1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.tt1.tmp.vbs, .tt2.tmp.vbs, .tt3.tmp.vbs files not found ------What do I do?

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by deemystql, Jul 2, 2008.

1. WaltFairy

WaltFairy Member

Hey 2OG, thanks again for all of your help in this - I really, really appreciate it.

I do have a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind taking the time to explain a few things. I guess the first would be, what, if any, of the various programs that I downloaded to remove the virus should I maybe keep active on my CPU? I've still got HJT, SUPERAntiSpyware, and ATF-Cleaner, and then I downloaded the programs that you recommended in your last post as well: Comodo Free, SpywareBlaster, Spyad, and the MVPS Hosts file. I'm not too sure what to do with/if I read correctly and downloaded the proper Spyad and MVPS Hosts file, and working with third party firewalls is also foreign to me, so any instructions there would be great. From what I read on the sites offering them, I couldn't quite make out how to use them effectively, or if I was going to need the ZonedOut program as well.

Also, on my CPU I currently have AVG Free 8.0, Windows Defender, Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal, and Spybot - Search and Destroy - What of these, if any, should I keep, again keeping in mind the several new ones that you had me download? There are so many programs!!!

Thanks much, 2OG, and I look forward to your response!

Walt

P.S.
    I don't quite understand the S.I.M.C. list. I get what you're saying, but is this just some list that you keep with you? (ie, It's not actuully on the posts? You had me looking for some sort of reference that was part of your posts, listing me as being S.I.M.C.) In any case,thank you for telling me that I'm not an idiot. ::laughing:: Cheers!

P.P.S.
    You wouldn' happen to know how to best fix an apparently broken g key on a Gateway MX6437 Notebook keyboard, would you? My hardware knowledge is unfortunately even more sorely limited than that of my software...

Thanks again!

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi Ho , Hi Ho, it’s off to work we go……….

Hello WaltFairy,

I must be gone for a few days and I really want to give you some answers. It may be next Monday before I can. But, I’ll be back………

2OG

3. WaltFairy

WaltFairy Member

Thank you! Have a good trip and weekend, and I look forward to hearing from you Monday then!

-Walt

4. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi WaltFairy,

That’s what makes it all worthwhile. You’re welcome.

I would keep everything there, except Spyad. It’s a little hard to understand and MVPS, in my opinion, works just as well.

Rule of Thumb is to have a good AntiVirus, a Firewall and a Malware scanner. Every computer and every computer user is different so use what works for you, in your situation. Try new programs and if you like them, change, else keep what you have. ; )

One thing that I do very strongly suggest is: MVPS

To use it:

Download -> Hosts.zip

Make a New Folder and place it in there before you right click and un-zip it. It has some files you won’t need and can clutter your desktop : )

In most cases a large HOSTS file (over 135 kb) tends to slow down the machine.
    To resolve this issue (manually) open the "Services Editor"
    • Go to -> Start -> Run (type) "services.msc" (no quotes)
    • Scroll down to "DNS Client", Right-click and select: Properties
    • Click the drop-down arrow for "Startup type"
    • Select: Manual, or Disabled (recommended) click Apply/Ok and reboot.

The above "Service" is not needed therefore can be Disabled...

Now install the new Host file by going to your New Folder where you un-zipped the Host.zip and locate mvps.bat and double click on it..
    Your MVPS Host file has been installed and you are now protected..

Along with SpywareBlaster you are now blocking Bad Sites, Tracker Cookies, Bad ActiveX, Pop-Ups, Drive-By Trojans, etc., etc., etc.

Be sure to update your SpyBlaster every 2 weeks or so.

To receive notifications of MVPS Updates see -> HERE

5. boukysmo

boukysmo Member

Hello, same/similar problem.
    can I kindly ask for a help!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  6. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi boukysmo,

Sure, I can help….

I will be giving you a series of instructions that need to be followed in the order in which I give them to you.

If for any reason you do not understand an instruction or are just unsure then please do not guess, simply post back with your questions/concerns and we will go through it again.

Please do not start another thread or topic, I will assist you at this thread until we solve your problems.

Lastly the fix may take several attempts and my replies may take some time but I will stick with it if you do the same.

All advice given by anyone volunteering here, is taken at own risk.
    While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet.

Please download and install SUPERAntiSpyware Free

• Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
    • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
    • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)
    • Under the "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences... button.
    • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
    • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    o Close browsers before scanning.
    o Scan for tracking cookies.
    o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

• Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
    Do not run a scan just yet.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.

• Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
    • Click the Empty Selected button.
    • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
    • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:

• Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
    • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
    • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
    • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
    • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
    • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
    • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

After Rebooting to Normal Mode:

• To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    o Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    o If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    o Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

• Click Close to exit the program.

Make a HijackThis Log

• From the desktop open Hijackthis.
    If using Windows Vista, Right-click and Run As Administrator.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button
    • Hijackthis will scan and then a log will open in notepad.
    Copy and then paste the entire contents of the log in your post.
    Do not have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required

Make an uninstall list using HijackThis
    To access the Uninstall Manager you would do the following:

1. Start HijackThis
    2. Click on the Config button
    3. Click on the Misc Tools button
    4. Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.
    5. Click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save this file. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file. Simply copy and paste the contents of that notepad here in your next reply.

Please post the HijackThis log, SUPERAntiSpyware Log and Uninstall list in your next reply.

2OG

7. Brodie562

Brodie562 Member

Im having the same problem and was wondering if i could get some help. ive already done the 3 scans and have the logs:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 3:11:32 PM, on 8/5/2008
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\arservice.exe
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
    C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
    C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Maxthon\Maxthon.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AUPDATE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\scanner\scanner.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 168.94.74.68:8080
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlwaysReady Power Message APP] ARPWRMSG.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SMrhcl1oj0eeq9] C:\Program Files\rhcl1oj0eeq9\rhcl1oj0eeq9.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTSyncU.exe] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Sync Manager Unicode\CTSyncU.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
    O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Pin.lnk = C:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Global Startup: Extender Resource Monitor.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSysTry.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\npjpi150_11.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\npjpi150_11.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
    O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.trymedia.com (HKLM)
    O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Configuration Class) - https://activatemyfios.verizon.net/sdcCommon/download/FIOS/tgctlcm.cab
    O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/player/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab
    O16 - DPF: {6A344D34-5231-452A-8A57-D064AC9B7862} (Symantec Download Manager) - https://webdl.symantec.com/activex/symdlmgr.cab
    O18 - Protocol: bwfile-8876480 - {9462A756-7B47-47BC-8C80-C34B9B80B32B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\GAPlugProtocol-8876480.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
    O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Unknown owner - c:\program files\common files\logishrd\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--
    End of file - 9836 bytes

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
    http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 08/05/2008 at 08:29 AM

Application Version : 4.15.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 3526
    Trace Rules Database Version: 1516

Scan type : Complete Scan
    Total Scan Time : 05:50:55

Memory items scanned : 163
    Memory threats detected : 0
    Registry items scanned : 5380
    Registry threats detected : 10
    File items scanned : 80916
    File threats detected : 5

Rogue.Dropper/Gen
    [lphcg1oj0eeq9] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LPHCG1OJ0EEQ9.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LPHCG1OJ0EEQ9.EXE

Trojan.Net-MSV/VPS-Variant
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{17C24E63-9A2C-4C50-BF01-86212B497BC7}
    HKCR\CLSID\{17C24E63-9A2C-4C50-BF01-86212B497BC7}
    HKCR\CLSID\{17C24E63-9A2C-4C50-BF01-86212B497BC7}
    HKCR\CLSID\{17C24E63-9A2C-4C50-BF01-86212B497BC7}\InprocServer32
    HKCR\CLSID\{17C24E63-9A2C-4C50-BF01-86212B497BC7}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel
    HKCR\CLSID\{17C24E63-9A2C-4C50-BF01-86212B497BC7}\ProgID
    HKCR\CLSID\{17C24E63-9A2C-4C50-BF01-86212B497BC7}\Programmable
    HKCR\CLSID\{17C24E63-9A2C-4C50-BF01-86212B497BC7}\TypeLib
    HKCR\CLSID\{17C24E63-9A2C-4C50-BF01-86212B497BC7}\VersionIndependentProgID
    C:\WINDOWS\WNLMDAKQFNE.DLL

Adware.Tracking Cookie
    .richmedia.yahoo.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\i4y2ae2e.default\cookies.txt ]

NotHarmful.Sysinternals Bluescreen Screen Saver
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\BLPHCG1OJ0EEQ9.SCR

Trojan.Unknown Origin
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PHCG1OJ0EEQ9.BMP

Adware.Vundo-Variant/J
    C:\WINDOWS\WNSLVXTF.DLL

Ad-Aware SE Personal
    Adobe Flash Player 9
    Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
    Adobe Flash Player Plugin
    Adobe Reader 8.1.1
    Agere Systems PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem
    AIM 6
    AntivirXP08
    AppCore
    ATI Control Panel
    ATI Display Driver
    AV
    Battlefield 2(TM)
    Battlefield 2: Special Forces
    ccCommon
    Creative Removable Disk Manager
    Creative System Information
    Creative ZEN V Series (R2)
    DivX Web Player
    GameSpy Arcade
    GearDrvs
    High Definition Audio Driver Package - KB888111
    HijackThis 2.0.2
    Hotfix for Windows XP (KB926239)
    HP Boot Optimizer
    HP Multimedia Keyboard Software
    HP Software Update
    InterVideo WinDVD Player
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11
    LiveUpdate 3.2 (Symantec Corporation)
    LiveUpdate Notice (Symantec Corporation)
    Logitech Desktop Messenger
    Logitech SetPoint
    Maxthon Browser (remove only)
    Media Center Extender
    Media Center Extender
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Hotfix (KB887998)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Hotfix (KB930494)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1
    Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
    Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.1
    Microsoft Silverlight
    Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
    Microsoft Works
    Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.16)
    MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
    Nero 7 Ultra Edition
    neroxml
    Norton 360
    Norton 360
    Norton 360
    Norton 360
    Norton 360 (Symantec Corporation)
    Norton 360 Help
    Norton Confidential Browser Component
    Norton Confidential Web Authentification Component
    Norton Confidential Web Protection Component
    QuickTime
    Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB923723)
    Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB911565)
    Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734)
    Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB896688)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB911567)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB912812)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB916281)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB917159)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB917344)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB917953)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB918899)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB920214)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB921398)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB921503)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB921883)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB922616)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB922760)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB923694)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB924191)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB925454)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB925486)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB928090)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB929123)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB929969)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB931768)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB933566)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB933729)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB936021)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB937143)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB937894)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB938127)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB938829)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB939653)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB941202)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB941644)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB941693)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB942615)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB943055)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB943485)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB944338)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB944533)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB944653)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB945553)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB946026)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB947864)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB948590)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB948881)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB950749)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB950759)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB950760)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376-v2)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748)
    Sonic RecordNow Audio
    Sonic RecordNow Copy
    Sonic RecordNow Data
    Sonic Update Manager
    SoulSeek Client 156c
    SPBBC 32bit
    SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition
    SuppSoft
    Symantec Technical Support Controls
    SymNet
    Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB910393)
    Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB913800)
    Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB926251)
    Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
    Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
    Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
    Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
    Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
    Update for Windows XP (KB929338)
    Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
    Update for Windows XP (KB931836)
    Update for Windows XP (KB933360)
    Update for Windows XP (KB938828)
    Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
    Update for Windows XP (KB942840)
    Update for Windows XP (KB946627)
    Update for Windows XP (KB953356)
    Updates from HP (remove only)
    VideoLAN VLC media player 0.8.6c
    Viewpoint Media Player
    Winamp (remove only)
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB883667
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB887472
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB887742
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB892050
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB893066
    Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB905589
    Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB925766
    WinRAR archiver
    Yahoo! Messenger
    ZENcast Organizer

Any help will be greatly appreciated

8. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi Brodie562,

You have a Vundo Trojan. SAS got some of it but there’s probably more.
    So do this:

Fix entries using HiJackThis

Launch HiJackThis
    Click the Do a system scan only button
    Put a check next to the entries listed below (if they still remain)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SMrhcl1oj0eeq9] C:\Program Files\rhcl1oj0eeq9\rhcl1oj0eeq9.exe

IMPORTANT: Do NOT
    click fix until you exit all browser sessions including the one you are reading in right now
    Click the Fix checked button and close HiJackThis

Delete Files on Reboot

Start Hijackthis
    Click on the Config button
    Click on the Misc Tools button
    Click on the button labeled Delete a file on reboot...
    A new window will open asking you to select the file that you would like to delete on reboot.
    Navigate to each file/folder in red and click on it once, and then click on the Open button.

C:\Program Files\rhcl1oj0eeq9

You will now be asked if you would like to reboot your computer to delete the file.
    Click on the Yes button if you would like to reboot now, otherwise click on the No button to reboot later.

after the reboot,

Download ComboFix from Here to your Desktop.
    Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
    • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post the Combofix log and a HiJackthis log in your next reply

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall.

2OG

9. Brodie562

Brodie562 Member

here are the new logs:

Scan saved at 3:17:57 PM, on 8/6/2008

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\arservice.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\WORDPAD.EXE
    C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
    C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AUPDATE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuCallbackProxy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\scanner\scanner.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q106&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 168.94.74.68:8080
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlwaysReady Power Message APP] ARPWRMSG.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTSyncU.exe] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Sync Manager Unicode\CTSyncU.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
    O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Pin.lnk = C:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Global Startup: Extender Resource Monitor.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSysTry.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\npjpi150_11.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\npjpi150_11.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
    O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.trymedia.com (HKLM)
    O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Configuration Class) - https://activatemyfios.verizon.net/sdcCommon/download/FIOS/tgctlcm.cab
    O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/player/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab
    O16 - DPF: {6A344D34-5231-452A-8A57-D064AC9B7862} (Symantec Download Manager) - https://webdl.symantec.com/activex/symdlmgr.cab
    O18 - Protocol: bwfile-8876480 - {9462A756-7B47-47BC-8C80-C34B9B80B32B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\GAPlugProtocol-8876480.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
    O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
    O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Unknown owner - c:\program files\common files\logishrd\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

--
    End of file - 9462 bytes

ComboFix 08-08-06.01 - HP_Administrator 2008-08-06 15:10:02.1 - NTFSx86
    Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
    * Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\7VL6XV4K\interclick.com
    C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\7VL6XV4K\interclick.com\ud.sol
    C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#interclick.com
    C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#interclick.com\settings.sol
    C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\rhcl1oj0eeq9
    C:\Documents and Settings\MCX1\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media\10.0\WMSDKNSD.XML

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-07-06 to 2008-08-06 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-08-05 15:59 . 2008-08-05 16:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
    2008-08-05 09:58 . 2008-08-05 09:58 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP
    2008-08-05 09:57 . 2008-08-05 09:57 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster
    2008-08-05 09:20 . 2008-08-05 09:20 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
    2008-08-05 02:13 . 2008-08-05 02:13 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware
    2008-08-05 02:13 . 2008-08-05 15:52 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
    2008-08-05 02:13 . 2008-08-05 02:13 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
    2008-08-05 02:13 . 2008-08-05 02:13 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
    2008-07-12 14:31 . 2008-07-12 14:31 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\EasyInfo
    2008-07-12 14:31 . 2008-07-12 14:31 <DIR> d-------- C:\NVIDIA
    2008-07-12 14:31 . 2006-10-22 15:06 208,896 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\NVUNINST.EXE
    2008-07-07 23:49 . 2008-07-18 16:22 137,840 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\PnkBstrK.sys
    2008-07-07 23:21 . 2008-07-18 16:22 111,928 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
    2008-07-07 22:08 . 2008-07-07 23:13 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\GameSpy Arcade
    2008-07-07 22:00 . 2008-07-07 22:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\EA GAMES

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    2008-08-06 01:13 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Viewpoint
    2008-08-06 01:12 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Soulseek
    2008-08-06 01:12 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Move Networks
    2008-08-05 23:00 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
    2008-08-05 23:00 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Lavasoft
    2008-08-05 07:40 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\uTorrent
    2008-08-04 21:17 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
    2008-07-31 00:42 23,888 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\COH_Mon.sys
    2008-07-31 00:28 706 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\COH_Mon.inf
    2008-07-31 00:28 10,537 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\COH_Mon.cat
    2008-07-30 08:35 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
    2008-07-16 12:05 960 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
    2008-07-08 11:04 1,629,696 --sha-w C:\Program Files\ehthumbs.db
    2008-07-08 05:25 --------- d--h--w C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
    2008-06-20 17:41 245,248 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
    2008-06-20 17:41 245,248 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mswsock.dll
    2008-06-20 17:41 148,992 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\dnsapi.dll
    2008-06-20 10:45 360,320 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
    2008-06-20 10:45 360,320 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\tcpip.sys
    2008-06-20 10:44 138,368 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\afd.sys
    2008-06-20 10:44 138,368 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\afd.sys
    2008-06-20 09:52 225,920 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip6.sys
    2008-06-20 09:52 225,920 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\tcpip6.sys
    2008-06-16 05:41 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\dvdcss
    2008-06-13 13:10 272,128 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bthport.sys
    2008-06-13 13:10 272,128 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\bthport.sys
    2008-05-30 23:27 60,800 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\S32EVNT1.DLL
    2008-05-16 18:58 12,632 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsdelete.exe
    2008-05-08 12:28 202,752 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\rmcast.sys
    2008-05-07 04:55 1,288,192 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
    2008-05-07 04:55 1,288,192 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\quartz.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    *Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-09 22:00 15360]
    "LDM"="C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe" [2007-03-30 13:17 67128]
    "BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe" [2006-06-01 13:32 94208]
    "CTSyncU.exe"="C:\Program Files\Creative\Sync Manager Unicode\CTSyncU.exe" [2006-08-07 10:06 700416]
    "Aim6"="C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" [2008-01-03 09:15 50528]
    "Yahoo! Pager"="C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" [2007-08-30 18:43 4670704]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "HPBootOp"="C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" [2005-09-21 03:41 1605740]
    "HP Software Update"="C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe" [2005-05-12 00:12 49152]
    "ehTray"="C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2005-08-05 14:56 64512]
    "ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2007-01-09 22:59 115816]
    "Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2007-10-10 20:51 39792]
    "QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2006-10-25 19:58 282624]
    "NeroFilterCheck"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe" [2006-01-12 16:40 155648]
    "Symantec PIF AlertEng"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" [2008-01-29 18:38 583048]
    "AlwaysReady Power Message APP"="ARPWRMSG.EXE" [2005-08-02 17:19 77312 C:\WINDOWS\arpwrmsg.exe]
    "Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer"="KHALMNPR.EXE" [2005-05-20 15:46 28160 C:\WINDOWS\KHALMNPR.Exe]

C:\Documents and Settings\MCX1\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
    Pin.lnk - C:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE [2005-12-23 08:04:56 27136]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
    Extender Resource Monitor.lnk - C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSysTry.exe [2005-10-20 19:55:40 18432]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
    "InstallVisualStyle"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles
    "InstallTheme"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale.theme

[hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\ShellExecuteHooks]
    "{5AE067D3-9AFB-48E0-853A-EBB7F4A000DA}"= "C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASSEH.DLL" [2008-05-13 10:13 77824]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\!SASWinLogon]
    2007-04-19 13:41 294912 C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QuickTime Task]
    --a------ 2006-10-25 19:58 282624 C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center]
    "AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring]
    "DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
    "EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
    "%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Updates from HP\\9972322\\Program\\Updates from HP.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Logitech\\Desktop Messenger\\8876480\\Program\\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\uTorrent.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\Loader\\aolload.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Battlefield 2\\BF2.exe"=

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
    "3776:UDP"= 3776:UDP:Media Center Extender Service
    "3390:TCP"= 3390:TCP:Remote Media Center Experience

R2 RMSvc;Media Center Extender Resource Monitor;C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSvc.exe [2005-10-20 19:55]
    S3 QWAVE;QWAVE service;C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe [2004-08-09 22:00]
    S3 WN5301;LIteon Wireless PCI Network Adapter Service;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wn5301.sys [2005-10-05 03:44]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
    QWAVE REG_MULTI_SZ QWAVE

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\D]
    \Shell\AutoRun\command - C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDLL32.EXE Shell32.DLL,ShellExec_RunDLL Info.exe protect.ed 480 480

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{62d0ec33-46e0-11dc-b679-0013d3f995b1}]
    \Shell\AutoRun\command - G:\LaunchU3.exe -a

*Newly Created Service* - CATCHME
    *Newly Created Service* - COMHOST
    *Newly Created Service* - PROCEXP90
    - - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

HKLM-Run-TkBellExe - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    HKLM-Run-NWEReboot - (no file)
    MSConfigStartUp-MSMSGS - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

------- Supplementary Scan -------
    FireFox -: Profile - C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\i4y2ae2e.default\
    FireFox -: prefs.js - STARTUP.HOMEPAGE - about:blank

catchme 0.3.1361 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
    Rootkit scan 2008-08-06 15:13:35
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
    hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2008-08-06 15:15:45
    ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-08-06 22:15:03

Pre-Run: 61,684,613,120 bytes free
    Post-Run: 61,704,957,952 bytes free

160 --- E O F --- 2008-07-08 21:25:38

10. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Good job Brodie562,

Use HijackThis to fix these 2 lines, just leftovers:

Congratulations, your log looks CLEAN

There are a few things you must do once you are completely clean:

1. Time for some housekeeping

Please download the OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer

Save it to your desktop.
    Run the tool by clicking on the icon.
    • Click the Cleanup button.

• The tools that we used as well as this one will be removed from your system.

2. Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
    This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.

• Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.

• If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All

• If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All

• Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

3. Now Set a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which sometimes can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:

• Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".

• Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.

• Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
    • Click "OK"
    Select the drive you want to clean usually C:
    Click OK
    When it completes the scan:
    • Click the "More Options" Tab.
    • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

5. Defragment your Hard Drive

1.Open My Computer.
    2.Right-click the local disk volume that you want to defragment, and then click Properties.
    3.On the Tools tab, click Defragment Now.
    4.Click Defragment.

And here are some tips to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future:

It is critical that you use a firewall to protect your computer from hackers. We don't recommend the firewall that comes built in to Windows. It doesn't block everything that may try to get in, and the entire firewall is written to the registry. As various kinds of malware hack the Registry in order to disable the Windows firewall, it's far preferable to install one of the excellent third party solutions. Two good ones are are Comodo Free and Online Armor Personal Firewall
    I have recently changed my firewall to Comodo, love it and highly recommend it..

Make sure you keep your Windows OS current by visiting Windows update
    regularly to download and install any critical updates and service packs. With out these you are leaving the backdoor open.

I strongly recommend installing the following applications:

Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.

Go to these sites and read about these you may decide to use them, I do, because they work.

Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Malware, Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.

MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know Malware sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer

And also see TonyKlein's good advice
    So how did I get infected in the first place?

Enjoy your clean computer. Any questions?

2OG

11. KLFB1a7

KLFB1a7 Member

Hello, I saw that post and I got registered and I need assistance as well. I can't find .tt2.tmp.vbs I've downloaded Hijackthis and created a log but I don't know what to do now. Please help me. Thank you in the future.

Scan saved at 8:03:26, on 7.8.2008

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
    C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\wbload.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
    C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\Program Files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.01\aaCenter.exe
    C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LCD Manager\lcdmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\G-series Software\LGDCore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LCD Manager\Applets\LCDClock.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LCD Manager\Applets\LCDCountdown.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LCD Manager\Applets\LCDMedia.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LCD Manager\Applets\LCDPOP3.exe
    C:\Program Files\ASUS\PC Probe II\Probe2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
    C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphc175j0e97p.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\Program Files\ASUS\SmartDoctor\SmartDoctor.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
    C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
    C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\AlienwareDock\ObjectDock.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\KHAL2\KHALMNPR.EXE
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton 360\ScanStub.exe
    C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe
    C:\Program Files\eMule\emule.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O1 - Hosts: 60.12.193.37 auto.search.msn.com
    O1 - Hosts: 60.12.193.37 auto.search.msn.es
    O1 - Hosts: 60.12.193.37 ie.search.msn.com
    O2 - BHO: HP Print Enhancer - {0347C33E-8762-4905-BF09-768834316C61} - C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_printenhancer.dll
    O2 - BHO: HP Print Clips - {053F9267-DC04-4294-A72C-58F732D338C0} - C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_framework.dll
    O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\GRA8E1~1.DLL
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AsusServiceProvider] C:\Program Files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.01\aaCenter.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ai Nap] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch LCDMon] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LCD Manager\lcdmon.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch LGDCore] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\G-series Software\LGDCore.exe" /SHOWHIDE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch PC Probe II] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\PC Probe II\Probe2.exe" 1
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4.exe" /tray
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAShCut.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [JMB36X IDE Setup] C:\WINDOWS\RaidTool\xInsIDE.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [36X Raid Configurer] C:\WINDOWS\system32\xRaidSetup.exe boot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lphc175j0e97p] C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphc175j0e97p.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ASUS SmartDoctor] C:\Program Files\ASUS\SmartDoctor\SmartDoctor.exe /start
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIDIA nTune] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneCmd.exe" clear
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
    O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: Alienware Dock.lnk = C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\AlienwareDock\ObjectDock.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: Alienware Dock.lnk = C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\AlienwareDock\ObjectDock.exe (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Startup: Alienware Dock.lnk = C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\AlienwareDock\ObjectDock.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: HP Clipbook - {58ECB495-38F0-49cb-A538-10282ABF65E7} - C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_extensions.dll
    O9 - Extra button: HP Smart Select - {700259D7-1666-479a-93B1-3250410481E8} - C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_extensions.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\GR99D3~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O23 - Service: ATK Keyboard Service (ATKKeyboardService) - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - C:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Logitech, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe
    O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
    O23 - Service: nTune Service (nTuneService) - NVIDIA - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

--
    End of file - 11524 bytes

12. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi KLFB1a7,

Yes, you’ve got some Nasties……

Start like this:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
    • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be found here: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
    • Please post contents of that file in your next reply.

Download ComboFix from Here to your Desktop.
    Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
    • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post the Combofix log and a HiJackthis log in your next reply

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall.

Extra-Note: Please, DO NOT use ComboFix on your own. It is a very powerful tool designed to deal with sophisticated infections and if something goes wrong or you use it incorrectly, you could possibly lose the use of your computer. It is ONLY meant to be used under the direct supervision of a malware removal specialist.

2OG

13. KLFB1a7

KLFB1a7 Member

So I first have to start ComboFix and after that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware? I appologise, I just haven't understood it properly.

14. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

malwarebytes first..

15. KLFB1a7

KLFB1a7 Member

Hi... sorry it took so long...

OK, I think I did all you told me to...

Here it is: Malwarebytes first

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.24
    Database version: 1030
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

13:25:37 7.8.2008
    mbam-log-8-7-2008 (13-25-33).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (A:\|C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|)
    Objects scanned: 212058
    Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 2 minute(s), 49 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 1
    Registry Values Infected: 2
    Registry Data Items Infected: 2
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 6

Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Software Notifier (Rogue.Multiple) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\lphc175j0e97p (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\scrnsave.exe (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispBackgroundPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispScrSavPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphc175j0e97p.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Local Settings\Temp\.tt1.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Local Settings\Temp\.tt2.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Local Settings\Temp\.tt3.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Local Settings\Temp\.tt8.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> No action taken.
    C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Local Settings\Temp\.ttA.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> No action taken.

Here is ComboFix:

ComboFix 08-08-06.02 - KLFB 2008-08-07 14:47:30.1 - NTFSx86
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1250.1.1033.18.2080 [GMT 2:00]
    Running from: G:\Dolgopotegi\ComboFix.exe
    * Created a new restore point

WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED !!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\WINDOWS\system32\AutoRun.inf
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphc175j0e97p.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-07-07 to 2008-08-07 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-08-07 11:35 . 2008-08-07 11:35 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    2008-08-07 11:35 . 2008-08-07 11:35 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\Malwarebytes
    2008-08-07 11:35 . 2008-08-07 11:35 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
    2008-08-07 11:35 . 2008-07-30 20:07 38,472 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
    2008-08-07 11:35 . 2008-07-30 20:07 17,144 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
    2008-08-07 08:03 . 2008-08-07 08:03 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
    2008-08-04 15:31 . 2008-05-02 02:39 170,512 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kemutb.dll
    2008-08-04 15:31 . 2008-05-02 02:39 145,936 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\KemUtil.dll
    2008-08-04 15:31 . 2008-05-02 02:40 117,264 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\KemWnd.dll
    2008-08-04 15:31 . 2008-05-02 02:40 84,496 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\KemXML.dll
    2008-08-04 15:24 . 2008-05-02 02:38 301,656 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\BtCoreIf.dll
    2008-08-04 15:22 . 2008-08-04 15:22 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\Logitech
    2008-08-04 09:34 . 2008-08-04 15:25 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd
    2008-07-24 16:29 . 2008-08-06 19:24 54,156 --ah----- C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn
    2008-07-24 16:29 . 2008-07-24 16:29 1,409 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.for
    2008-07-21 09:18 . 2008-07-21 09:18 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\Symantec
    2008-07-15 11:08 . 2008-07-15 11:08 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\Sierra Entertainment
    2008-07-15 11:01 . 2008-07-15 11:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\85EBB28365AF4C539EBE7C0A232762F7.TMP
    2008-07-13 12:58 . 2008-07-13 12:58 6,144 --ahs---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\access.ctl
    2008-07-13 12:49 . 2008-07-13 12:49 16 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\coh.cache
    2008-07-13 12:41 . 2008-07-15 08:43 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Norton 360
    2008-07-13 12:41 . 2008-07-13 12:54 115,000 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.SYS
    2008-07-13 12:41 . 2008-07-13 12:54 48,776 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\S32EVNT1.DLL
    2008-07-13 12:41 . 2008-07-13 12:54 8,014 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.CAT
    2008-07-13 12:41 . 2008-07-13 12:54 806 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.INF
    2008-07-13 09:53 . 2008-07-13 09:53 56 --ah----- C:\WINDOWS\system32\ezsidmv.dat
    2008-07-13 09:52 . 2008-07-13 09:52 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Skype

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    2008-08-07 12:46 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\Skype
    2008-08-07 09:40 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\uTorrent
    2008-08-07 09:35 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
    2008-08-07 09:34 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\skypePM
    2008-08-07 09:33 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\eMule
    2008-08-06 21:06 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Zoom Player
    2008-08-06 20:34 196,608 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nStandard.bin
    2008-08-06 15:19 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\Hamachi
    2008-08-06 06:32 137,840 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\PnkBstrK.sys
    2008-08-06 06:32 111,928 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
    2008-08-05 06:02 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
    2008-08-04 13:24 --------- d--h--w C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
    2008-08-04 13:24 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech
    2008-08-04 13:24 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Logitech
    2008-07-30 15:42 23,888 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\COH_Mon.sys
    2008-07-30 15:28 706 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\COH_Mon.inf
    2008-07-30 15:28 10,537 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\COH_Mon.cat
    2008-07-21 08:06 3,126 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\tempimg.tmp
    2008-07-16 16:45 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\Azureus
    2008-07-15 09:01 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
    2008-07-13 10:54 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Symantec
    2008-07-13 07:52 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Skype
    2008-06-24 14:25 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR
    2008-06-24 14:25 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Adobe Media Player
    2008-06-21 09:27 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SimCity Societies
    2008-06-16 10:23 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\POP3Profiles
    2008-06-13 12:46 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\BioWare
    2008-06-11 14:33 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Xilisoft
    2008-06-11 12:26 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\AudioConverter Studio
    2008-06-11 12:13 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ulead Systems
    2008-06-11 10:30 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\Ulead Systems
    2008-06-07 13:49 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\uTorrent
    2008-03-08 07:15 32 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ezsid.dat
    2007-12-09 18:21 276 -c--a-w C:\Program Files\unin.bat
    2007-11-25 12:14 22,328 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\PnkBstrK.sys
    2007-07-18 07:42 40,296 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
    2006-06-23 12:48 32,768 -c--a-w C:\WINDOWS\inf\UpdateUSB.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    *Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "CTFMON.EXE"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 06:56 15360]
    "ASUS SmartDoctor"="C:\Program Files\ASUS\SmartDoctor\SmartDoctor.exe" [2007-04-02 21:16 1110016]
    "NVIDIA nTune"="C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneCmd.exe" [2007-07-03 12:32 81920]
    "BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe" [2006-11-16 19:04 139264]
    "MSMSGS"="C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2004-08-04 01:06 1667584]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "IMJPMIG8.1"="C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" [2004-08-04 04:32 208952]
    "PHIME2002ASync"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE" [2004-08-04 04:32 455168]
    "PHIME2002A"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE" [2004-08-04 04:32 455168]
    "AsusServiceProvider"="C:\Program Files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.01\aaCenter.exe" [2006-06-30 16:57 582144]
    "Ai Nap"="C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe" [2006-07-10 15:49 1093632]
    "Launch LCDMon"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LCD Manager\lcdmon.exe" [2007-04-26 16:54 774168]
    "Launch LGDCore"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\G-series Software\LGDCore.exe" [2007-04-26 17:22 1132056]
    "NvCplDaemon"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll" [2008-05-02 22:46 13529088]
    "Launch PC Probe II"="C:\Program Files\ASUS\PC Probe II\Probe2.exe" [2002-01-04 23:53 2125312]
    "GrooveMonitor"="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe" [2006-10-27 00:47 31016]
    "SoundMAXPnP"="C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe" [2006-10-05 20:25 868352]
    "JMB36X IDE Setup"="C:\WINDOWS\RaidTool\xInsIDE.exe" [2007-03-20 15:36 36864]
    "36X Raid Configurer"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\xRaidSetup.exe" [2007-03-21 17:23 1953792]
    "Symantec PIF AlertEng"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" [2007-11-28 20:51 583048]
    "iTunesHelper"="C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2007-03-14 20:05 257088]
    "Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2008-01-11 23:16 39792]
    "HP Software Update"="C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe" [2007-03-11 22:34 49152]
    "NvMediaCenter"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll" [2008-05-02 22:46 86016]
    "ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2007-01-09 23:59 115816]
    "nwiz"="nwiz.exe" [2008-05-02 22:46 1630208 C:\WINDOWS\system32\nwiz.exe]
    "Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer"="KHALMNPR.EXE" [2008-02-29 03:12 76304 C:\WINDOWS\KHALMNPR.Exe]
    "Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer"="KHALMNPR.EXE" [2008-02-29 03:12 76304 C:\WINDOWS\KHALMNPR.Exe]
    "High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut"="HDAShCut.exe" [2004-10-27 15:21 61952 C:\WINDOWS\system32\HdAShCut.exe]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "CTFMON.EXE"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE" [2004-08-04 06:56 15360]

C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
    Alienware Dock.lnk - C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\AlienwareDock\ObjectDock.exe [2007-08-09 22:24:52 2074360]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
    HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe [2007-03-11 21:26:24 210520]
    Logitech SetPoint.lnk - C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe [2008-08-04 15:31:19 805392]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon]
    "UIHost"="C:\\Program Files\\TGTSoft\\StyleXP\\Logon\\CurrentLogon.EXE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\LBTWlgn]
    2008-05-02 02:42 72208 c:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\Bluetooth\LBTWLgn.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\WB]
    2001-12-20 23:34 24576 C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\fastload.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\windows]
    "AppInit_DLLs"=wbsys.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\drivers32]
    "vidc.asv2"= asusasv2.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\WdfLoadGroup]
    @=""

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Microsoft Office.lnk]
    path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Microsoft Office.lnk
    backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\Microsoft Office.lnkCommon Startup

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^KLFB^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^MagicDisc.lnk]
    path=C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\MagicDisc.lnk
    backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\MagicDisc.lnkStartup

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^KLFB^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk]
    path=C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk
    backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\GamerOSD]
    --a--c--- 2007-02-14 09:42 380928 C:\Program Files\ASUS\GamerOSD\GamerOSD.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\HP Software Update]
    --a--c--- 2007-03-11 22:34 49152 C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\NeroFilterCheck]
    --a--c--- 2006-01-12 15:40 155648 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\PhilipsDM]
    --a------ 2007-09-17 22:35 892928 C:\Program Files\Philips\Philips Device Manager\bin\DeviceManager.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QuickTime Task]
    --a--c--- 2007-04-27 09:41 282624 C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\STYLEXP]
    --a--c--- 2006-05-24 20:31 1372160 C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SunJavaUpdateSched]
    --a--c--- 2007-07-12 04:00 132496 C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
    "EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
    "C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Azureus\\Azureus.exe"=
    "F:\\Program files\\EA GAMES\\Battlefield 2\\BF2.exe"=
    "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\OUTLOOK.EXE"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\GROOVE.EXE"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\ONENOTE.EXE"=
    "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\PnkBstrA.exe"=
    "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\PnkBstrB.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=
    "F:\\Program files\\Stardock Games\\Sins of a Solar Empire\\Sins of a Solar Empire.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\uTorrent.exe"=
    "F:\\games\\Mass Effect\\Binaries\\MassEffect.exe"=
    "F:\\games\\Mass Effect\\MassEffectLauncher.exe"=
    "F:\\Program files\\Microsoft Games\\Age of Empires III\\age3x.exe"=
    "F:\\Program files\\Microsoft Games\\Age of Empires III\\age3y.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Skype\\Phone\\Skype.exe"=

R3 ASUSVRC;ASUSTeK Virtual Capture Device;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\AsusVRC.sys [2007-01-29 17:12]
    R3 MBAMSwissArmy;MBAMSwissArmy;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys [2008-07-30 20:07]
    R3 Video3D;ASUS Video3D Service;C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\Video3D32.sys [2006-09-29 10:06]
    S1 asusgsb;ASUS Virtual Video Capture Device Driver;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\asusgsb32.sys [2005-10-20 16:25]
    S3 EraserUtilDrv10621;EraserUtilDrv10621;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EraserUtilDrv10621.sys []

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
    HPZ12 REG_MULTI_SZ Pml Driver HPZ12 Net Driver HPZ12
    hpdevmgmt REG_MULTI_SZ hpqcxs08 hpqddsvc

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\I]
    \Shell\AutoRun\command - I:\autorun.exe
    \Shell\directx\command - I:\DirectX9\dxsetup.exe
    \Shell\setup\command - I:\setup.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{3ed2d780-a4a0-11dc-8277-0018f3d02afd}]
    \Shell\AutoRun\command - fooool.exe
    \Shell\explore\Command - fooool.exe
    \Shell\open\Command - fooool.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{6f083924-8aea-11dc-8246-0018f3d02afd}]
    \Shell\AutoRun\command - K:\CDCheck.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{7e9f023d-329e-11dc-83d8-0018f3d02afd}]
    \Shell\AutoRun\command - I:\autorun.exe
    \Shell\setup\command - I:\setup.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{cc311b18-b9e8-11dc-829b-0018f3d02afd}]
    \Shell\AutoRun\command - fooool.exe
    \Shell\explore\Command - fooool.exe
    \Shell\open\Command - fooool.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{e93742ac-5b8e-11dc-81d4-0018f3d02afd}]
    \Shell\AutoRun\command - I:\Autorun.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{fb1b879f-319f-11dc-9e87-806d6172696f}]
    \Shell\AutoRun\command - D:\Autorun.exe

*Newly Created Service* - CATCHME
    *Newly Created Service* - COMHOST
    *Newly Created Service* - MBAMSWISSARMY
    *Newly Created Service* - PROCEXP90
    - - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

HKLM-Run-lphc175j0e97p - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphc175j0e97p.exe

------- Supplementary Scan -------
    FireFox -: Profile - C:\Documents and Settings\KLFB\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6ptnd5cj.default\

catchme 0.3.1361 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
    Rootkit scan 2008-08-07 14:49:14
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

Completion time: 2008-08-07 14:51:02
    ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-08-07 12:49:59

Pre-Run: 16,114,741,248 bytes free
    Post-Run: 16,622,219,264 bytes free

238 --- E O F --- 2007-07-15 06:04:53

And here is HijackThis:

Scan saved at 14:52:57, on 7.8.2008

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
    C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\Program Files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.01\aaCenter.exe
    C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LCD Manager\lcdmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\G-series Software\LGDCore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LCD Manager\Applets\LCDClock.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LCD Manager\Applets\LCDCountdown.exe
    C:\Program Files\ASUS\PC Probe II\Probe2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
    C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    C:\Program Files\ASUS\SmartDoctor\SmartDoctor.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
    C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
    C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\AlienwareDock\ObjectDock.exe
    C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\KHAL2\KHALMNPR.EXE
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
    C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
    C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    O2 - BHO: HP Print Enhancer - {0347C33E-8762-4905-BF09-768834316C61} - C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_printenhancer.dll
    O2 - BHO: HP Print Clips - {053F9267-DC04-4294-A72C-58F732D338C0} - C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_framework.dll
    O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\GRA8E1~1.DLL
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AsusServiceProvider] C:\Program Files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.01\aaCenter.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ai Nap] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch LCDMon] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LCD Manager\lcdmon.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch LGDCore] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\G-series Software\LGDCore.exe" /SHOWHIDE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch PC Probe II] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\PC Probe II\Probe2.exe" 1
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAShCut.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [JMB36X IDE Setup] C:\WINDOWS\RaidTool\xInsIDE.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [36X Raid Configurer] C:\WINDOWS\system32\xRaidSetup.exe boot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ASUS SmartDoctor] C:\Program Files\ASUS\SmartDoctor\SmartDoctor.exe /start
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIDIA nTune] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneCmd.exe" clear
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
    O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: Alienware Dock.lnk = C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\AlienwareDock\ObjectDock.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: Alienware Dock.lnk = C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\AlienwareDock\ObjectDock.exe (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Startup: Alienware Dock.lnk = C:\Program Files\AlienGUIse\AlienwareDock\ObjectDock.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: HP Clipbook - {58ECB495-38F0-49cb-A538-10282ABF65E7} - C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_extensions.dll
    O9 - Extra button: HP Smart Select - {700259D7-1666-479a-93B1-3250410481E8} - C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_extensions.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\GR99D3~1.DLL
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O23 - Service: ATK Keyboard Service (ATKKeyboardService) - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - C:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Logitech, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe
    O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
    O23 - Service: nTune Service (nTuneService) - NVIDIA - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

--
    End of file - 11482 bytes

16. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Fix entries using HiJackThis

Launch HiJackThis
    Click the Do a system scan only button
    Put a check next to the entries listed below (if they still remain)

IMPORTANT: Do NOT click fix until you exit all browser sessions including the one you are reading in right now
    Click the Fix checked button and close HiJackThis

post back and let me know if there are any problems..

17. KLFB1a7

KLFB1a7 Member

I have fixed the checked entries. There were no problems. Is that all?

18. Brodie562

Brodie562 Member

2OG thanks a lot my computer has been running great. much love.

19. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

that's all folks..[​IMG]

you're welcome..

2OG

20. KLFB1a7

KLFB1a7 Member

2OG, I deeply thank you for your great effort to help me. And I thank again for your fast response as well. Everything is working perfectly now. Really... I'm out of words... thanks... again