1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does anyone recognise this desktop tray icon?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by 97bullock, Jan 25, 2006.

1. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

its driving me nuts .its probably just a program that someone else who uses my computer installed but everytime i click it,it disappears and im really paranoid about how it looks.everytime i see it i automatically think some kind of ip tracking device or something.

[​IMG]

does anyone recognise what (if it even is one) program it is?

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

aww crap.it got automatically resized.heres a cropped close-up.

[​IMG]

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Looks like an email notification.

4. Inescapbl

Inescapbl Regular member

Double click it or right click it and find out it's properties. Should be able to find info that way.

5. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

yeah,ive done all that.double-clicking does nothing and right-clicking brings nothing up so theres no user interface and no properties apparently.
    hmmmm.you may be right.ive been floating my cursor over it and most times it disappears too quickly but ive managed to get the little yellow textbox thingy pop up a few times and amongst a few weird .de addresses,there was one where it said mail.yahoo.com

so im guessing it could be some sort of crappy program that yahoo has installed without my permission like they do with yahoo toolbar and the like.