1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT THE ****?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Sudds, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Sudds

Sudds Active member

I was just going through my com there and pulled up a folder for adaptor and a picture of slipknot was the thumbnail on the folder! went to prop and it was classed as video?! Changed to default and a smaller pic of slipknot and the adaptor icon was on the folder, this is the same with many others only differ pics, also while customizing a folder for an mp4 the same pic appeared on another folder!! What is going on!?

2. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

dont know if you did it or not, but it sounds like you or someone visited a music site and downloaded something that had to do with the band but check marked possibly an option to change your icons to that group as well. be carefull when downloaded from p2p networks and such. i would also recommend running spyware programs soon because of that as well.

3. Sudds

Sudds Active member

I have my spyware run auto every so often, i dont download any music from the net at all, i already ave a vast collection plus i like rippin the music my self, is there any other way this could ave happened, is there a box checked somewhere that whenever i change a folder it changes the rest?

4. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

its not spyware.

its probably just media player downloading album art, if it finds a track with the exact same length and track number as an album in the online database then it will download the picture for that album.. even if its not actually the album the track comes from...

it gave me the slipknot cover for a clubhouse song before now so i shouldnt worry about it

5. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Ok, cheers lads, it is annoying though! :)