1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help With BIN/CUE/ISO files. and burning them to a CD.

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by TwiztidK, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiztidK

TwiztidK Member

ok, so i downloaded this program in .rar format, so i WinRar it open.. and find 2 folders. CD 1 and CD 2.. and its full of files like .001, 002, .003 etc... so i use HJ Join to try and join the files and it creates a new 633mb file... with no extention so i add .bin to the end of the file. and it becomes a BIN File it says... then i need to make a cue file, so i use Cueator to make me it a cue (iso) file(?).. i try and burn the cue file with nero and then it says it was successful.. but when i try and run the cd, the CD opens as if its blank... any ideas? or alternate methods? been trying this for days!
    Thanks a lot!

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

i'm not sure what HJ Join, is but that is probably where your problems start. I highly doubt that whatever you downloaded doesn't have the appropriate extension with it. you were correct in using winRAR to unrar the .rar file, but you need to use it again to open the .001...files to extract the file. right click on the .001 file, and there should be an option for winRAR to exract to here. Click that then you should have your file properly extracted with the proper extension. If its an image file, it could be .iso, .nrg, or there could be two, a .bin and .cue

edit 4 typo

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  3. umug

umug Regular member

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

closed due to multi-posting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.