1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games with real gamepad support.

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by tycobb, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

hmm well im not sure about that one honestly, but before you buy the game, i would just refer to tycobb or do some research.

2. emachine

emachine Guest

Is the 360 now supported directly by most pc games now adays?

3. rsj33733

rsj33733 Member

<gravyboy> thanks for that link. i try the profiler and it works great. they just need to rewrite the directions because it very confusing.i spent 3 days ( off and on) trying to figure it out. i just started messing with the software until i figure out how to map the buttons. but the software work good. some body needs to start a post listing games (fps) that dont reqire a million dollar notebook to play. i have a simple dell 1405 with an intergrated video card and i been having a ball playing fps. i cant play everything out there but i can play some. some games i cant play. do anybody know where theres a list or post for this info. if not then i guest ill have to start a list. gaming on the cheap. how does that sound?

4. gamer_bob

gamer_bob Member

Tomb Raider Chronicles, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness, and Tomb Raider the Last Revelation on PC all support controllers.

5. gamer_bob

gamer_bob Member

Tony Hawk 4 supports controllers/gamepads too

6. gamer_bob

gamer_bob Member

Oh and Tony Hawk 3 also supports controllers/gamepads.

According to allgame.com Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear on PC supports controllers/gamepads though i have not personally played it or its sequals. I know for sure that the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell games on PC DO NOT support controllers/gamepads.

7. jing101

jing101 Member

ok............you can also use that controller for emulators...........which is really cool

8. dougal79

dougal79 Regular member

Anyone know why pro evo soccer 6 only detects 1 controller?
    im using a ps2 control pad with a superbox 3 adapter.
    for the other one its a logitech precision controller.

i would appreciate some help here,

Thanks
    <*_*>

9. SpykeZ

SpykeZ Guest

Dreamfall: The longest Journey 2
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Switchfire
    Flatout 2
    Indigo Prophecy
    Trackmania United

10. SpykeZ

SpykeZ Guest

yes, I haven't played a game yet that the 360 pad didnt work awsome. Marvel UA's support is superb...

[​IMG]

11. arvindg18

arvindg18 Member

thank u

12. slubber

slubber Member

Two that work and two that don't

Works 100%

Snoopy vs. The Red Baron (Namco)

FIFA 2007 (EASports)

Two that do not
    NHL 2007 demo (EASports): tons of screen flickering when using the gamepad

Cars demo (Disney Interactive)

13. PotSmoker

PotSmoker Member

Alright, Ive had some problems with the control pads, I have two, one wireless and the other basic logitech usb ps2 looking paddle, well anyways everything is backwards when using the wireless, aka 1 = 2 3 =4 and vice versa, also in Scarface, when you save then die it will continually make two buttons the same ie. button one and two will be claimed as 1, the only way to fix it is re-load your game with your controller unplugged, go to the bank and save it, reload it then re-map your controller, its a real pain in the ass.

maybe its because I installed the wireless second that the keys are different, im not sure, but the scarface happens with both paddles.

*adding two games to list
    Reservoir dogs and Scarface

also, battlefront two isnt the greatest for gamepad support. Also, I'd trash all your logitech gamepads, all the newer games are gonna be compatible with the 360 usb controller

14. SpykeZ

SpykeZ Guest

I've noticed tycobb doesn't update anymore so some months ago I took it over on another forum, and the list has gotten quite bigger. so if you want to add any join up there and I'll take care of it. Credit was given to the original maker for the games he did find out too :D

http://www.nforce.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=515277#515277

I'll keep an eye on this thread as well to add any games posted.

15. IgorekK

IgorekK Guest

I would like to clear here some info about gamepad support . I have xbox360 gamepad here is the list of games that I played :

1.Psychonauts - even after it does support gamepad it doesn't work natively with xbox360 gamepad , however you can get XBCD drivers and work around this problem.

2.Indigo Prophecy(My favorite game) - doesn't work natively with xbox360 gamepad , again XBCD drivers will fix this problem and you even get rumble.

3.Prince of Percia both (Warrior Within and Two Trones) last supports rumble and they both work perfectly with xbox360 gamepad.

4. Rainbow Six Las Vegas - works perfectly with the same gamepad however no rumble.I like play this game with gamepad then keyboard and mouse , i think because they port it from xbox360 .

5. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - works almoust natively however to get both trigers working you need Pinnacle Game Profiler . They have one perfect profile for this game .

6. Splinter Cell Double Agent - works natively and you get rumble.

7. Need for Speed Most Wanted - it does work but not natively and you know after so many attempts i found easy way to play this game by buying this game for xbox360.

8. Rayman Raving Rabbids - newest game works with xbox360 gamepad natively however ,no rumble funny game though.

9. Halo - yes it does working , no rumble.

10. GTA San Andreas - I found impossible to play witn xbox360 gamepad , however it did work with NIKO Airflow.

11. The Matrix Path of Neo - I have no idea what developers were thinking just don't buy this game , no gamepad support and game by itself ...... well better i watch dvd.

12. Dreamfall Longest Journey - yes it does working .

13. Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon - works only if you have Pinnacle.

14. Microsoft Flight Simulator X - it works natively but what's wrong with rumble it does work only when you crash.

15. Oblivion - well it doesn't work with at least xbox360 gamepad yea i know it does support but try to play for me it didn't work even with Pinnacle . I know some guys did configure this , i didn't . If you wanna play it with gamepad just buy xbox360 version .

I could miss something though.

16. IgorekK

IgorekK Guest

There is some addition:

Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance - no it does not work , at least with xbox360 gamepad.

Devil May Cry 3 (Special Edition) - gimme a break , well at least it doesn't work with xbox360 gamepad , and where is exit button , worst game ever !!!!!!!

17. SpykeZ

SpykeZ Guest

I'll be sure to update my thread over at nforce. Thanks guys

18. SpykeZ

SpykeZ Guest

added more games to the list. be sure to check em out :D

19. georgeriv

georgeriv Member

I have a quick question. I owe Onimusha 3 and I have a gamepad that works with it. But I can't seem to configure the buttons. The booklet says to hit F2 but everything I try that, nothing happens. Any ideas?

20. SpykeZ

SpykeZ Guest

http://www.xpadder.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.