1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gateway Offline?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by TheBlaze, Jan 29, 2006.

1. TheBlaze

TheBlaze Member

I have Verizon DSL and a wireless Linksys router with speedbooster. I only have it so I can go on Xbox live wirelessly. It's only connected to my xbox and there are no other computers in the house. It was working fine until today. I tried to connect to MSN messenger and it says something about the gateway appears to be offline. Other services can't connect as well but I can go on the internet and use AIM just fine. Does anyone happen to know what could be happening?

This is the error message that comes up when I press repair on the network connection:

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
    Clearing the ARP cache

For assistance, contact the person who manages your network.

I am the administrator and I control the network so I don't know why it's saying that.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

have you tried turning off the router for 30 seconds then turning it back on and trying to connect again.

3. TheBlaze

TheBlaze Member

Sorry it took me so long to reply. One of my friends just got into a car accident and broke his spine, another friend had a brain aneurysm and suddenly died, and I just got into a car accident last night.

But yes I did try resetting the router and it still doesn't work and now I can't connect to Xbox live. I tried system restore but it won't let me restore it to any previous date.

4. TheBlaze

TheBlaze Member

Anyone have any other suggestions?