1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: making mp3 ringtones

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by arcanix, Jun 26, 2005.

1. copprhead

copprhead Member

Am having the same problem as Brett06. When encoding I received message the Lame.exe cannot be found. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. chuy01

chuy01 Member

can i email the tones 2 my phone? and where? im using tmobile on a razr

3. e_lectric

e_lectric Member

By far the easiest way to send files to your phone is bluetooth. USB BT dongles can be had for ~$10. Nothing to plug in, no software, just send it.

4. JRL47

JRL47 Member

OK. My phone is a V551.

So I got as far as to get the ring tone on my phone (via P2K Tools). The applied "as ringtone". Then called my phone from the house and the old ring tone is still playing.

I tried this with two separate MP3 files, same thing happend both times. I have no user groups or catagories set up for ANYONE in my phone book. Confused??

5. victa815

victa815 Member

where can i dl this mobile edit program u say that is from motorola itself? :D [link]

thx

6. Hexxen7

Hexxen7 Member

Anyone know any advanced sound editing? I made a few ringtones with the above method, but they still dont sound very good. I have some ringtones from cell one, paid ones, though i didnt pay for it..but they sound really good. Loud and clear, no distortion what so ever and these are ringtones by linkin park, which have a lot of distortion. I am just wondering if anyone knows how the cell phone companies make them sound so good. oh i tried that method someone posted about setting the highpass to 100, that didnt work just had a error.

btw i have a Motorola V400

7. gaz69er

gaz69er Member

hey just email me what realtone u want and ill make it 4 u then send it bk (rodsteel69@hotmail.com)

8. mateofams

mateofams Member

I HAVE A IMAC.. DO YOU GUYS KNOW IF I CAN SEND MP3 FILES TO MY MOTOROLA V600
    THROUGH THIS METHOD? I HAVE A PROGRAM THAT IS SIMILAR TO THE ONE POSTED AND
    CAN FIX THE SONG TO HOWEVER I WANT IT. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN SEND MP3
    FILES TO MY FONE ? IS Mobile Phone Tools COMPATIBLE WITH IMAC 0SX 10.3.9

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005
  9. bill7213

bill7213 Member

Need help please.

I made some .wav ringtones for my i730 of some of my bands songs. i know some people that would like to also have them. would a .wav ringtone work on all phones that can play .wav files or does different phones need to have different bit rates and all of that.

10. pr0w3ss

pr0w3ss Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!!1 free ringtones!!!!

11. mobywalt

mobywalt Regular member

i tried your guid yesterday for my moto rokr and it worked top man!!!

you cant set your mp3's on your rokr as ring tones but doin that like you sed you can you just save it in

mobile>audio and then there is is as your ringtone.

ace!!!!!!!!!!!

12. pr0w3ss

pr0w3ss Member

having a bit of a problem. ok so i got the mp3 on my razr. thanks for the quide. but whenever i tell it to apply it as a ringtone it will not... any ideas on why???

13. mobywalt

mobywalt Regular member

is your phone compatable with real music ringtones?

14. mobywalt

mobywalt Regular member

also is the option 'apply as ringtone' highlighted or will it let you go on it but then when phone rings it doesnt play it?

please explain what is going on?

i find it strange and wana help you out pal thats all.

cheers sam

15. spacetom

spacetom Member

I'm having the same problem as the person above me. I got the mp3 to my razr, and it will play in the media section, but when i set as ringtone it will say "Calls set to (song title)" but it wont actually set them as the ringtone, and it doesnt show up in the list of ringtones. Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

16. mobywalt

mobywalt Regular member

might be because it is in mp3 format try chaing the kind of format you are saving it as.

sam

17. pr0w3ss

pr0w3ss Member

well. as you know from my previous post i have the same problem lets just say i gave up trying with p2k but i believe you are suppose to delete a couple files first... MyTone.db and TempTone.db then restarting your phone? that might help u see your ringtones. but i found that out after a load of research on the web searching forums after forum and by that time i had gotton a copy of mobilephonetools so now i just dont bother with p2k. but i thought i should tell you guys. oh and please make a back up of your phone data before you try that because i am not to be held responsible. so kudos and good luck.

EDIT: one more thing. the phone i have is the razr so i dont know about any others but give it a try.

EDIT 2: lol im back. i forgot to post this link... please check it out its full of information. and rather handy. take care.
    http://www.ninetoez.net/moto/
    this place is great too.
    http://www.howardforums.com

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  18. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

excellent guide. Everything went smoothly except for the mobile phone tools part. I had a REALLY! hard time with that because my phone, the moto v360, was not being recognized by the phone tools program so it would not recognize my phone. I did some more searching on the site hoping to find something that will help me luckily i stumbled upon this http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/275780#1590574 so if anyone is having similar problems like me try this.

19. ajf1970

ajf1970 Member

You can also get free ringtones emailed to you if that works better for you. Then do what you want with it from there (including putting it on your phone). I like this site:

http://www.tonecrusher.com

20. TechN8

TechN8 Member

I have Mobile phone tools 3.0 but when I try to transfer the mp3 to my V551 it says invalid format, is there a way around this?