1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy Guide to Playing SNES on the gamecube

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by brucedlx, Jul 31, 2006.

1. koppit

koppit Member

mine wasn't, it read it just fine, it just won't load any other games :p

2. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

doesn't have to be full 1.3 gb or w/e it is.

koppit all I can say is to watch the videos, I can't make it any more straightforward than that unless I am there beside you lol.

3. koppit

koppit Member

I did, it doesn't do what you do in the videos :)

4. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

well what does it do differently and where/when?

5. benjamin2

benjamin2 Guest

This may be a dumb question but I am extremely new to this. But I was just wondering if the GcoS 1.5 will work on Qoob PRO chip?

6. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

I don't see why it shouldn't.

7. cubelover

cubelover Member

Little question...I have downloaded the snesgx.zip file. Inside are two .dol files. I take it, if im using the Viper GC Extreme chip that I use the snesgx-viper.dol instead of the snesgx.dol? Does the viper.dol have the rom already injected?

8. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

if you are using the viper bios: yes, you should use the viper .dol file

and yes, it is already injected with a rom.

9. whatiny

whatiny Member

can it burn on Alcohol 120% and i tried do burn it it always failed is possiable to play without a mod chip

10. sp0rk

sp0rk Member

Hey guys, I'm hoping to get a ViperGC Extreeme for my birthday. I'm still soaking all this GC mod info in, as it is all new to me. Looks great though, and I just had one question. Is there any .dol emulation for GameBoy, GBA, or N64 as there is for NES and SNES? Thanks! AfterDawn has always been helpful in my queries and I finally decided to sign up. :D

11. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

there is for GBA (http://gcemu.dcemu.co.uk/gbaemuplus.shtml) and GameBoy (http://gcemu.dcemu.co.uk/gamecubegbc.shtml).

For n64, it is possible to hack the zelda OOT collectors edition and replace the zelda w/ a rom of your choice, although only some roms run at full speed and saving takes a long time if it is to work at all. Super Mario 64 works for sure, I think Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye too, and some other ones but your on your own for the rest.

12. sp0rk

sp0rk Member

Thanks :eek:) The download link for the GB .dol didn't work, but I did some Googleing. I got the NTSC version rather than the PAL. I'm not sure which I'll need. I was having a hard time finding alot of info on the GBA and GB emulators. Do they work in a similar way to NES and SNES, as far as putting multiple games on one disc? I have read the N64 only allows for one game on a disc. Anyone used the GB or GBA? Does it function well or still have alot of quirks? Thanks again!

13. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

the n64 is one game/disc but there is something called viper multi-boot tool that let's you put more than 1game/disc if it will fit (up to ~1.3gb). I think their is a hacked gameboy advanced one is 1/disc as well I'm not sure never used it myself. I suggest reading the associated readme.txt files it will have everything your looking for.

14. sp0rk

sp0rk Member

Well here I am back again... my birthday finally came and I am up and running (mostly). I have a ViperGC Extreme and successfully make copies of my own games. I have done the NES and SNES emulators. Now the question.. (maybe I'm just getting dizzy from all this reading?)

As far as other emulators, are there any tutorials someone could link me to? Specifically I'd like to do a Genesis, GameBoy, and GBA emu. It appears to be that N64 is one game per disc. Is it the same for the other three? I'd like to know if it's possible to put a Genesis/GB/GBA emu in the root directory and a ROMS folder (like NES and SNES). I've downloaded the suggested programs and checked out the readme, but there's talk of switches, etc that I'm just not familiar with.

Any simple tutorials would be just wonderful. :eek:)

15. sabres

sabres Member

You should try going to www.tehskeen.com

That place is where the majority of emu development for the Gamecube/Wii systems occurs.

16. Pokemon10

Pokemon10 Member

Would this work with gamecube roms and movies.

17. brandon79

brandon79 Guest

Has anybody been able to copy SRAM from the PC version of SNES9x to a GC memory card? I was playing through Super MEtroid on my GC and accidently overwrote my SRAM... I was going to download a PC save that was close to were I was. I know you can tranfer with CTS-GCS but not sure how to convert the save file. ???

18. shadowwzz

shadowwzz Member

Im kinda new to this and am a noob with this stuff. when i try to burn snesgx-viper.dol to the mini dvd using nero it wont let me...and how would you also burn the folder full of roms on the mini dvd-r too? thanks and sorry for the nooby question

19. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

hey man all you have to do is make an ISO. IE if you were going to burn some folders onto a DVD, this is the same thing, just name the folders as I've said and put the files I've said into those folders and burn. Can't make it any simpler than that.

20. shadowwzz

shadowwzz Member

Oh it works now Thanks!