1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Audio Tag Editor

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by geoffg, Jan 31, 2006.

1. geoffg

geoffg Member

Hi,

Anyone know of a Tag Editor for RealAudio or RealMedia files??

There are loads of tag editors out there, but I can't find any that work with RealAudio files.

Of course there's a RealAudio Renamer that will rename the files based on the internal tags - but I want to do the opposite - to set the internal tags to reflect the file names! Or something that just allows me to edit the tags in batch mode without having to go into each one separately with Helix Realmedia Editor.

Can anyone suggest a prog that does this?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

3. geoffg

geoffg Member

Yes I found this too, but unfortunately, if you look at what it says you will see that it's not what I'm asking for.

The description says
    This is just another incarnation of the RealAudio Renamer I referred to that renames the files based on the internal tags - but I want to do the opposite - I want to set the internal tags to reflect the file names.

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

there doesn't seem to be much out there that does that...perhaps you can only edit the tags in real player itself

5. geoffg

geoffg Member

It's strange, there are many many progs out there that do exactly what I want for most other audio file types - but for some reason, even those that support multiple file types don't bother to include support for .ra or .rm files.

It would take very little coding effort to add support for these file types to an existing Tag editor, but for some reason the authors don't seem to see the need.