1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, I need to unlock my Samsung SGH-A437

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by eliku, Nov 2, 2007.

1. dcreekz

dcreekz Member

Just bought 2 Samsung SGH-a437 phones, one red and one black from AT&T Wireless and your code worked for both of them! Thank you Porto 35!

2. x378

x378 Member

Code works for my refurb att Samsung-a437. THANKS>>>... I'm using it with my Tmobile sim card.

3. pach83

pach83 Member

This code worked great for me.

I thought I should mention though, that if you insert the sim card wrong, at the very end you of the procedure you'll get a "wrong password" message. So if that happens to you, check the sim card. When you insert if correctly it should say, "Wrong Card" or something like that.

I did it the wrong way several times before I figured it out.

Thanks
    Sheila

4. TheCon

TheCon Member

Hey I got a 436 from suncom. Its got no browsers and wont send pics how do it fix it? Need help cell phone r new 2 me.

5. porto35

porto35 Member

What service provider are you using now ? Call your customer service from your current service and ask them for helping you setup the wap to use the browser and MMS. I know how to do it with AT&T and Tmobile but having no idea about the other service.

6. pendetim

pendetim Member

Thanks for the unlock. I *think* it worked on my ATT Go Phone A437. The *#7465625# entry reports all the functions to be unlocked.

However when I press MENU -> SETTINGS-> SET PHONE -> NETWORK SELECT the Network Select is greyed out. Is this being controlled by the SIM card or is the phone not really unlocked?

The select network is greyed out on my ATT and IDT sim card.

Thanks, Tim

7. pendetim

pendetim Member

Problem with network select greyed out seems to have fixed itself. I called IDT ( the SIM card supplier) in the UK today and activated my card over the phone. A few minutes later I got a text msg telling me to reboot the phone. I did and now I have the automatic and manual radio buttons available in this menu. This is with the IDT card inserted.

I am in the USA with a UK SIM card and UK phone number.

NOw a follow oin question: Should I leave the network in "automatic" or hand select one? I wil be using the phone in the UK in a couple of weeks. IDT uses Orange in the UK.

Thanks again to the poster for the unlock codes!!!

Tim

8. porto35

porto35 Member

either way. If the automatic select network is not the network you want, you can always change into your desirable network

9. thatstom

thatstom Member

Thanks Porto
    the unlock codes worked great
    my phone did not break, catch fire
    or blow up a gas station.
    how do I redirect the apps to t-mobile instead
    of att
    thanks again
    Tom

10. Rsmiley

Rsmiley Member

It worked for me thanks!!

Just you need to put a dif sim card in after the first code

11. thatstom

thatstom Member

this is the answer to who's question?

12. buddy1900

buddy1900 Member

I am in the same situation. Is there a way to fix this(ATT SERVICE)? Thanks.

13. pendetim

pendetim Member

Hi,
    When I put in the IDT SIM card that problem went away, when I put the ATT card back in it was locked again. It looks like the SIM card/provider controls the ability to manually select networks.

Tim

14. buddy1900

buddy1900 Member

Does any one know a way around it if you have to use the ATT SIM card?

15. pendetim

pendetim Member

If ATT is the provider, you will only be able to connect with a roaming partner on ATT. This roaming partner is setup in the SIM card. Even if you able able to unlock the network provider, the call will fail. If the call does work by some strange luck, then ypu will be charged roaming rates, which are very high.

Tim

16. jwadsley

jwadsley Member

How come when I put in my old ATT *blue* sim card i can choose network selection but not when I put in the new ATT card? IS there any way to get around this? Will it ever be available even when I am out of contract? What will unlocking my phone do if it does not resolve the network selection issue?

17. AyoMotion

AyoMotion Member

Worked perfect.

Thanks!

18. baedaebok

baedaebok Member

I can't input the codes into my mobile phone with the SIM card that is locked. The screen says "SIM lock" only with a flashing cursor underneath where I should enter the SIM lock code. When I remove the SIM card and replace the battery, I can enter codes. But nothing has happened. What are the SIM unlock codes for the mobile phone when the SIM card is removed from the mobile? I have a Samsung X600. Does that have the same unlock codes?

19. shortdogs

shortdogs Member

Hi - I'm new to the forum and want to unlock my SGH-A437 phone from ATT - I live in Mexico and want to use the same phone and just switch sims when I am traveling to the US. My concern is that if I use this code to unlock my phone, I can't use the ATT sim that it is currently activated to. That's not a big problem - no money on it - just want to know if I should get a new ATT sim for use after I unlock it. Will that work?

Thanks so much!

Dawn

20. porto35

porto35 Member

You still can use AT&T SIm card. Unlock means that your phone can be used with any SIM card, ATT included