1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers for WinXp, Winme, Win98se *****Look Here******

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by mossyy, Mar 28, 2005.

1. ewokjedi

ewokjedi Guest

me to but what are we to do...

2. debmul

debmul Member

ewokjedi
    And your reply has what to do with my question, other then sending a link to a website with pop-ups!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ewokjedi

ewokjedi Guest

debmu what link ...

4. ewokjedi

ewokjedi Guest

i said this is a BAD LINK...

5. bigollie

bigollie Guest

No one cares. It is obvious.

6. whompus

whompus Active member

Ok guys for the driver I have them on my site here. http://www.mtc-comp.com/drv.zip With this being just drivers I dont see any problem with them being there. Unless the legal owner tells me otherwise. For the software you will need to use I can not in good faith put it up. I dont have the right.

7. odoyle

odoyle Guest

Thanks whompus but now that I have the drivers what do I do? I am really confused. I have the v180, data cable, Motorola Phone Tools, and WinXP. My computer recognizes the phone when I plug it in but cant get it to work.

8. Stylze

Stylze Member

as soon as i download the driver how do i install it or use it

I Have windows 98
    Motorola V180
    Have Not Yet Download MPT

9. bigollie

bigollie Guest

same thing with me, v180 but windows me

10. Rossempv

Rossempv Member

Hi I have the Motorola V980 where can I find the drivers and the other software for it, please help I have a cable for the V980 and Windows XP but he can't find it :(

11. ulised

ulised Member

Hey everybody having trouble getting Mobile PhoneTools to work, I hope this will help!

Installing Mobile PhoneTools - Starting from scratch:

What you will need:
    -usb cable
    - mobile phone tools; versions 1.23c, 2.16 update, and v3.11h.Final.Retail
    -p2k and p2kman (I don't know if you need both, but I have both and it worked for me)
    -chfaken (to unlock your phone)
    (I found links to download all these programs in threads for mobile phone tools, some of the links don't work anymore, but some do - you just have to try them)

1. Uninstall all programs associated with the phone (mobile phone tools, etc.)
    2. restart your computer
    3. re-flash your phone - Make sure that the usb cable is DISCONNECTED from your computer before proceeding:
    a. turn off phone,
    b. press *, #, and the OFF button all at the same time,
    c. plug in the usb cable (it will tell you to do this on the phone's screen)
    the phone should say "ok" and the computer will recognize it as new hardware, if needed, choose to browse to the folder that you extracted the p2k driver into and it should be found
    d. After it is finished installing, disconnect the phone from your computer again, and turn it back on.
    4. Open the Chfaken file and run the unlock
    5. Go to the folder where you saved the mobile phone tools software,
    6. Double click the icon for the version 1.23c and install this first, follow the install wizard until it gets to the window where there is a "Finish" button at the bottom. Click the box next to "Automatically run application" (or something similar) to remove the check - DO NOT RUN THE FIRST VERSION OF MOBILE PHONE TOOLS (1.23c)
    7. Immediately go back to the folder in which you saved the mobile phone tools software and double click on the icon for the version 2.16 update and install it now
    8. After it is finished installing, double click the icon on your desktop to run mobile phone tools (you have to run the second version or the 3rd version will not install).
    9. Go through the set up, when it asked to detect drivers for your phone, click the box next to "Select driver from a specified location (Advanced)" to put a check in it
    10. If you cannot find your phone in the list, just pick one that is close to your model number and finish the install (I had to do this because I have a V220)
    11. mobile phone tools might ask you how you want to connect, click usb cable
    12. When it asks you to, plug the usb cable into your phone
    13. It should detect it after a few minutes, then pop up a phone skin - if you had to choose a different model than you have, it won't look just like your phone - it doesn't matter
    14. It will initialize for awhile, be patient - however, if it takes more than 10 mins, something is wrong and you will have to start over from the beginning.
    15. Once, it has finished initializing, click on the Multimedia Studio icon and try to transfer a couple of files (pics, etc.) - if everything is working fine close mobile phone tools
    16. Go back to the folder where you saved mobile phone tools and double click on the icon for the 3rd version of mobile phone tools v3.11h.Final.Retail, and install it
    17. Near the end of the install you might get a couple of error messages, just click ignore - if you get them at the beginning of the install and there are so many that you cannot get through them, it is not going to work and you will have to start over
    18. If the install goes okay, it should automatically launch mobile phone tools
    19. It will ask you again how you want to connect to your phone, choose usb cable and (if your phone is still plugged in) disconnect the usb cable and reconnect it, let it detect your phone
    20. It should detect your phone and bring up the phone skin, let it initialize (this should only take a few minutes, be patient
    21. When it is done initializing, click on the menu button on the phone skin, go to setup and click on "new phone"
    22. It will ask you again how to connect to phone, choose usb cable (if necessary, disconnect and reconnect your phone)
    23. After it detects your phone again, go thru the set up, it will ask you to automatically detect drivers, click the box next to "Select driver from a specified location (Advanced)" again.
    24. When it pops up the list of phones, you should be able to find your model in the list (v220 is near the bottom of the list)
    25. Finish the set up, when it is done it should change the phone skin to your model phone (when mine came up, it looked just like my phone).
    26. When it is done initializing, you should be ready to go - you can upload and download to and from your phone now.

I got all the info that I needed to figure this out from the threads for mobile phone tools - especially from threads written by Mossy and xman2004. I am very new to all of this, and it took quite a few hours of screwing around with it before I could get it to work. So I thought a step by step of what I had to do might help someone else. If anyone finds that I missed a step or a correction that needs to be made, please let me know. I definetly don't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction. Good Luck!

12. debmul

debmul Member

Tried the link, get an error trying to open the zip file. Any other suggestions?

13. ulised

ulised Member

None of the links that I used to get the files are working. And I can't seem to find any links that do work; on this forum or others. Weird. I did find this one link that works, for now. But it is a link to download version 3.11 of mobile phone tools, the 3rd version. I tried installing just the 3rd version when I first started messing around with the phone and it doesn't work. You have to install the previous versions first. But I guess its worth a try. It is a different file name than the one I downloaded. I'll keep looking for the other versions.

Here it is

http://myskye.com/download/mpt323.exe

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  14. magai

magai Member

hy..i need the drivers for motorola v1050..anyone has it?please help me..put it for download or mail it to me at mihai_cool@yahoo.com
    thank's!

15. wooconley

wooconley Member

Do I need to unlock my phone to install and use Phone Tools? I am a Cingular customer and already use my phone.

16. dannyloco

dannyloco Guest

Hey Guys, I have mobile phone tools 3.20 and Im willing to upload to anyone who AIM's me at garciaflava5 . I also have a working driver that works for my razr and windows xp...lataz

17. kbarrett

kbarrett Member

motodude, I am on the end of a long telephone line that that due to capacity also has an un-removable DAX on it so I only get 2.8k connection on my modem (wont bore you withe discussions I've had with BT about this and consequence that I can't have broadband) but did spend 3.5hrs downloading MPT3.11 and then tried installing using your password "motodude" all archives extracted except the last!!!?? Is there anyway I can get your RAR file 07 without re-downloading the whole lot. On extraction it says it may be the wrong password but more likely corrupted during down load.
    Please help, the 5meg RAR will only take 30mins, much better than locking my phone for 3.5hrs.

Anyone else help with download for just this rar file or emailme at kandlbarrett@yahoo.co.uk

18. pewterss

pewterss Member

can anyone direct me 2 the drivers for the v505, thanks a million guys and gals =)

19. V635freak

V635freak Guest

I tried to download the drivers from the link up above (on the first page, the one for the drivers for all motorola V series phones) but I keep gettin' the same error page. What's the deal??? Is it not bein' hosted any more?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2005
  20. Piro-man

Piro-man Member

hello I have a motorola v180 I have USB cable... i have a driver (i don`t know if is good ) but I don`t have program to transfer pics, mp3,phlofonic music from calculator to phone.. so sameone PLS tell me a site whitout money from were i can take a GOOD driver and A PROGRAM to transfer mp3 from PC to Phone .... PPPLLLSSS .. Send me a short mail on zeu_adoriss@yahoo.com or let me a offline message on my Yahoo messeger my ID : Zeu_adoriss

SO i need a driver for Motorola V180 and a program to transfer music from pc to phone