1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUT- How To Make an xbox game backup (simple)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xyron, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xyron

xyron Guest

As a matter of protecting my self to any copyright stuff i have removed this tut and have sent a pm to a moderator to remove this from the sticky board, sorry for any trouble.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2006
  2. xyron

xyron Guest

2 days and no reply thats sad! ;(

3. hops4me

hops4me Guest

i have the exzenium ice mod on my xbox. i can understand what u r saying about burning the game but what i cant figure out is how to set up an ip address 4 my x-box 2 my com. can u help me or point me in the right direction. please!!!!
    your noob friend hops

4. bally199

bally199 Member

that is awesome v.well done

5. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Hops- It's easy to set up. First you need to set up your xbox. Go into system settings. This is where you can change IP, network settings, dvd and game region, etc. Find the spot for IP, hit A to open the selection box and for IP type in 192.168.0.3. It doesnt HAVE to be this, I am just picking this IP for simplicity, so use that. In the box for subnet type in 255.255.255.0. For gateway leave EMPTY (ie nothing in the field). Set DNS's to 0.0.0.0. Also make SURE that IP is set to static, setup network has a YES and that FTP is enabled as well.
    When this is done, scroll down to save and exit to save and exit. Ok, your xbox has an IP! Connect the crossover cable from the xbox ethernet port to the NIC port on your PC, and reboot the xbox. When it boots it should have the assigned IP, and a link between the xbox and PC. Go back into settings and you should see the new IP and the link should say "100mbs full duplex". This means success establishing a link. "No Link" means wrong cable or other physical connection probs.
    On the PC, open an FTP program like Flash FXP. Make sure that your firewall is OFF or correctly configured to allow FTP. OFF is probably the best to avoid problems for newbs. When you are ready to connect, type in 192.168.0.3 as the IP you want to connect to. Port 21 is fine, user xbox and pass xbox. Hit the connect button. It really should connect and you will see a list of drives on the xbox for you to explore.
    That should be it. It's a very simple process with little to configure or screw up. It's only slightly more difficult than hooking up a DVD player or VCR really.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  6. xyron

xyron Guest

@Jigen

thx for helping hop ;)

@bally199

thx for your feed back ;)

7. sean12

sean12 Guest

Hi JIGEN, do you need to connect your xbox to a phone line to set up ur IP address n that?

8. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

No. The xbox doesn't need to be hooked to anything but you can hook up the crossover cable to the PC before setting it up if you want to. Set the IP and other settings, reboot xbox with cable connected and you should be good to go once it restarts.

9. sean12

sean12 Guest

oh by the way,

WHY DO YOU NEED TO 'copy the games you wish to backup on to your xbox harddrive.'

???

WHATS THE POINT??

Cant I just use Ultra ISO or some sort of program to get a backup of the game (ISO Format) and then use Alcohol 120% to burn it???

CAN I BURN TO A NORMAL DISC OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE THIS 'MAGIC DISC' THINGY IVE HEARD OF, WHAT IS THAT?

i know thats a lot to take in but if you can answer as best you can id be very greatful!

10. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Sean12 - The point is that a PC can't read Xbox discs. The Xbox itself must be used to get access to the files. You DON'T have to copy it to HDD first if you don't want to though. You can FTP the files straight from the disc in the DVD-ROM drive to your PC without this extra step of ripping to Xbox HDD.

11. sean12

sean12 Guest

WOW this is confusin' whats HDD???

do I need to buy any cables or anything to connect my xbox to my pc???

12. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Sean12- HDD stands for Hard Disc Drive. Yes, you need a crossover cable available at any store that sells computer equipment. $15-20. You also need a modded Xbox if that hasn't been made clear. These are the minimum requirements to copy a game from disc to PC.
    Why all the confusion, I don't know. It's a simple process once you understand the steps.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  13. xyron

xyron Guest

and sean12 go check out the how to ftp ... made esy tut , so you get a little bit of idead on how to set up ftp connection, just clik the link in the tut.

14. sean12

sean12 Guest

hi agen,
    my m8 had a spare cable and he says its the right one, is it like a phone line cable at both ends??

i went to a few other forums about ftp-ing and they're all talking about dashboards nd stuff,

DO I NEED SOME SORT OF DASHBOARD THING?
    IF SO, HOW DO I PUT IT ON THE XBOX?
    WHAT IS IT?!!!

thnks sooooo much sean.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2006
  15. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Sean- Wow, you are making this harder than it needs to be. When you boot up your modified xbox what happens? It should boot up to a dashboard such as EvoX, Avalaunch, or even UnleashX. That is if the mod was done right. You should have a list of options to run a game, or run apps from the HDD, or change system configurations, etc.
    This is where all the action happens basically. Using the dashboard interface you are able to run games, copy games, run emulators, listen to music or watch videos etc (depending on what apps you have installed).
    As far as your mates cable goes, I hope he knows the difference between a CROSSOVER cable and the straight through type. If he does then this will be fine. And yes, the ends do look somewhat like regular phone jacks more or less, but they are certainly not just regular phone cord.

16. xyron

xyron Guest

sean i will say this once -

please dont make it hard on your self trying to find answers which are not complicated, before you do any this research about what are modded xboxes, what are the advantages and what are the disadvantages, what you will need to do after you modded your xbox, and learn about the terms such as dashboards, HDD, eeprom, ...

[bold]@to all

there is a gamertags posting thread in the xbox- general disscussion forum, go check it , or just click the link in my sig.[/bold]

17. shaq2tuff

shaq2tuff Member

sorry i kno this pry has been answered already but can i buy a cord to hook directly to pc from the x box instead of using my router and cables?

18. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Yeah, you can use a crossover cable for a direct connection.

19. SCORPSRLZ

SCORPSRLZ Member

Hi there, I have a modded xbox which has the dvd2box in it, i have backedup all my games but got to one that has over 6 gigs and I only have 4.3 available on hdd, is there any way to access the console thru ftp directly to the dvd drive partition and copy it to the pc? I havent tryed it I tryed to read something about it today but couldnt find any thread that could answer this question. Thanks

20. SCORPSRLZ

SCORPSRLZ Member

Guys I appologize for posting this question, that I just found on the faq, my bad, I had read the faq about 2 or 3 days ago and didnt remember reading thati was proably cause I was looking for something else. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.