1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quicktime problem

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Jalover, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Jalover

Jalover Member

Recently I download a new version of Quicktime Player and now my browser wont play any quicktime movies. When i go to sites to watch clips it just has a huge Q with a question mark on it. It used to play before i installed quicktime pro. I've already tried unchecking Misc settings and it didnt work. Can anyone help?

2. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

First, which browser are you using?

If you still have Quicktime installed, go ahead and uninstall it. Download and install CrapCleaner http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ , run the registry cleaner by clicking [bold]Issues[/bold][​IMG]Then click, [bold]Scan for issues[/bold]. It will scan your registry for invalid entries/obsolete paths. Click [bold]Fix Issues[/bold]. The it will ask you if you want to back-up. Click yes and select an area to save it to in case something goes wrong in the future. After that, go to this link and download Quicktime Alternative: http://filehippo.com/download_quicktime_alternative/

This will allow you to watch quicktime clips on your desktop and in your browsers. After installation, go ahead and fiddle with some settings to your liking.

Last thing, depending on your internet connection, if you're on dial-up and you choose the highest resolution, your browser may have a hard time downloading, thus the "question mark."

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  3. Jalover

Jalover Member

oh nevermind. I already fixed the problem. Thanks anyways.