1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarView Box 3 - No channels found

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by balkieb, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Sarmista

Sarmista Member

Dont think problem is box as friend got one as well as his works fine on dublin N*L.

But as i said i'm very new to this so quite unsure what i'm talking about :)

Also system information if required is:

THE BOX Super
    API ver: 6.00e_E
    Boot ver: 8.0
    4. Feb 2008[/quote]

2. malci

malci Guest

[/quote]

Hi Sarmista, that is Starview 3 The Box Super and that firmware is the first firmware release, there is another out API ver: 6.01eE, okay.

3. tigerd

tigerd Guest

can anyone help everytime i keep putting the code in it keeps reading the same can anybody send me the code again so i can recheck
    with the one i have thanks

4. darora

darora Member

Dear malci Thanks it did work i manage to install ok Null modam cable did came with the box and it was Starview1. Only 1 problem left is not showing as full screen i got 32" Lcd i chkd under user setting and changed to Full screen there are only two options either Letter or Full. So any idea what it can be?
    Any way i do appericeiate your help Kind Regards DA

5. malci

malci Guest

I'm afraid those are the only two options available, aspect ratio like 4.3 and 16.9 not there but basically the same choice - as you would want, presuming it is wide screen we are talking about 32" Lcd - (personally don't have widescreen) but you have to remember that many of the channels are not transmitted in 16:9 it comes down to your individual circumstances with your actual remote to your TV, you should be able to get some sort of reasonable preference viewing setting on that way i.e. zoom button what-ever all though this is an incorrect setting as you can not make a non-widescreen broadcast fill the screen unless you stretch and distort it, suppose it's a matter of trial and error that way combined with SV and the channel/programme you are watching. - " you have to remember that you will not get true full widescreen on the SV anyway" and also it depends on what aspect ratio is being transmitted, example if a programme is transmitted in 4:3 ratio and you are watching on a widescreen TV you should expect to see black area's on the left and right of the screen, this is normal: pleased you are sorted with the firmware update anyway.

6. clonehell

clonehell Member

Hi I have just got my new SV3 its much better than my old SV1 however it keeps rebooting itself about three times a day has anyone got any ideas how i can fix this, I have reflashed it but the same thing is still happening. Also some of the channel numbers are 3000 can I change these so I can put them into categories. Cheers.

7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Press Menu > System Information and tell us what the API is please

Also did you try a factory setting after flashing ?

Menu > Factory Setting
    PIN 0000
    OK to delete

Turn box off at the back for a minute and turn back on

English > Installation
    Choose Provider etc
    Automatic Scan
    Press OK
    Channels found
    Exit

Press Menu then 1570
    Turn EMU key ON

Exit , exit , exit

8. clonehell

clonehell Member

Hi,

I have not done a factory reset yet I will give it a go.

The system info is :-

THE BOX SUPER
    API ver:6.00e_E
    Boot Ver:8.0
    4.Feb.2008

9. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You will find all you need in Eamos Library at the bottom of my post. I would recommend going with version 6.1, even though its only Beta for now.

10. darora

darora Member

Dear Malci,

Thanks for all your help everything was working fine untill Tuesday evening signal freezed and picture went. My wife tried to reset the box she took off from the main supply and put it back but after that never come back on again is not showing any LCD on the box.
    Have any idea what it can be?
    Sorry to keep bothering you and for any inconvenience.
    Regards
    DA

11. malci

malci Guest

NULL MODEM CABLE DB9F to DB9F
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6
    If your pc does not have a serial port you will need a USB to serial port adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable.
    USB Adapter
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Modu...erial Adaptor
    These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased a lot cheaper on fleabay.

Updating Firmware
    Connect your box and PC with a Null modem cable and switch on the cable box and put it on STANDBY (just clock showing)
    (The Starview does not need to be connected to TV - to power only to update it with GTROM)
    Open GTROM Loader software make sure that you set the correct COM PORT that matches the one that is being used.
    Make sure App file only is selected, then click Bin File Tab & browse to the firmware where you downloaded it to on your PC. Now double click on the bin file and it will appear in the BIN File window
    Run the GTROM loader by pressing Download and you will see the % progress increase then Download completed message on your PC.
    Wait/wait until you see the DOWNLOAD SUCCESSFUL pop up box on your PC the Starview will then reboot - Now you can remove the NULL MODEM CABLE.
    Disconnect from PC and connect back up to the Tv set.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2008
  12. darora

darora Member

Originally posted by Malci:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Apart from the obvious, and I am sure you have checked, that it is receiving power box - is turned on at the back or(fuse etc) it is possible that it has had a power surge, not to sure - Are you sure that you have a genuine box, no LCD at all seems to indicate that it is dead. If it was a cap. problem you would receive some form of indication of life on it, such as 0 showing on front.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Malci
    Thanks for your reply.
    Box is not switching on at all(No any Light or LCD at the front) but there is power in the box because i was feeding my original N*L box thorugh the Starview and it is working because when take the plug out from the main for starview box N*L stop same time aswell.
    So i don't realy no what exactly heppen.
    thnaks
    DA

13. malci

malci Guest

Darora, have you done the necessary checks, if so then have a look here at the image courtesy scOuser: >>>

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363#3216144

remove from power before you take off cover if you are going to have a look, but as I have said you would in all likelyhood have a 0 showing at front. Just seen your post - still have a look but it looks dead to me so you may want to look at the possibility of a JTag situation, info on same page. Have you verified that it is a genuine box. sent a pm

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2008
  14. darora

darora Member

dear Malci
    Sorry to bother you again.
    but is not showing anything at the front not even 0!!!!!!

15. darora

darora Member

sorry what is Jtag and you asked sent pm?

16. carrie36

carrie36 Guest

please please can someone help, my friend flashed her starview box with crypt 1.4 genuine and everything went fine . she just did mine which is an original and when it finished and i put my box on it was freezing, and now its stuck between the main menu and language, can anybody tell me what might help. I tried a factory reset but its still the same

17. carrie36

carrie36 Guest

hi there im really desperate can someone help me with the above question

18. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Did you try turning it off from the on/off switch at the back of the box?

19. bluetate

bluetate Member

hi guys am a newbie avnt got a clue about most things being said on these threads,but i hope you can still help me thanks,av just purchased a starview 3 am in the tw area,av installed box but am only getting terrestial tv and all other channels no picture or sound can any one tell me what am doing wrong thanks guys.

20. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Have you run the automatic scan on the starview to pick up the channels/