1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic 80's cartoons

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by SabreLord, Sep 29, 2003.

1. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

You wanna try SLEEPING once in a while, bro, hehehe.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

lol

Insomnia doesnt allow me to sleep : )
    [​IMG]
    Just got [bold]The Simpsons Season 3[/bold] (4 DVD Set) - YAY !!!
    I do wish they'd hurry up and release more Seasons , only 12 Seasons behind on up to date shows (d'oh)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2003
  3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Wow lots of personalities there. I thought you went crazy at about 3am Herbsman. Or just in the penalty box for tripping. Although there are lots of good stuff there. I would agree that Anime is a class of its own. And would also say that most anime was not made during the 80s. Most of the best stuff was 90s and Now. The 80s best was Vampire Hunter D, just look at the animation you know what is 80s and what is 90s. But the best all time 80s was the barbara popas (SP?)

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm sitting here listening to "Funky Town" by Lipps Inc. and staring at Homer doing the boogie in Herbsmans last post. The world is now right.

5. herbsman

" Wont you take me to - FuNkY tOwN...."
    [bold]lol[/bold]

That tune reminds me of 'Malcolm In The Middle' episode where Malocolm's Dad teaches him to skate (by the means of..dance) hehehe

HAVE A GOOD NEW YEAR ALL !!

6. chico420

chico420 Guest

to e-mail me u can find me at [bold]deletedbymod[/bold]@yahoo.com to answer my question or to ask me one!!!make sure u tell me how u are though!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2004
  7. pimpong

pimpong Guest

hi guys

I'm was a old gummy bear cartoon fan .I want to find
    this movies for my baby brother .couldn't found in local
    vedio/cd stores.anyone have these copys or could someone
    tell me where I can find them

8. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

Hey guys i wish i could contribute more to this thread than I LIKE THE SIMPSONS as i am of a young age and ive relised there isnt one post from Dela dont worry mate your not alone :)

9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

G-4CE....maybe you can, I think you should know the following, can you name each character (I loved this one...I think it was on, on a Sunday morning here in the UK)....

[​IMG]

10. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

sorry i can only just about remember the cartoon i would be very lucky to think of anything as i was born in 86 actually now i think about i youst to watch teenage mutant ninja turtles every morning before school when i was about five so that might of just caught the decade and there was another one but i cant remeber the name it had a boy who wore white who had special powers and a sword and he went around with a unicorn and maybe another boy who could hide himself in his cloak but its all so vague sorry

11. herbsman

I think you may be talking of 'DUNGEONS & DRAGONS' ; )

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [bold]Theme Tune:[/bold] http://www.80snostalgia.com/classictv/dandd/sounds/theme.wav

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  12. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

aaaah thanks man thats been bugging me all night.Im not sure if that was the eighties though,all my memories are probaly early 90's im just to young

13. baabaa

baabaa Active member

LMAO...and the herbsman strikes back with the addictive prowess that has earned him such high recognition here at Afterdawn...LOL....

The Get along Gang stars....

Montgomery Moose, Dottie the dog, Woolma Lamb [bold](oooh baby, fleece me Baaaaaaaaaa!!)[/bold], Zipper the supercool cat, Bingo Beaver, and, Porsha Porcupine.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG] [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2004
  14. Dr.Byte

Dr.Byte Guest

Hey there boys and girls - i'm sorry to butt in on your discussion but i've got a question that needs answering before it send me nuts!! Can anyone remember that brilliant series with a group of characters that could take on certain animal powers and even transform into other animals; eg, one of them could use the power of the cheetah to run fast, and another could gain the strength of a bear and they all walked around with holograms on their chests of the animal they could transform into? Obviously, if the answer is 'Holograms'....well, i'm an idiot - but it's bugging me all the same, so if you know you would be putting me out of my misery!!

15. chico420

chico420 Guest

Dr.Byte to answer ur question they were called Visionaries. They All had Holograms on them.

16. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Visionaries was based in the old mythical worlds of Dungeons and Dragons but with advanced technolgy.

Incidently the show was considered a flop as they only produced 13 episodes which were:

1. 1-1 001 27-Sep-1987 The Age of Magic Begins

2. 1-2 002 04-Oct-1987 The Dark Hand of Treachery

3. 1-3 003 11-Oct-1987 Quest for the Dragon's Eye

4. 1-4 005 18-Oct-1987 Feryl Steps Out

5. 1-5 006 25-Oct-1987 Lion Hunt

6. 1-6 007 01-Nov-1987 The Overthrow of Merkyln

7. 1-7 008 08-Nov-1987 The Power of the Wise

8. 1-8 004 15-Nov-1987 The Price of Freedom

9. 1-9 009 22-Nov-1987 Horn of Unicorn, Claw of Dragon

10. 1-10 010 29-Nov-1987 The Trail of the Three Wizards

11. 1-11 012 06-Dec-1987 Honor Among Thieves

12. 1-12 013 06-Dec-1987 Dawn of the Sun Imps

13. 1-13 011 13-Dec-1987 Sorcery Squared

Still as a cartoon I loved it. Stories were great and the animation was outstanding.

17. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I was going to mention "Hong Kong Phooey" but herbsman beat me to the punch! That was a most excellent cartoon.

18. herbsman

The [bold]best[/bold] mate ; )

[​IMG]
    Sit back, relax and clear your mind of everything. I want to paint a mental picture for you. First, imagine your favourite superhero (anyone apart from Hong Kong Phooey obviously). Now imagine that superhero if he had the ability to do Kung Fu. Now imagine that superhero if he didn't have the ability to do Kung Fu, but thought he did. Now imagine your superhero fighting crime and bringing criminals to justice. Now imagine that superhero if he had no ability to do anything whatsoever, and the fact that the criminals ever got caught was a complete and utter accident.
    Let me tell you now, that the picture in your mind is now that of Hong Kong Phooey himself. The most useless superhero in the world, but for some strange reason, always manages to catches his man (or woman, we've got to be politically correct now haven't we).
    So, who is this superhero? Sarge? (who has got it in for poor old Penre, the janitor). Nope! Is it Rosemary, the telephone operator? (who has a great ability to completely confuse anyone who happens to be listening in on one of her telephone conversations). Nope!. Is it Penre, the mild mannered janitor? (who to be honest is completely and utterly useless and clumsy, just like Hong Kong Phooey himself, hmmm, don't they seem similar in abilities to you) Could Be!!!
    By day, Penre the mild mannered janitor is, well, a mild mannered janitor, just getting in everyones way, and generally causing as much trouble for sarge as possible (not deliberatly). But by, err, day, (because at night he's probably asleep), he's also Hong Kong Phooey!!
    While Clark Kent changes into Superman by hiding in a phone box or something, Penre changes into the ultimate waste of space known as Hong Kong Phoowey by diving into a filing cabinet. The only problem with that is that he usually needs a little help getting out of it again.
    Hong Kong Phooey fights crime in the only way he can, badly. The fact that the criminals are caught is basically down to one of two things. One, it is by complete accident, or two, he has some help from his faithful police cat, Spot (which is a good name for him really.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    I give you all these seed bearing plants & 'erbs to use...[/small]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2004
  19. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

The Superfriends, essentially the Justice League plus a pair of twins and some space monkey/thing called Gleek. The show started in the late 70s and ran into the mid 80s,it changed it's name and content many times over the course of it's run.

some pics from the show [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. herbsman

Didn't Wonder Woman have an invisible plane ?