1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No V3C CDMA???

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by jhoeye, Jan 21, 2006.

1. jhoeye

jhoeye Guest

Hey, I just bought Mobile PhoneTools Version 3 off Ebay (because I'm a chump...) and it installed just fine, however, when I try and locate my phone it does not find it. Then, I go to menu, setup, general setup, change modem, select other device, and then if you next through a few screens you can select the type of service you have, and select your phone. Only, the CDMA Motorola V3C is not an option to select, which is the phone I have. Can you tell me how I can get my CDMA V3C to work on the mobile phone tools, or do I need to download a different version? If so, can you tell me where, and how, because I am not the best computer "wiz"... Thank you.

2. DrObnxs

DrObnxs Member

You have to upgrade to a later version (at least that's what it sounds like). Same thing happened to me when I used v3.11h. It doesn't support Live Update, but when I found 3.25, installed it over 3.11, ran LiveUpdate a LOT, and got it to v4.04.... V3c there. BUT verison sucks, and they won't let you move photos etc to and from the phone with the SW. But at least you can sync all the contacts etc.

Matt

also, I just Googled until I found a copy, I don't remember where.... But it's out there. Also, if you find the FTP sites that list files from tons of FTP sites, it should be pretty easy to find.....

EDIT: There's a different modems.pac file that if you install, and then create a new profile, enables the MMS function of MPT...

There's a thread here that covers it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006