1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Critical Errors, Can anyone help please?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by angus999, Feb 4, 2006.

1. angus999

angus999 Regular member

Hope I'm in the right forum here, apologies if I'm not!

I installed TwonkyMusic to stream music from my PC to my TV/Hifi etc.

Upon installing, I entered an IP address. The program appeared to work okay until I tried to restart it later. It would not and still wont start up.

I think I have entered the wrong IP address and with hindsight should have left it blank.

Now when I try to start up, I get one of two Critical Error messages.

One is: Error whilst binding toSSDP multicast socket:0 on (IP address I had entered).

Other is: No free port for RTP server found on IP (IP addres I had entered).

I have read in some forum that it could be a firewall and ports can be opened etc in there. My firewall prog is Zone Alarm and I can't see how I can open ports in that.

All I think I need to do is access the Twonky config, to alter the IP address but cant access it because of these error messages.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem either by getting into the config screen or by freeing a port etc etc

If anyone can, can you please tell me in basic terms.

Thanks very much to anyone replying

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

i have absoloutly no idea why you needed to install anything at all to get music from your pc playing through a stereo... all it requires is an audio cable not software. same goes for video you just need a video cable

if theres something im missing here please let me know...

if this software is essential then why dont you try uninstalling then reinstalling it

3. angus999

angus999 Regular member

That was the whole point of having a wirelsee streamer (Netgear MP101) so I didn't need a cable.

It's sorted itself now for some reason, and I was able to get into the config screen to delete the IP address.

Thanks anyway....