1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Flick - A Basic Guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by LOCOENG, Aug 23, 2007.

1. varnull

varnull Guest

That's what I would call a pretty serious bug :lol:
    As somebody who only ever installs these programs on other peoples hardware I don't need dependency hassles so for the time being I'm installing this free burner with flick. It may solve the problem for now. http://www.deepburner.com/?r=products&pr=deepburner&prr=portable_edition
    [and it's portable, so you can take it with you]

I never trust the "one click" method.. way too many coasters and failures IMHO ;)

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

I couldn't agree more...I always check the output for proper playback to make sure it's what the doctor had ordered... :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  3. corn

corn Guest

Woah, thanks for this. I hate using ConvertXtoDVD, now I can use DVD Flick :).

4. blablalba

blablalba Member

Thanks Vurnell i will try your deepburner program and LOCOENG i will also try disabling the check for updates. Thanks guys ill get back to you.

5. blablalba

blablalba Member

anyone have a relatively small .avi file i can use to test faster

6. blablalba

blablalba Member

I uninstalled ImgBurn and installed DeepBurner but when it finished encoding it opened ImgBurn itself from the DVDFLICK/IMGBURN folder and burned IN 1 CLICK!!!!!!!! YEAA, so the solution is, dont install ImgBurn.

7. corn

corn Guest

EDIT, sorry for this :(.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2008
  8. blablalba

blablalba Member

No lol, i know its an amazing piece of equipment and i use it with my DVD Flick, but DVD flick wouldnt open it and use it burn untill i uninstalled it, then it opened it by itself from its DVDFLICK/IMGBURN folder in program files and burned for me.

9. corn

corn Guest

Ohh my bad :/

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You don't really need to install Imgburn as it's included with DVD Flick.

11. donewell

donewell Regular member

I installed image burn and dvd flick, then found out it was already inside flick> But that turned out good for me as flick had the old version, so i copied imgburn exe over top of the old in flick, plus now when i first insert a disk to one of my burners , the menue asks me if i wa1nt to use imgburn for anything. So i can use imgburn on other things without flick. I have it in 2 places Love it!!!

12. mpenney

mpenney Regular member

I download a rar file and when it was extracted it turned out to be a divx file and not a avi.

The question i have is how can i convert that over to an iso image OR can it somehow be burnt straight to the dvd and play????

I was redirected here on my last post of this question so is DVD Flick the answer?

13. donewell

donewell Regular member

Yes dvdflick will do it, and i beleive an avi and divx are the same , but i could be wrong. anyway flick will do it.

14. flatpick1

flatpick1 Member

Hey and Good day.. I am new to the forum, thanks for your time and effort. appreciated much.. I didnt want to start a new thread because it appeared everyone was asking here. Straiten me out if i need it.. lol

Question(s) about DvdFlick.

I am attempting to blend the SRT subtitles with the AVI. Using Gspot to see if it was pal or ntsc it did not tell me by specific name either or. So I looked at a frame rate of 25fps. From what I read that sounds like Pal, but other reading suggests it is NTSC. In either case I selected NTSC format for USA. The AVI is 700mb in size. So I chose all settings to produce that same size, I believe I used CD700 because the last time I chose custom size and chose 700mb I came up with the same error when I clicked on Create DVD.. It came up and said the Disc I was trying to burn did not have enough space on it. Well firstly, I was not burning to a disc, I was saving it to a hard drive folder as noted at the bottom of the screen. I looked and looked for options, and thought that maybe there is another button or way to start the encoding process to blend the Subtitles, but to no avail. So I went ahead and chose create dvd even though the space issue was unresolved. It is now working and I assume has a hour or two to go. Could you please straiten me out on what I did wrong or how to understand this program. Thank you very very much.. Stringpickin

15. tripplite

tripplite Guest

still linking people here.....

16. togoroad

togoroad Guest

Hi LOCOENG,

Thanks for the excellent guide. Just a query, how long should the program be running to convert AVI files. I had it running for 7 hrs yet still it was encoding. Any quicker way.

Cheers

Togo

17. CamHera

CamHera Guest

Thanks for this. I was looking for a free AVI2DVD converter, and I got one- with a nice guide.

18. rider555

rider555 Member

I used DVD Flick for the first time tonight.
    One thing I do not understand is I checked the tab to create a total of 6 chapters and than...?Shouldn't it have showed me a time line so that I could determine where I wanted to put the chapter breaks?
    How do I do this?Is there a way?

19. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

When you choose a certain amount of chapters for DVD Flick to produce it will divide the timeline equally for that amount of chapters.

20. rider555

rider555 Member

I have a Deep Purple concert where they perform a total of 6 songs.I would like to to have 1 chapter for each song,so a total of 6 chapters.
    Is this possible with DVDFlick?