AfterDawn Forums

Mario Kart hits the 'scene' - Post ALL Questions Here

This discussion thread has 345 messages.

Works great.

Anyone know if once the USA version comes out if save files will beable to be read?

Only reason to burn the USA ver. would be for online play in the USA (Assuming PAL version seeks UK servers only)
AfterDawn Advertisement
Online battle now works!!

Atleast for me it is.

Really fun!!
Can anyone actually confirm that installing the update won't fix the Trucha Bug? If this will stop me from playing my copy of SSBB on my PAL Wii, then it's not worth it.
yeah!!! i got it working on my 3.2U wii on my first try, used brickblocker on the iso, then used regionfrii to make it US, then burned using sony dvd-r at 1x (i know its slow but i got time ;]) using imgburn, i also find it easier to play using the wiimote/nunchuck combo

wii would like to play
juniR Suspended due non-functional email address
ONLINE PLAY WORKING (as already mentioned above) - been playing with ppl from all over the world :)

Originally posted by jeremytus:
Can anyone actually confirm that installing the update won't fix the Trucha Bug? If this will stop me from playing my copy of SSBB on my PAL Wii, then it's not worth it.
If you are on 3.2 you could have actually put the disk in yourself and seen it doesn't ask to update anything but just FYI, I been playing the game all day and it hasn't touched a thing. Of course SSBB works as well as you'd expect with no change to the system.

Wii 3.2E w/ Wiikey 1.9s :: PSP 3.90 M33-3 :: NDS w/ R4DS :: Nokia N95
Has anyone figured out (if its at all possible) how to change the button configuration for the Gamecube controller? Having the item button as the LEFT Trigger is retarded and makes it difficult to drag items/play/powerslide/and look behind you to target.

If you cant change it I'm extremely disappointed.

Thank you in advance.

----all i found was the rumble feature toggle ; ;
jmh1980 Suspended due non-functional email address
I have an NTSC console with a wiikey, 1.9s.

I used the pal version with Datel Freeloader.

I put freeloader in, waited for the screen to get blurry, then performed swap, game worked perfect, i did not have to perform system update.

I will stick to Freeloader for non-ntsc games.
Confirmed working with D2CKEY, i used brickblocker and region frii, have a USA wii, with 3.2U, I have a wireless gamecube controller but i cant get it to work with mario kart is there something i have to enable to get it to work???
Does anyone knows why is the Japanese version (TMD) one only 2.84 gigs? and the other ones are over 4 gigs?
Originally posted by eeeinator:
Confirmed working with D2CKEY, i used brickblocker and region frii, have a USA wii, with 3.2U, I have a wireless gamecube controller but i cant get it to work with mario kart is there something i have to enable to get it to work???
The opening screen where it saids press A. Use the gamecube controller to press A and it will let you use it. That's the only way I found.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 08 Apr 2008 @ 23:35
Originally posted by LuisOscar:
Does anyone knows why is the Japanese version (TMD) one only 2.84 gigs? and the other ones are over 4 gigs?
LuisOscar: It's just a 'scrubbed' ISO. When you unrar it, the file will expand to the correct size for burning out (4.6GB). Scrubbing the file removes the blank data so it's quicker to D/L. The full game is still there though, don't worry.

My opinion is unique. Just like everyone elses.
The TMD jap will work on ntsc-u?
I have a 3.2U Wii with a 1.9s wiikey, and can't get it to work (black screen after hitting start).
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Apr 2008 @ 17:29
where are you all buying it from? doesn't come out till friday in the uk and not out in usa and japan for another couple of weeks.
Originally posted by tyrantdj:
where are you all buying it from? doesn't come out till friday in the uk and not out in usa and japan for another couple of weeks.
eer we are talking about a 'scene' release... as in the warez scene.
Its been leaked and we are using burnt copies.

But I will be getting a retail copy on Friday, as its every gamers duty that can afford to, to support good game houses like Nintendo. :D
Quote:
LuisOscar: It's just a 'scrubbed' ISO. When you unrar it, the file will expand to the correct size for burning out (4.6GB). Scrubbing the file removes the blank data so it's quicker to D/L. The full game is still there though, don't worry.
Thank you WiiMomer ill download this one then!, i still have to buy the original because it comes with a wheel! hahaha
It was a breeze for me.

I have a Wiikey 1.9s and my Wii is at 3.2U.

I used brickblocker then regionfrii. Burned using imgburn and tadah!

I played quiet a few games online, noticed no lag of any sort (maybe because there is nobody on the server).
Hey it works for me i was just wondering how do you start with a turbo? like in the old mario carts.
Originally posted by aut0mat1c:
It was a breeze for me.I played quiet a few games online, noticed no lag of any sort (maybe because there is nobody on the server).
I've played loads of 12 player games online so there are definitely many ppl on the server.

Originally posted by VanZ:
Hey it works for me i was just wondering how do you start with a turbo? like in the old mario carts.
Same as past versions. You need to press the acceleration button at the right time during race count down. When number 2 appears wait a second and then press the acceleration button. You will need to practice to find the sweet spot.

Originally posted by juniR:
Originally posted by aut0mat1c:
It was a breeze for me.I played quiet a few games online, noticed no lag of any sort (maybe because there is nobody on the server).
I've played loads of 12 player games online so there are definitely many ppl on the server.
I just meant the servers aren't getting hit like say with Smash Bros.

I player quiet a few 12 player games as well, had a blast. I'm sorry but anybody who says online is "gimmped" needs to actually play the game first. I found the online feature to be so much fun,.
I think they are getting hit - The nature of the game itself means that the netcode doesn't have to deal with as much in the way of pings. Timing isn't as critical in a racer as it is in a beat 'em up so there's some leeway to ensure smooth running. That said, this is the best online racer I've played - I sense no lag whatsoever... though it's been a while since I had my steering wheel out on my PC.

Online rocks for sure - and whilst split screen hampers the view a bit I actually enjoy it even more playing 2 player online with my son... something you can't do with SSBB.

CAn you jump in this one? Never mind you gota be manual :)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 09 Apr 2008 @ 17:34
Worked here, also.

Wiikey 1.9s
NTSC 3.2U
Mario Kart WII (MOMENT)
IMGBurn @ 4x

Used Wii Update Remover v1.1 to patch. There were no updates when i started the game.

Everything works including online. Pretty fun.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 09 Apr 2008 @ 21:54
Originally posted by juniR:

Online rocks for sure - and whilst split screen hampers the view a bit I actually enjoy it even more playing 2 player online with my son... something you can't do with SSBB.
You can play 2 player SSBB w/ two ppl on one wii, I did it several time w/ my brother when I was @ home....
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.