1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSN 7.5 disconnections

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by TwiztidK, Jan 31, 2006.

1. TwiztidK

TwiztidK Member

hey, i have high speed internet, cable.. but when ever im running MSN 7.5 and Morpheous at the same time, MSN always loses connection and signs out.. any one else experience this? can i change MSN's port settings or something?

2. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

Either you're downloading close to your max capacity, or your internet isn't as high speed as you might think...
    Changing ports won't help on this one, you'll either have to get a faster connection, or make sure you leave enough minimum bandwidth for msn to operate.

3. TwiztidK

TwiztidK Member

even if im dl'n at 2kb/s on morpheus, it'll close my msn connection. typically with limewire or Azureus i can dl at 100+ kb/s and it wont interfer with my msn

4. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

Then there's probably some kind of compatibillity problem between the 2... But since you already use Bittorrent and Limewire, why bother with Morpheus anyway?

5. TwiztidK

TwiztidK Member

limewire is crap now a days full of dead/currupt files and viruses and i hardly ever use it now. but i was just using it to make a point that those other progs work and run along side my MSN, but Morph seems to collide with it.. and i know Morph uses a lot of ports so thats why i was wondering if maybe its useing an MSN port.

6. rav009

rav009 Active member

If your msn is disconecting try theese,

open msn>help>service status, then refresh the page that loads up, this will tell you if its the service.

then try theese,

Go to Start
    Click Run
    Enter the following in the box regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
    Re-Start MSN Messenger

if that dont work i bet this will,

Go to Start -> Run and type CMD and then hit the <enter> key.

Then at the command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns and then hit enter and retry connecting with MSN Messenger.

sorry i didnt read the thread fully but if your msn's disconecting then do thoose.