1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PAL PS2 games on an NTSC PS2

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by nrk4594, Oct 31, 2004.

1. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

2. rx78

rx78 Member

hi everyone,

I'm trying to make my pal WRC04 playable in my NTSC US PSTwo with Crystal-chip mod....

after I search everywhere, it just so confuse to me now @_@ and I try most method and spent 10 disks so far ... no success @_@

I just want ask this way .... with the Hardware I have right now... is there a "easy" way I can just simplely put a disk in and make it work?? ....('cause I know the Disc is okie, I heard the music just no screen)

thx :)

3. rx78

rx78 Member

after another few hours searching and found there is new F/W for CC1.0 ... then update it ...

all problem solved. put my original WRC04 game in, turn it on all good :D

finally can play that game :D:D and I was sitting in front of TV for a while ^^;;

well only problem is I need fix the screen center problem .... anyway that's it :)

4. dewsphere

dewsphere Member

has anyone tried this with the Prince of persia warrior within game? i did the default one using jayteemaster pal to ntsc fix but the game is really off. like 15% black screen on the bottom. which y fix do i choose?

5. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Is this a download or purchase?

6. dewsphere

dewsphere Member

it was purchased but i used the backup. i was able to fix both copies by using the ingame screen adjust. thanks anyway

7. majio

majio Guest

Hey, I am having similar problems with prince of persia warrior within. I tried using the ingame screen adjust(there is an option in the display options of the game), but there still is like an inch offset from top to bottom. What should I change the y-offset to? and can i apply the patch to the iso that has already been patched? Thanks in advance for any help.

8. jblue

jblue Member

Can anyone help me, I have a problem with WWE Smackdown and Raw. I patch the game with adr patch then load it to my HDD using WinHiip use HD Advance with mode 3 the screen still roll.

I then try patch it with PS2 Pal 2 Ntsc same HD Advance with all 3 modes tried it just gave me a blank screen.

Please help

9. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

majio,

Did you use a y-fix offset of 48?

10. majio

majio Guest

11. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

48 is as close as you can get. You'll never get the whole picture because the PAL signal has more lines of resolution.

Most games there isn't much to complain about. Then there are some where even a little cut off ruins the game, like 4 player split screen games.

You might want to buy a multistandard tv that accepts the PAL and NTSC signal.

12. jblue

jblue Member

I also use 48 y-fix offset

13. hampage

hampage Member

Ok, I am a little confused... The PAL/NTSC will cause the games not to run in PS2 or will just make image problems? Cause some games I burned from the internet were PAL and didn't play in my PS2... that red screen with insert a valid PS2 game appear... so I don't know if my PS2 is NTSC... cause the game I burned is PAL... how can I check if my PS2 is NTSC?? thanks.

14. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

If the game is from a different region, the game will be displayed in black and white and it will be off center.

If you live in one of these countries, your ps2 is NTSC

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  15. hampage

hampage Member

So the game should play, even if using a diferent format... and how could I check if it's NTSC looking at the console, is there a way??

16. andrew31

andrew31 Regular member

hi i tryed the ntsc to pal on call of duty (ps2) says its done it but then says file to big

17. recca-kun

recca-kun Member

[bold] It wont WORK! [bold]
    OK i backuped need for speed underground 2 and i have tried to make it work twice scrapping two disks. First the game worked fine but it wasnt in color and then when i did that patch for pal to ntsc and burned the iso it didnt work. just these two blue lines apperead and when i hit the reset button it just shut off. my ps2 is not damaged at all but can you "nrk" or ne one help me out?
    I was also thinking of using rw dvd disks to try games before i burn them so i dont waste as much money. Can you also tell me if i could use them?

18. bossplaya

bossplaya Guest

recca kun I would suggest just using the USA NTSC version of NFSU2. That way you don't need to patch it. Also did you download the game or make a backup copy from the original disc??

19. hampage

hampage Member

Ok, but the problem here was different... when I tried do play the downloaded iso of underground 2 PAL my PS2 gave me that RED SONY SCREEEN "please insert a valid PS2 disc"... is it possible that this screen appeared because I burned PAL or this is due to a bad burned disc or incorrect made ISO?

20. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

recca-kun,

Try using the adr patcher mentioned in the first page of this topic. Stick with dvd-r as they will work with all systems. DVD+R only works on ps2 v5+.

hampage,

What modchip did you install in your ps2?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004