1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IE6 - Win Media Player 10

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by DonutHead, Jan 24, 2006.

1. DonutHead

DonutHead Member

Hi,

Im running windows XP and the browser Im using is IE6. I am trying to play video in IE6. I click on a newsreport which is a video file and it wont play. It tries to find the media settings but cant the error message I get is, "Video Player Unavailable" "Unfortunately the media you are attempting to play is not currently availabile in your chosen format. Please choose another."
    This was working fine and this problem just started. It is streamimg and should play in a little window on the newsreport site somehow using windows media which is working fine on its own.
    Ive checked the settings in options in IE6 and Windows media, Im usin version 10 and they seem ok.
    I cant find any info on it on the internet.
    Can anyone please help.

Donuthead

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

it could be that windows media player doesnt actually play that type of file. a lot of sites require real player to stream video.

so download real player or real alternative and try again

3. rav009

rav009 Active member

does it do this with all video?, try reinstaling the program