1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP TO VISTA CONVERTION PACK

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by naroon, Feb 4, 2006.

1. naroon

naroon Member

Hi all in the forum,has anybody tried this free pack.It changes windows xp to look and feel just like the new windows vista.Your windows xp is still the same underneath so none of the usual problems accociated with new operating systems.Caution it does take a leap of faith and id does show warnings about using it.What i done was to install it on a old pc and i must say i was hooked.Ive now put it on my normal pc .It can be fully un-installed to leave xp just how it was before.It was about time microsoft gave us more than just 3 themes for our pcs,the one im using now is graphite and glass and it looks brill.You can find it by typing "Softex Meganet" into google and its the first 2 sites listed.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Boy am i glad it's in another language and can manuver around in ther....why don't you just post the link to the direct download.

3. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

Why bother messing with XP if you can use Windowblinds or StyleXP to do this for you?

4. naroon

naroon Member

Why Daniel,because its always nice to see what direction windows is movind in.

5. naroon

naroon Member

6. naroon

naroon Member

Its on page 16 of the site see above.

7. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

I still don't see why anyone should mess with xp if they can get the same effect by running windowblinds.
    Or if your that desperate, why not just install the Vista Beta?

8. naroon

naroon Member

Hi daniel,im not desperate and im not messing with xp ,this is just like adding any other program to windows and im sure yu dont think adding say a burning suite or a convertion program to xp is messing with it, as millions of people do this daily.Iam sure that Windowblinds can be similar to this prog,but this dosent give the average joe blogs a chance to see what vista is going to look like .Like i said earlier this prog can be un installed just like any other ,so to me and lots of other people this is just the same as trying a program to get the look and feel of it.Dont forget this is not vista its still xp under the hood so the problem of bugs ect. that are usually connected with new operating systems dosent apply here.Its just like giving your car a paint job,the car is still the same it just looks diferent.

9. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

@ naroon
    page 16? there are no page numbers and it has:
    31/01/2006 Logoff/Shutdown Text Remover - One step closer to Vista
    and
    16/01/2006 Vista Visual Styles Pack 3.0 - Proper visual styles

are one of those it?

10. naroon

naroon Member

There are 62 pages of software to download on that site ,go to the bottom of the page and go thru it it is there .