1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrieving win xp pro product key from cd

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by modify, Jan 28, 2006.

1. modify

modify Member

Is there any way to retrieve windows xp product key from the installation cd, i integrated SP2 to my original windows cd and apparently the product key has changed because of that.

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

ok if windows is still installed you can recover your cd key using "magical jelly bean finder". it can be found here http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml and im sure that when u mean integrated you made a iso and then integrated?? because of course theirs no way of integrating it into your original disk

3. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

You can make your cd key apart of your install by running the self-install kit found on your cd. The files required for doing this are in the DEPLOY.CAB file. You run a wizard pretty much the same as when you format and it creates a file for you to put on disk, which will have your user info as well as your key :). Its nice to have a automated slipstreamed sp2 XP disk. Format and reinstall in like 15-20mins :)

PS Give reverse engineering ago :p

Last edited: Jan 28, 2006
  4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Thats cool. Yeah i never knew you could do something like tht. Ill definelty give that a try.

5. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Its great if your someone that formats alot because it cuts down the time totally and plus you can make it so that there no interaction at all but not to sure how to do that. Like you can make it format your drive as well and set up a partition. And install programs like Java, Quicktime, Firefox, drivers as part of your windows install. I had a tutorial for it somewhere if i find it ill post it up.

6. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Thanks for the link