1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nVidia GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP 8x and RAM Memory

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by quikamber, Jan 29, 2006.

1. quikamber

quikamber Regular member

Hi everyone,
    I have look, but I could not find the drivers for my nVidia GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP 8x graphics card...any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Also, I currently have 1014MB RAM on my computer......I also have two 256MB RAM chips not in my computer.......is it possible to add these chips tom my computer so I have more RAM?

As you all can probably tell, I am not to good with computer...IF you have any answers plese explain in plain english...thanks

2. DarkGrif

DarkGrif Guest

my last pc i got this video card...
    this wasn't the best thing i ever bought but oh well

did you try to download driver from Nvidia.. and you should have a cd for that but if you lose it try downloading the driver Nvidia web site is simple to find your driver its step by step i don't think you won't have prob to find the 1 you need

for the ram make sure it's all ddr or sdram. cause if it's not don't ever think about add those 1 (usualy wrote on it)

if it's the same and it's sdram just make sure that the bigger 1 are in the first dimm and you place them in order biggest to smalest(the place you plug them usualy 1st r the top 1 and last r the bottom 1.) its wrote on the board anyway just check dimm#
    btw Dimm is the slot name for ram (just to be sure that you understand cause you said you want it simple don't take it personnaly i want you to understand)

if it's DDR it a little bit tricky cause first you have to know if it's a dual channel 1 and the speed of it (mhz) cause it will run at the speed of the slower 1 even if you got a cool 1 that clock at 433mhz if 1 of them is clock at 333mhz it will run at 333mhz so upgrading isn't really a good thing in this case. and for dual you gotta plug same ram (this might result with not the fully potential of ram but it will work so they should be the same mhz and memory size in the dual dimm (dual r usually in color 2 blue for the 1st dual and 2 black for the other 2) (color may change but same color for the 1 that work in dual togetter)

if you still got the manual of your board all is explain in it it will be better then trying to explain it cause i don't know your comp spec

but if you don't have it and still not sure about how to plug it wich kind of ram you already got just repost a message with your board model ect.. or maybe just try to find your board model on the net this way you'll know wich type of ram that can be plug and how you do it.

:0) hope this will help ya

3. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

this should be the right driver for that card

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.98.html

you may be able to add those memory modules (ram chips as you called them) into your computer if you have enough free space and indeed if its the correct type of memory

EDIT - typoe

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2006
  4. quikamber

quikamber Regular member

Ok...thanks guys.....I downloaded the drivers and I will tell you how the intallation goes....

The "memory chips" I have in my system are 512 sdram (two of them)
    and there are two openings in which my two extra 256MB sdram "memory chips" will fit, can I just plug the "memory chips" in and they will work???

Thanks for your help

Mike

I have ANOTHER question.....I recently took apart my old computer....it had a DVD drive and my new one does not....is there any way to use it with my new computer?

If this helps, here is some info on my computer.....

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Dimension 4700
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A09
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1014MB RAM
    Page File: 364MB used, 2079MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006