1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlock Sony Ericsson W300i

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by aaabbb, Nov 6, 2006.

1. tjmo

tjmo Guest

I am looking for the NCK code for Cellular One to unlock my W300i. Does anybody have the code?

2. Babaleo

Babaleo Member

Hello all. I recently purchased the Sony Ericsson W300i in the Dominican Republic on my vacation there this summer. It was activated under the Orange service provider. Now that I am back in the USA, I would like to use that phone with my T-Mobile sim card. I am able to get to the menu where you need the NCK, but since one person has said using this method "can be locked to a service provider FOREVER by doing this," I dared not touch any options there as I would like to use the phone with Orange when I go back.

Is it possible to unlock the phone so one can only switch the sim card, and the phone would work perfectly?

I have the USB cable that came with the phone, so is it possible to do it through a software on the computer? If so does anyone have that software, or where can I download it? Thanks.

3. nomatix

nomatix Member

well i have cellular one (dobson) and they dont put any unlock codes on their phones. they said you can put ANY sim card in there and it will work... So if you really want to look for cell one phones online or look for the cellone sim cards. you can also take your phone and switch to cell one and they will unlock it so that they can put their sim card to work. i hope this info is helpful. i pulled the "im going to europe" trick on them hehehe!

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

No email addresses...forum rules are in my sig.

5. Giverny2

Giverny2 Member

I cant get it to work, when i type in the code none of it comes up on the screen untill i get to ...*12... and then it doesn't let me press okay it just stays on that screen, can you help me with it please!
    Giverny

6. BiGKiLLa

BiGKiLLa Guest

Hiya Everyone. This is a GREAT Thread...very informational. Just thought i would let yall know that first off. ok here we go. As u prolly guessed, i have a Sony Ericsson W300i and i would love for it to be unlocked so i could use it with any carrier just incase i decide to leave ATT. So here's the info on it because i do believe i need the NCK Code to unlock it from Network 5 (ATT).

IMEI: 35233501-152645-0-04 Currently Locked to ATT Network - USA

If anyone can help me out...please feel free to shoot me a Instant Msg/Private Msg so we can work it out. Thanks so much everyone.

7. eMboLisM

eMboLisM Member

Stop messing about and just reached into your pocket for £10, take it to a shop and get it unlocked.

In the UK you need the right software and cable to unlock it.

Save ya time and get it unlocked in a shop! Believe me you'll spend hours trying to find a solution, and get no where. I'm not being negative, just realistic.

And only noobs post their phone's personal info on general forums.

May the force be with you:)

8. vascao

vascao Member

HI!!!!!!
    PLEASE SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME???????
    I NEED THE CODE TO UNLOCK W300i
    IMEI:35647801-482948-3-10
    EMAIL:mjl_ice@hotmail.com

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

9. kelly3330

kelly3330 Guest

Please help me unlock my phone sony ericson w300i

10. galkax

galkax Member

11. marine101

marine101 Member

I agree.I have wasted ALOT of time on this and it simply cannot be done.Having it unlocked at your nearest shop for 10 is the only way.It will also save you from a mental breakdown

12. justgone

justgone Guest

W300i
    Unlocking may be difficult, but not impossible to do yourself, as many here seem to believe!
    I stumbled on it after many hours work after "killing" my wifes w300i, leaving it with the "configuration error" screen!
    The software is all FREE if you "google" for it.
    Software needed:
    setool2lite
    SIMLockPatchGen
    I also used "Far Manager" to de-brand, but i dont think it's necessary
    (see here:
    http://restlessobsessive.blogspot.com/2007/02/debranding-w300i-walkthrough.html ) GIVE THIS A GOOD READ FIRST!!!!
    Basically you'll need to find out what FIRMWARE you have in your phone,"google" for it, then use the patch program above to vreate a simlock removal patch, then put both the "main" firmware(this in the "main" box) and the patch file you created in the "misc" box and "flash" !! That's it, worked a treat for me folks, nothing else did!!

Good luck
    Jg

13. rhab2004

rhab2004 Member

I have just used the information posted by justgone and it worked a treat. Takes a bit of wading through the information and getting it right, but it is well worth the wait. Phone is now unlocked and I removed the branding, working fine without any problems. So thank you justgone for taking the time and trouble posting this information for us, certainly saved me lots of wasted hours on research and frustration.

14. jmmm13

jmmm13 Member

Hello everyone
    I'm french and I found this forum through a friend who lives in tunisia and is well cushioned computer but even with my EMEI code sent to me does not work.
    So I submit to someone among you who can help me greatly.
    To do this I will leave my EMEI which is different from what I see on this forum is siquelqu'un then I would be really happy to be able to unblock my laptop as W300i: EMEI :35384001-240379-8-03

15. djhack

djhack Member

Please give me code for unlocking Sony Ericsson W300i

My carrier is Cingular - USA
    IMEI # 35233501-777487-2-04

PLs tell me how to unlock it

16. krasivz02

krasivz02 Member

Good afternoon all users of this website...
    I need to unlock my Sony Ericsoon w 300i
    IMEI # is 35424401-211253-4-03
    Carier is Rogers

Thank you in advance, may Lord bless you!

17. krasivz02

krasivz02 Member

18. krasivz02

krasivz02 Member

In dire need to unlock my Sony Ericsson w 300i
    IMEI # is 35424401-211253-4-03
    Carrier is Fido FIRST TIME I POSTED ROGERS BUT IT IS FIDO, NOT ROGERS

19. jasdeepg

jasdeepg Guest

Hi could someone please give me an unlock code for:

Phone: Sony Ericcsion w300i
    Imei: 35384001-296755-2-03