AfterDawn Forums

'This video cannot be played'

This discussion thread has 12 messages.

After copying an MP4 video file to the appropriate folder on my PSP, and renaming M4Vxxxxx (where x = 0-9), it still fails to play, as the PSP gives the error message 'this video cannot be played'. I have seen that this is a quite common problem, but as yet have found no solution. Has anyone got any ideas?
▼▼ This topic has 11 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
have u tried using psp video express
s3a Suspended account
I got the same problem and plus I did not do it all manually, I used a program called PSP video converter and yet still it gives that message...

My files are on mp4, I put it on the right folder as matty1009 said, and in other words have the same problem as him...

Someone else told me that no hack is needed for it to play on firmware version 2.50 (or any other firmware for that matter) so what seems to be the problem? I mean, the psp does see it but cannot play it!..

If I insult you...don't get offended...my insults are "friendly insults"...I know this sounds stupid (ridiculous) but I am fet up of writing, "no offense" in my posts...

My Comp: (will add specs later)
I also have a this problem.

s3a Suspended account
So, from what I see it is a common problem...I myself will try all methods I know of and if I get it right then I will post to you guys how I fixed my problem...

P.S.
Can you guys do the same?

If I insult you...don't get offended...my insults are "friendly insults"...I know this sounds stupid (ridiculous) but I am fet up of writing, "no offense" in my posts...

Have you tried using the official sony converter? Maybe it's a 2.5 thing. I was using

http://cs.ulm.edu/~jself/jmenc/

freeware to make mine and they work fine, but I have 1.50
Where did you get this MP4 file? it might be too big for the PSPscreen size, if it is youll need to encode it again using an encoder made for psp (it will encode in 320X240 or 368X208)

If it has already been encoded make sure your not encoding higher then 768kbps
http://www.pspvideo9.com <---- that should help

s3a Suspended account
buy winavi mp4 converter.....it works on my 2.5 psp...I tested it so it is approved by me....note before you buy that try pspvideo 9 if you like but note as well that u need DVD Decrypter to decrypt in a special way for more information pm me...

Downloading any MP4 file from the net and thinking it will work on the PSP is wrong. PSP movies have special headers and need to be encoded with these in order to work. Any AVC file (that is encoded with a resolution and bitrate that a PSP can play) can be changed to suit the PSP by using ATOMCHANGER.

valeron19 Suspended due non-functional email address
im having the same problem here.well, the movie played ok at first, but, at a random time, it shows something like purple/etc color on the screen and then shows "video cannot be played"....i try fast forward everytime it occurs and it works....but it still annoyed me when i have to skipped all the best part of the movie....anyone know the solution?....help me please....psp running on v1.5, using pspvideo9....
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 28 May 2006 @ 10:16
If your running v1.50 u shouldnt be using PSPvideo9, u should be using this http://ravenlifepsp.co.uk/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=68
And heres the guide for it http://ravenlifepsp.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=52

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.