1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile PhoneTools v3.0 US

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by motomania, Jan 1, 2005.

1. motohelps

motohelps Member

HEy yall...those of you who are having problems with the "intailizing" thing ( where it does not install your phone, and the thing just keeps saying intalizing) I have a solution. I had the same problem. So do this: First unistall ur moblie tools version 3. Then go to this site: www.motopage.uk.tt After you go there download phone tools version 1.23. After that hok up your phone, and this version will install your phone and it will work. After the phone picture comes up, the intalizing wil lquit and it will see your phone as online. Then, if you want to get version 3, uninstall version 1.23 and install version three. Then since it has already accepted your phone version 3 will work.

2. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

Still doesn't work. I had 3.11, had to reinstall due to comp problems, now I can't get any of them to work. Before when I installed 3.11 it worked flawlessly, first time. Now I am having this problem.

3. nvkid909

nvkid909 Member

sumfink else to try with the bluetooth (worked for me - SO far ;-) )

goto my computer - my network places - network connections - then on all the bluetooth click properties.. theres check boxes at "connect using.."

i just tick them all cos quite frankly, i aint sure, (standard modem? v.series tdma modem? motorola phone? they all sound the same to me) anyhooo my v600 lights up when i start mpt now. try that

4. caracara

caracara Member

motohelp you rock. I finally can use my PhoneTools! I did as you said and downloaded v.1.23 and installed it after uninstalling v.3.11. V.1.23 recognized my phone fairly quickly and stopped saying initializing. Then I installed v3.11 without uninstalling 1.23 and all works well. It recognizes my phone and I'm able to transfer files to my phone.

5. Marine22

Marine22 Member

Hey MOTOHELPS or anyone else who can help me,
    I uninstalled v3.11 and installed v1.23, and the phone installation screen was on for over 15 mins, still installing, and I fianlly pressed cancell. Then the phone popped up in the right side, and it continues saying initializing. What else can I do for my v180? Seems like nothing is working, any advice please?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  6. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

SAME exact this here, man. I have had no problems with this program until now

7. browneyes

browneyes Member

I have a Motorola RAZR V3 and I did everything on http://www.motopage.uk.tt/ yet I still cant get MPT to detect my phone.

I'm running WinXP w/ SP1.

[​IMG]

Anyone? What am I doing wrong?

8. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

At least yours is showing YOUR phone! LOL When I used it before, on the same system, MY phone was shown. Now, from the exact same installation file, it isn't detecting anything. Hopefully someone, someday, will help us out here.

9. browneyes

browneyes Member

I have no idea what I did, but I did something right.

I turned off my phone, removed the battery for 1 minute, restarted my phone then connected it to the USB and bingo bango.. The phone was detected by MPT. Now i have full access through my PC. This is pretty awesome~!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  10. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

Interesting. I will try that as well. Thanks

11. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

Ok, I believe I have found out how to get around these recurring problem. So here are the steps:

1. Download and extract the P2K drivers:
    http://bongowireless.com/file_download.php
    2. Connect your phone to the computer. Do not turn on Phone Tools at this time.
    3. When your computer tries to recognize the 'modem' (the phone), manually point it to the folder where you extracted the P2K files.
    4. When the computer is done locating the 'modem', double check it is working in device manager.
    5. If all is ok, turn on Phone Tools
    6. When Phone Tools wants to search for a phone, cancel and skip the process.
    7. After the image of whatever phone appears on the screen. select 'menu'.
    8. Go to 'setup'.
    9. Select the 'communication' tab.
    10. Hit the 'change modem' button.
    11. Hit 'next' at the Device Configuration Wizard screen.
    12. One of the selectable modems should be 'Motorola USB Modem'. If you do not see it, hit 'add' and then 'have disk', and point it to the P2K drivers. Or just start over from step 1.
    13. If you did see 'Motorola USB modem' as a aselection, highlight it and press 'next'.
    14. At the detect driver screen, check the box that says 'Do not detect driver. Select from a list.' Hit 'next'.
    15. There should be a few options under the device manufaturer area on the left, most likely 'Bluetooth Adapter', 'Motorola CDMA', 'Motorola GSM', and 'Motorola TDMA'. Select the appropriate field.
    16. Under 'Device Model', select your phone. (Most phones in use will be a device under 'Motorola GSM').
    Hit 'next'.
    17. At the final screen, hit 'Finish'.
    The End!
    I hope this is helpful to all. I have been able to use this method to get two v180s working on two seperate computers where I previously had the 'Initializing' error.
    If you find this method is succesful, please post some feedback....

12. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

WOW!! LOL. I will try this later today. Thanks a lot for this info! Will see what happens!!

Doug

13. BadAir

BadAir Member

For what it's worth, I use my V551 on Bluetooth, and I get the Little "x"& red on the phone image nearly daily. I finally learned to just shut the phone off, turn it right back on, and it Initializes itself.

Problem I have is it keeps making a new connection, but I just keep deleting the old ones? I am using MPT 3.19.

The MPT seems very "touchy" to me!

14. lobudgit

lobudgit Member

Wow! MPT v3.19? Where did you get that? The latest version I've heard of so far is v3.11, which was a D/L update. Was this what you received when you bought your kit (adapter and CD), or did you download this somewhere? Where did you buy your BT module? I'm trying to find a low cost vendor, and so far the best I've found was $70 from cellphonemall. Please check your docs/help and let me know if MPT 3.19 supports Lotus Notes version 6.5. Do you think the connectivity kit is worth it? I put in an email to Moto's support asking about Lotus Notes version 6.5 support and upgrade compatibility with the V551, but haven't heard back from them yet. It concerns me that what I've found to buy for the V551 is MPT v3.0, and now some people are already running v3.19 - the software sounds like it's having some problems.

15. nvkid909

nvkid909 Member

i got the 3.19e version on the live update.
    still does not fix some probs i still cant transfer pictures or tones to my v600 (internal server error message for tones/ aborted pics transfer) while i CAN do it with bluemanager. for these reasons personally i cant recommend anyone paying money for it, im not sure bvrp know their own product cos on their help site http://www.bvrpforums.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=27 they say in faq, when i get error message transferring mp3, its cos it needs to be 128 bit or lower... oh dear i'm afraid i already used bluemanager to get 320bit tones on my phone so thats not right! no explanation of why mpt wont transfer pics though (while blueman.. does... hmmmmmmm)

16. Idleline

Idleline Member

I tried what Omega suggested and was unable to connect. My problem it seems is that whenever I try and install the drivers it wants to configure the modem on COM1 or COM2 and it should be USB.

I am running WinXP SP1. Connecting via data cable.

I also tried installing 1.23 from motopage.tt.uk and I couldn't even install it, I got a .DLL error and it aborted.

17. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

Idleline, are you getting the same 'Initializing' error as others?
    And does a 'Motorola USB Modem' show up in your Device Manager? Even though I connect via USB, when I check the properties of the modem ('advanced' tab, then 'advanced' port settings), I have a COM port assigned to the device. In fact, you can change the COM port assigned to the modem from here. You may want to experiment with these com settings.
    Also, If you have plugged in to a different USB port on previous attempts, the computer might see each instance as a seperate modem (motorolaa usb modem 1, motorola usb modem 2, etc), and reserve Com ports for each instance.
    And as far as the DLL problem, I had a similar experiance with a later version of Mobile Phone Tools. I was able to hit 'skip this file'. Do you get a similar offer, or does it just abort on you?

18. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

BTW, have you tried DLing the software from a different site? There is always the small possibility that the site has a corrupt file....

19. Idleline

Idleline Member

I am getting the same initializing errors as everyone else and yes Motorola USB does show up in the device manager but it shows up saying Device could not be started Error (10). I even chose the specific drivers for the v3 and that at least got the image of my phone but I got the same message as Browneyes.

20. Idleline

Idleline Member

Ok, I got my phone to work with Mobile tools by using a USB Bluetooth adapter instead of the data cable.

Unfortunately it seems about the only thing Mobile Phone Tools can do with the V3 is work with the Calendar. I was unable to view my pictures, send files, or view my phone book. :(