1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

port forwarding / mapping

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by batal21, Jan 22, 2006.

1. batal21

batal21 Member

helo,

i need a name of a program that makes port forwarding to forward some ports to my client pc.

my os is windows xp pro service pack2, i dont wana use the ICS port forwarding.

i dont use any hub or routers just a cross cable that links my two pcs via network cards.

tx for helping me :)

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You don't need a program for that:

Assuming that you have atleast 2 LAN connections on your PC (1 for internet and the other free). You are going to need to create a static IP address for that free LAN connection as well as the other PC you're trying to share with.

Once that is completed, enable internet connection sharing on the LAN connection that accesses the internet on your main PC.

To enable ICS
    1. Open Network Connections.

2. Under Dial-up or LAN or High-Speed Internet, right-click the connection on which you want to enable (ICS), and then click Properties.

3. On the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Sharing, select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection check box.

4. If present, under Home networking connection, in the Select a private network connection drop-down box, select the connection that connects directly to your network.

Here is a link to the complete guide: http://www.xtreme-source.com/index.php?p_id=tutorials&mode=view&tid=66
    Hope that get's you started.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2006
  3. batal21

batal21 Member

that is the point why im not able to use the ICS port forwarding!!!!

first of all my IP´s are Static.

the shared connection is perfect for web and all programs that i used.

i had a problem with a p2p program named emule it doesnt connect on the client on the server its gr8.

for others p2p i had no problem.

if i use the connection that i named internet (the other is named LAN and it´s for the lan) Under Dial-up or LAN or High-Speed Internet,
    those two are blue screen icons when the connections is functioning,
    i will not be able to share my connection with the other pc.

i have to select the connection that is under "gerenciador de conexoes" my windows is portuguese :s

this connection is an icon of my dsl provider! and im not able to access the properties.
    when i click on properties there is nothing it just dont open.

if i could i would enter and made the port forwarding manually there.

to open the properties and tick the box that says "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" i cant the properties doesnt open.

to make it the shared one i used the network wizard!

when i tried to change the sharing connection to make the other one that i named INTERNET the sharing one
    like you sugested
    the connection stopped for the client pc ! but on this connection i can access the properties, but no internet for the client pc so its useless...

is it normal whats hapening ?? and what should i do.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006