode ISO Write, it pulls up that screen, and the other screen comes up when you click on the book symbol next to the burn speed.
    [​IMG]
    Here is where you can change booktype in Nero Express
    [​IMG]
    and in Nero Burning Rom:
    [​IMG]
    in shrink
    [​IMG]
    in Recode 2
    [​IMG]

And if you click on my name, on my homepage Blog section i show how to booktype with all the programs i have that can change booktype.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  4. gpeterson

gpeterson Member

I got it to work - without buring to hard disk first. It must have been the Nero burning ROM setting, I had the others checked, and I expect they use the same engine for Nero Vision Express. The one part of the response from MaxBurn suggests I change the setting in Nero Express, not Nero Vision Express, and I couldn't do it because Nero express only thinks the sony dvd drive is for cds...oh well. it works now and thanks for the amazingly prompt response.