1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping my vhs tapes to dvd

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Jimmer66, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Jimmer66

Jimmer66 Member

I have been transfering my sons Disney and other vhs tapes to my pc then to DVD, because they are starting to degrade. I'm using Giga Pocket to record them into the PC, but some are copyright protected and won't copy. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this problem or is there any hacks available out there that anyone knows of? Please help a new guy on the block. Thank you.

2. mafixit

mafixit Guest

I have a macrovision decoder I used to use when I actually still had a VCR. It plugged in between the two units and I am sure it would work the same when plugged into a PC.

I don't know if this little magic box is available, still, though. I paid $45.00 for it about 10 years ago.

Karen
    mafixit

3. smg

smg Regular member

I have the same little black box which I bought for the same reasons I(so that I could make copies of ALL my vhs store bought movies. It connected between the 2 vcrs like maf says. And it works perfectly at removing all the copyguard (no more darkening red areas or lines or wobbly secenes). I think I paid about $50.00 for mine about 12 or so years ago. However, they are no longer allowed to be imported into the U.S. Thank God I got mine before they were outlawed by our beloved govt..

4. tommays

tommays Member

go to best buy and look for a sima model SED-CM
    video copy master it makes great backups mine was bought in 2003 and seams to be legal in usa

tommays

Last edited: May 10, 2003