1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for all-in-one software....advice needed

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jaycjayz, Jan 30, 2006.

1. jaycjayz

jaycjayz Member

Ok, I am looking for a easy to use video editing software that will take the place of the 8 different programs I currently use.

Basically what I would like the software to do is:
    1. convert videos from one format to another
    2. join/merge small clips to form large clips
    3. repair broken videos
    4. split videos into smaller clips

I figure there has to be an all-in-one software out there that will do all of these things, I have just yet to find it. Keep in mind however, I am looking for something that will execute quickly, and the program should be easy enough to use that I do not have to read a manual to learn to use it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

how much money are you willing to spend? There are decent consumer level video products such as nero vision, Sony Vegas Video, or Pinnacle , which all run aroun $80 to $100. Or if you want to do professional editing, you can get Adobe Premiere Pro, a full blown editing software that runs around $400.

edit 4 typo

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  3. jaycjayz

jaycjayz Member

Well, I can tell you....it has nothing to do with price, but I do not want something that advanced. I am looking for something very simple....think about Ultra Video Joiner. Very simple program, but all it does is join. So shouldnt there be a program out there that joins, splits, and converts all in one?