1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pda789

pda789 Guest

Hello everyone, well iv had a word with my mate about the loss of front row movies (ppv) and it seems that NTL have moved to video on demand which is a different system so it looks like we cant get them anymore. thats what iv been told anyway, dont take it as gospel but it does seem plausible.

2. dinonet

dinonet Member

Guys just received my Dbox2 today, with Neutrino OS. Turned it on and had no picture at all, however once i updated the services.xml & Bouquets.xml then did a restart had everything!!!!. Next i shut the box down while i had lunch and on restart now get correct time, channel info and that but now no picture. I have the dummies guide to Dbox but cant find anything in there!!!. I've done a service scan and after 30 minutes now have a bigger list of channels but still no image, Any ideas?

3. wymmiy

wymmiy Member

all the threads seem to talk about cable tv. Does any one know about the dbox for Satellite?

4. oneplum

oneplum Guest

can any one help me i have a nokia d bok how do i use it

5. pacolee

pacolee Member

can someone send me the newbies guide to dbox 2 please? and where can i get the new service image for telewest? thank you~~~

6. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

as far as i know there is no, dbox for satelite tv. and if you guys want the guide pm me, im getting tired of saying it

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

@bluemoon: I just wanted to say I think you are doing a great job in this thread. You have really turned it around since the start of the thread. Nice to see Ad's own little Dbox 2 expert ;)

Keep it up!

Just a word to posters here - do take the time to read what bluemoon has previoulsy written so he doesnt find himself repeating info.

Thx,

8. shaz4real

shaz4real Member

tottally agree with you ripper

9. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

sorry mate. been busy. i would suggest in that case that you download it via the website i posted earlier. if you cann't find cammando 4, find sportster 1.73 in the download section. its the only place that do them properly that i know of.

10. cyclops06

cyclops06 Guest

hi mates,

yesterday ive checked my second supply of dboxes from germany and they worked again very fine. Dont loose this supplier its a first class supplier you wont find again. his hotmail id is i'manidiot.com edited by ddp
    i very recommend his very good bulk prices !

regards

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2006
  11. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

i've just found out that they have invented the dbox for satelite connections. will post you with details when i get them

12. boobooman

boobooman Regular member

ive got the image for

sportest 1.75 uk (the best i think been usingg since the day it came out ) if anybody needs it

also got the dummy guide

your best bet is to use a ftp like flashftp (or what ever its called)

to set up your dbox2 you are going to need some network experiance

as for sat dboxs as far as i know you cant pick up a signal but just share you sat into anther box its kinda pointless

also remember when flashing there 2 types f images 1x and 2x you must use the right one

and yes front has gone from ntl now so you can scan your box all you like but you wont find it

pm if you need any help!!!

13. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

l have the complete guide to dbox 2 which is very easy to understand not the dummy guide . which i have been giving out to them since the start of this post, and its in easier to understand language than what you are probably giving out. ive already givin them the dirret link to sportster home page, and your image is the one im advising them to get. and it doesnt matter whether you got 1x or 2x image. sorry i get annoyed when im helping people out and someone buts in. :/ sorry if i seemed offensive

14. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

guys i just found the website which sells the satellite dbox 2. at last. they are a bit more expensive then the cable ones, but if its satellite you need, its gonna have to be what you get.

bluemoon

15. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

16. shaz4real

shaz4real Member

hi bluemoon

so does this mean that you can watch all the channels on sky digital as we do currently on cable with this box?

also is this complete guide the same as the one you sent me previously?

shaz

17. boobooman

boobooman Regular member

i never meant the dummy guide the guide i have is probely y the same guide you are sending your self and as for the image sorry to say yes it dose matter what image they use as simple you cant flash a 2x box with a 1x image why becase you get a lade error when booting but hey you want to solve that go ahead me my guest
    if you are so helpful why not upload the files into thread? makes it alot easier than the pm

and as for buting in sorry if you to cause offence but i didnt get the sen member by being quite plus you are on afterdawn mate get use to it mate it will happen alot more lol

ok enjoy your thread booboo

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  18. mac7777

mac7777 Member

Good afternoon all

I do apologise if this thread is not relevent to previous ones above but hey its my first cry for help on here.

Have a problem locking adult channels,I have been going to settings on my Nokia dbox2, parental lock, only get option to lock on bouquet etc... then no joy.

I have also tried to edit my bouquet via service menu and the only way I can exit is main power off then I lose edited channels.I have been creating a favourite list but wondering if there is a easier option.

Thanks for reading , sorry to disturb your eyes.

19. boobooman

boobooman Regular member

the only way ive ever been able to get the lock working is to have the box networked as you would if you were going to flash

in your ie type in the ip address ie 192.168.123.100 (checking in setting dbox for your ip)

you will get a very good web interface you can edit,lock and do alot more from there but i think it depends on what image you are using

20. carlccfc

carlccfc Member

bluemoon

i seen earlier in your thread you mentioned MODSHACK have you any idea what the picture is about ( the bones ) ?

cheers

carlccfc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.