1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX Error Codes Explained- Go Here First!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by deezp1, Jul 14, 2005.

1. exit13

exit13 Guest

Ok, here goes. Xbox been modded for well over a year, with no problems whatsoever. Last night I wanted to play a DVD in it I started the DVD and it locked up. Rebooted the XBOX, and I lost the xecuter2 logo at the bottom of the boot screen, it said Microsoft again. And brought me to an evox dashboard, but not with all the menus I had originally. After some research way too late at night I decided to try to re-flash the chip with the New HD installer CD. Im sure this was a bad idea, as now I get the "Christmas Lights" and an error code of 05. Depending on what switches I flip on the chip, I can get into the Cromwell blue flash screen, but that is it. Please help! I have no clue where to go from here.

2. Geezy

Geezy Member

Nice explainations, Deezp1.... but my friend has an error 13 from soft-modding, not by using the Slayer Disc.

My friend tried to soft-mod his XBOX (using MechWarrior and the Linux dl), but he got stuck, and so he restarted his XBOX. He had some trouble with the Dashboard, so he tried to reformat everything, and basically erased his dashboard. It will play games, but it will not read other discs, and any attempt to access XBOX live (or troubleshoot) fails before it can even start. Any ideas?

Also, if you need some more information, I'll try to get it from him.... I was asleep at the time.

3. finp

finp Member

i did try and mod it n it wos workin but i lodaed dodgy bios n it broke so i got a programmer but wen i pulled it out sum tiny wirres came out n i thnk its unfixable
    but maby not

4. hunkre

hunkre Guest

i tried everything and i cant get the xbox to work with its dash im kinda pissed can i unlock the origanal xbox drive and reformat it with xboxhdm or something? cause it just says bad drive when i try that but yah

5. wipeout80

wipeout80 Member

Hi, I got Error code 2 and don´t know how to fix it. Has anyone an idea how to solve the Problem?

6. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Just to let all you guys (and girls) know, I haven't explored much into the softmodding fixes, I all my modding have been done with chipping, but most of the concepts are still the same and once the box has been modded, the trouble-shooting fixes are pretty much the same. I have always been an advocate for chipping because there is a greater chance to screw up your box with softmodding and most of the time the fixes are much easier to solve. anyways...

@xyron:
    um, that is a tough spot your in. As far as I know soft-modding goes, I pretty sure that the E drive is where your "hacked" information is stored. my only suggestion to you is if you can find the soft-modding data and ftp it to the E: drive, but I would consult someone with more soft modding experience. I would consult the forums here or at http://forums.xbox-scene.com for better information about your fix.

That all depends on where your main directory is. most likely if you soft-modded your box and did not upgrade your HDD, then your main directory will be the C drive. BUT, you must also map where the apps are being loaded from within evox or whatever dashboard you are using.

btw, the dvd2xbox.rar needs to extracted first before you transfer it.

@exit13:
    This could of happened for a number of reasons, possibly because you have an xecuter2 chip, you have two bios banks, and they both have different boot excutable files (i.e. default.xbe or evoxdash.xbe) and when you boot each bank you will get different dashboard settings. OR somehow your .ini file (your evox settings file) got currupted and it is you no longer have your folders mapped.
    I really dont think the flash was your original problem. Many times (and it happened to me plenty of times), if you have a solderless chip and the chip comes unalligned wierd things could happen, but that is if your chip is solderless. But I guess that doesnt matter now because you are getting an error code 5.

As you may know by reading the thread, the error code 5 happens when you try to boot the xbox and the hdd is not locked. This only happens when your xbox is trying to boot the default M$ dashboard (the green menu screen wiht the orb), you should not get this error if you are trying to boot a "hack" dashboard. That being said, if you are getting the cromwell blue screen you are not too bad off.

Im assuming you have an excuter2 (same chip as me), this is what you need to do:
    1. turn off your xbox
    2. make sure the chip set to on
    3. set it to bank 1
    4. turn to protection to disable (this fuction shouldnt matter much)
    5. insert your auto-installer disk and reflash the chip again, but make sure the flash requirements match your xbox (i.e. xbox verison, hdd size)
    6. after you do this your box should reboot on its own and it should boot up again with your autoinstaller. Now this is where you have to make a decision. most likely you will want to start over and choose to rebuild the HDD. once you do this (hopefully) your xbox should be good to go.

@geezy:
    It will read the game disk because they have an .xbe excutable file that will boot before your xbox tries to boot the dashboard, also you cant boot xbox live without the M$ dashboard, which your friend erased. What I would do is if you can get a hold of an auto-installer and reinstall your hdd content or if you can somehow ftp to your box, transfer over the dashboard files to your C: drive

@finp:
    I am not the expert on soldering (I did all of my modding with solderless chips) so you might want to check with someone else. sorry

@hunkre:
    Im telling you, you need to find the slayers disk, it is the answers to all of your needs when you are in a tough spot. it helps me ALL THE TIME when Im fixing problems for friends. it will do everything you need. look for it!

@wipeout80:
    Sorry I never have come across that problem, I would try to reflash your chip and see if you get the same problem.

7. wipeout80

wipeout80 Member

How can I reflash it?

8. finp

finp Member

with a programmer
    if your using xecuter 2-2.6 use the xecuter programmer 20 quid or sumthing

9. pedro009

pedro009 Member

just a quick question.... i get an error 13, even when theres another hdd in my box, ive reformated my drive, its has only the ms dash on it and i still get an error 13... how do i fix this?

10. pedro009

pedro009 Member

oh yeah, and it doesnt boot discs

11. mx710

mx710 Member

I softmodded my xbox recently and when i did i got everything working fine but i guess i didnt back up my C-drive all the way something went wrong, so i wanted to get my xbox back to normal so i restored my C-drive and went to load my MS dash and it wasn't there so all i had was my modded dash so i modded some stuff like halo 2 and got stuff like dvd2xbox and got halo2 on my hdd. but then in my ftp i deleted my linux installer and my little bro went top lay my mods and he left the disk drive open to where it loads up Itools. so then he turns it off and tries to load the modded dash and it is not there. My xbox will let me play games but not halo2 does anybody know what I can do?

12. alt255

alt255 Member

hi guys, sorry it took so long. I tried the suggestions and got AID, but to my dismay, not only does my "...call customer support..." screen not have an error code, but it won't boot discs...I'm screwed, huh? Oh, just in case, It's a softmodded system and the drive got unlocked (due to my own stupidity).

13. licsw

licsw Member

dashupdate what game has this on it to fix my xbox error 13 and who do I do it . I get error 13 but I can play games but no dash

14. Gokyar

Gokyar Member

I have a problem like others, i have a code 6 problem. I changed my hdd because old one broken. how can i correct it in my unmodded xbox?

15. jackdragn

jackdragn Member

Great..Ihave a few questions. I installed unleash x(softmod with mechassualt), backed up my c drive to another drive on my xbox. I got error 13, I figured out that the xboxdash.xbe file (or whatever)on my c drive wasn't there, instead there was an msdash.xbe file instead.I renamed the file file back to xboxdash,(mind you that i restored the c drive earlier and this did not fix the the error 13) and my microsoft dash started right up(thank god).While i was trying to figure out how to fix this...i started using/learning the unleash x program. I tried to ftp using a crossover cable(no router), and i couldnt get flash xp to connect to my box.In the unleashx dash i changed my IP settings(192.168.0.3 right?), and also changed the computers IP settings (192.168.0.4 right?).
    On another earlier attempt at softmodding (with evox and mech),i accidently erased all my cds.

Questions
    1. How do i keep my m$ dash and still be able to boot unleash x without inserting mechassualt?
    2. What am I doing wrong with my FTPing?
    3.WTF happened to m CDs! Did they completely erase off my HD or are they hidden and taking up valuable disc space?

Hope you can help me deezp1. thx

16. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

So i get a 9 error message i used 2 get a 7 but just cleaning the dvd drive and replugging the cables fixed it. But there is not much info for the 9 error message. Any help?

17. red1492

red1492 Member

Hi, I need help.The situation is that I have a modded xbox with a bigger hardisk. Now this HD is giving problems because it is very slow, I've tried reformatting and reinstalling slaryer evox v2.6 but is still slow. The solution that I came up with was to re install in my xbox the original hd, i thought that I would have no problem with this but now i'm getting error 16, I saw your explanation on how to solve error 16, I tried it with my bigger hd, but it does not work, is there any other way?. the details of my xbox are:

EvolutionX V43935
    Bios: evox M7ej
    kernel: 1.00.5101.01

I would appreciate your help!

Regards,
    Red

18. hunkre

hunkre Guest

i got error 16 and my friend has modded xbox and i have a new duox2 flashed/cromwell edition question is i dont think duox2 has the play unlocked hd thing so i can fix useing your strategy so yah i dont know if it does cause i got a backed up drive ready to go just not locked and it doesnt play so i dont know if maybe i installed it wrong

19. jgat

jgat Member

hello
    cud anyone help coz im getting crazy trying to fix my xbox.
    my bro recently booted a multiple dashboard and app installer on my xbox and then he accidentaly erased my evox.ini. i dont know wat other stuff he did but coz i wasnt home when it happend. After dat, my xbox pops out error 05, yes the error when ur hd is not locked. so i looked for bootdisks like aid, slayers, xbox ultimate boot disk installers. the slayers boot disk doest boot but the other 2 does but only one problem, when i try starting configmagic, it goes to a load screen and stops there, i tried a lot of times and burning another copy. but it still fails to run configmagic. so anyone has any advice on wat to do or does anybody know how to lock the hd manually using fxplorer coz its the only program dat works. or does anyone know where i can find a program like configmagic but boots it from the very start? thank u

20. alt255

alt255 Member

hey guys, fastest way ever to fix these problems: put your jacked up hdd into a box with a chip, then fix it and put it back. thats how I fixed my buddies.