1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to put a background on a 5th Generation iPod video.

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by ps2racer, Oct 1, 2007.

1. kham71

kham71 Member

I am new to this entire stuff. How do i drag a picture to be on top of your custom one. In other words, where am i dragging my picture from and how would i open it up?

2. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

After you resize the picture save it to Desktop. With iPodWizard open and ready to add your custom picture, move iPodWizard over so that you can see the picture you just saved then click the picture and drag it onto iPodWizard right on top of my custom picture and that should do it. Minimize iPodWizard and then bring it back up and that show your picture it there. I know it is confusing the way I type it but if you have any more trouble let me know and I will post step by step with pictures.

3. kham71

kham71 Member

I tihnk i have the idea, could you throw up a picture step by step if it isnt too much work for you? Thanks for the help!!!

4. kham71

kham71 Member

Wait, dont worry, I managed to figure it out, thanks!

5. kham71

kham71 Member

ok i have moved onto another problem. I click to write to Ipod and this pops up, "Error writing firmware: -1, 22, 13836800"
    Any idea what this means?

6. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

Others have run across this same problem. You have a 5.5 Generation iPod, not a 5th Generation. Read all the post above you will see what I'm talking about.

7. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

Guide Updated.

I just improved the guide a little. I didn't make any changes to the files. I just tried to make it easier to understand. If anyone has suggestions on how I can improve the guide even better, let me know and I will try to add them.

8. zfish0102

zfish0102 Member

yoo ps2racer..i followed all the steps, even triple checked everything i did, and when i try to write it onto my iPod it tells me that some other program is using the iPod and i need to close it. However, i have closed all the programs. This has happened numerous times on different occasions...any suggestions??

9. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

You need to have all windows closed. The only thing that should be open is iPodWizard. Is iTunes set up to open when you connect your iPod? If so, you need to connect your iPod, close iTunes, then open iPodWizard. If you are still having the problem the only other thing I know for you to try is press ctrl, alt, and delete, and see if any other programs are running.

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  10. Chase1204

Chase1204 Member

That link to download the seven files doesn't work anymore. :(

11. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

You do not need the seven files. They were used to fix a problem with the first firmware I put out. All problems are fixed. The only files you need are all in the All In One download on the very first post of this forum.

12. amd1

amd1 Member

Hi,i cannot see my ipod under 'iPodWizard Essential' box.I followed all the given steps but still i cannot see my ipod in the ipod wizard 1.3.My ipod connects fine with my computer.
    I have an iPod 30GB black and it plays videos.
    Please i want to put a background on my ipod.HELP....

13. eullyce08

eullyce08 Member

Hi..I'm a new member of this site..i need some help for doing this in my ipod..i had a 5th generation ipod i'm sure with that..becuase when i was doing this process..i mean putting the background changing the font i check my ipod generation and it was showing it's a 5th generation but after all the process and i click WRITE TO IPOD i was having that error 1,22,13836800.. someone please help me :((

14. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

How did you check the generation because I am sure that error 1,22,13836800 means you do not have a 5th generation. Both the 5th generation and 5.5 generation look the same. There are only small differences in the firmware.

15. eullyce08

eullyce08 Member

on the ipod wizard window beside the minimize icon i press that ( - ) then one window will pop up named ipodwizardhelp my ipod was connected during that time so i press the "WHAT IS MY IPOD GENERATION" then one window will pop up saying that i have a 5th generation ipod :( :(... i remember before i tried this process with the help of my friend not from this site he send me the ipodwizard through file sharing without the BHCF firmware..when i was doing that process before my pc hang up so i press the cancel icon then i encounter that error.

16. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

what firmware version is this based on-newer firmwares don't pick up my games (there not from iTunes)

17. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

Sorry it took so long to type back. I do not know, it's been to long ago. There's different things pulled from different firmwares. There is even some parts pulled from the new classic iPod firmware.

As for you eullyce08. If you are getting this "Error writing firmware! Code: -1, 22, 13836800" you have the wrong firmware on your iPod. There is nothing I can do.

18. bans0512

bans0512 Member

when you said to open the file after opening firmware
    actually i do not have that file and dont know why.
    i have downloaded the ipod wizard program right from your given link.

19. De4dcell

De4dcell Member

I've been trying to get some games on my Ipod without success.

It's an 80gig classic 5th generation.

I backed up everything, and restored the Ipod so I could start at square one. Everything works except I get the same error message that everyone else has been getting when trying to write the firmware to my Ipod:
    "Error writing firmware! Code: -1, 22, 13836800"

I tried both 5 and 5.5 firmwares, but no luck. I just downloaded the latest version of iPodWizard, so I'm assuming there's no problem with that. Has anyone have any thoughts on why the firmware isn't writing properly?

20. bans0512

bans0512 Member

i have an answer for you.
    it is not writing properly because the program they gave you was wroong .
    answer this question is your ipod 5.5 generation or 5 generation.
    in my next message i will give you a link where you could download the program and then get games on your ipod.
    trust me it will help