1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero problems Error:\nCannot connect TRF.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by keyadv, Feb 6, 2006.

1. keyadv

keyadv Member

My son has been using nero on his computer for about 2 years with no problems. Then suddenly we started to receive a Error:\nCannot connect TRF whenever he tries to burn a homemade movie or make a backup of a movie he owns.
    He's working on a hp pavilion a730n
    windows xp service pack 2, pentium 4 3.0 GHz, 504 MB ram.
    The report below shows lots of memory being used - but we've gotten this same error message after shutting down most processes and trying a fresh burn.
    We've tried reloading nero, tried reloading DVD shrink, tried rebooting, freeing up hard drive space, defrag, virus check, etc.
    Any suggestions? Odd that this just started out of the blue for no reason!

Nero burn error report:
    Windows XP 5.1
    IA32
    WinAspi: File 'Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=4.71 (0002), size=45056 bytes, created 11/21/2005 12:48:21 AM
    ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 11/2/2004 12:54:32 PM

NT-SPTI used
    Nero API version: 6.6.1.4
    Using interface version: 6.3.1.4
    Installed in: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\
    Application: ahead\Nero - Burning Rom
    Internal Version: 6, 6, 1, 4d

Recorder: <PHILIPS DVD8421> Version: 6H01 - HA 1 TA 0 - 6.6.1.4
    Adapter driver: <IDE> HA 1
    Drive buffer : 2048kB
    Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ?

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
    CdRomPeripheral : PHILIPS DVD8421 atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: On
    CdRomPeripheral : SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148A atapi Port 0 ID 1 DMA: On
    DiskPeripheral : ST3200822AS atapi Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===
    PHILIPS DVD8421 E: CDRom0
    SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148A F: CDRom1
    =======================

AutoRun : 1
    Excluded drive IDs:
    WriteBufferSize: 73400320 (0) Byte
    ShowDrvBufStat : 0
    BUFE : 0
    Physical memory : 503MB (515372kB)
    Free physical memory: 208MB (213420kB)
    Memory in use : 58 %
    Uncached PFiles: 0x0
    Use Inquiry : 1
    Global Bus Type: default (0)
    Check supported media : Disabled (0)

NeroAPI
    12:37:41 PM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275
    DVD-Video files reallocation started

12:37:42 PM #2 Phase 114 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275
    DVD-Video files reallocation completed (no file modified)

12:37:42 PM #3 Phase 111 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275
    DVD-Video files sorted

12:37:42 PM #4 NEROAPI 7 File Burncd.cpp, Line 3095
    Error:\nCannot connect TRF.

12:37:42 PM #5 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 867
    DRM: DRM burn session terminated.

12:37:42 PM #6 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 896
    DRM: Closing entire DRM handling. Bye.

Existing drivers:
    File 'Drivers\ASPI32.SYS': Ver=4.71 (0002) built by: WinDDK, size=16512 bytes, created 11/21/2005 12:48:21 AM
    File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=2.02.72a, size=20368 bytes, created 4/22/2004 11:02:00 AM (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)

Registry Keys:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

Been working on this for days....any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

2. david66

david66 Regular member

Furst thing is to upgrade nero to the latest version latest version is 6.18 go to nero home page and download the latest update it is free

3. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

@keyadv
    Your Nero IS up to date. It dates from 31.01.06, David check again, it's new, just out.
    It's not a lot, but i burnt a lot of films with that capacity, so you should be ok. Your DMA's are also all on, but for some reason i cant find your burners firmware info anyware. Let me have a google around for you then i'll tell you something about it.
    There's a lot missing from that log, can you try to post a full log please?
    Thanks, Miggs.

4. keyadv

keyadv Member

That is the only log that is shown after the error - I pasted the whole thing there except for the serial number that was at the top. I forgot to say - I use it with dvd shrink - just deleted and reinstalled that - same errors again. Would the wrong firmware really make a sudden difference? Everything was working fine for a really long time then Nero just stopped working. I've even emailed nero....no answer.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@keyadv
    This error message (trf) seems to be popping up more and more since nero's recent update to version 6. Here's what others have tried:
    Can you go back to the previous version? Or try this disable burn with nero in shrink. Just save it to your hard drive. Then open nero after shrink is done and burn from there.

6. keyadv

keyadv Member

Thanks I'll try that - do you think that the error would vanish if I upgrade to version 7? we can't go backwards - we don't have the version 5 software anymore.

7. binkie7

Do you have a previous version of 6 - like the .exe file you may have saved when updating version 6? I've read about problems w/ shrink and nero 7 - so I'm not too sure on that one. I'm still using version 6.

8. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Hello Binkie... You alright? I didn't know about this particular bug, and i use Nero about 90% of my convertions.

@keyadv
    IMVHO i don't think it's worth the change from V6 to V7. You could follow Binkies very good advice for now.
    I had a look for your burner's firmware, and to be honest i haven't found nothing really worth taking...
    Firmware is VERY important.
    Here, this should answer any question you might have:
    http://www.feurio.com/English/faq/faq_vocable_firmware.shtml

9. binkie7

10. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

I see... I'll try to get into that error a bit more as well. Have you asked Creaky about it? He might know how to get around it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  11. binkie7

Well here's my update: Same thing and error as keyadv w/ 6.6.1.4. No autoburn w/ nero & shrink as I was previously able to do. So I opened nero burning rom and am now burning the files.
    So if your here anything permiggs let me know and I'll do the same.
    I'll pm creaky and see if he knows. Glad I keep the 6.6.0.18 - even though I don't use shrink that much anymore I'm going to go back to 6.6.0.18.
    @keyadv
    Another prog that auto burns w/ shrink is dvd decryper - so may want to try that also until there's a fix for the autoburn issue.

12. keyadv

keyadv Member

turning off auto burn didn't work (like you discovered) - I paid a lot for this nero version....so I'd really like to get it running but I'll try the other program till then. Since I have a legal serial number is it possible to somehow get an older version of the program?

13. binkie7

@keyadv
    Nero works - it's this latest update that won't autoburn with shrink like before. Plus it's not something they advertise (autoburn w/ shrink)since shrink removes copy protection. (The developer of shrink works for Nero) All I did was open nero burning rom after receiving the error and drag the video_ts folder where the movie was and start burning. So it would now just be a 2 step process if using nero. I did a quick google to see if any one still has 6.6.0.18 but all so far have 6.6.1.4.
    You can always email Nero and ask for 6.6.0.18.

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  15. brobear

brobear Guest

The 6.6.0.18 came prior to the 6.6.1.4. I only saw the 6.6.1.4 listed for the Nero 6 download. As mentioned, Nero has older versions stashed in the old version section, but only up to 6.6.0.13. Wonder why they haven't put in the 6.6.0.18? Be sure to follow Creaky's advice on the Clean Tools or you may be wasting your time.

This link has been working if it doesn't time out. Seems the downloads for the older version have been hot the last day or so. This is for those just wanting to go back to 6.6.0.18.

http://httpdl2.usw.nero.com/Nero-6.6.0.18.exe

If it times out, click GO by the Address window.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2006
  16. keyadv

keyadv Member

thanks everyone for all your help! Nero tech support.....well less than helpful. Here's what I ended up with (in case anyone else has the same problem)
    went to the website with the old nero downloads on it - picked an old version still in the 6's though. cleaned everything "nero" off the computer, put the old version on - got a new error message saying that I was using the wrong media (previously used DVD+R) it was asking for DVD+RW, ran out and bought a few high quality ones to see....and it is working. So thanks!
    Just curious though.....why after a year of no problems does it all of a sudden stop working? why do I now have to use a different media? Is this a sign the dvd burner is ready to go up in flames? it drives me crazy when something works then poof the next morning it's all haywire.

17. keyadv

keyadv Member

forgot to add - when I went to the old version 6.6.018 - or whatever it is - I put the auto burn back on.
    I did try dvd encrypter - that kept giving me an I/O error. Something is obviously goofy over here....but for now he's up and running.
    Lisa.

18. Deznaj

Deznaj Regular member

Same problem here:

-Installed my new HD, used 'old' Nero Update.
    Shrink worked perfectly! (before 31 januari update).
    -Got major virus attack *groan*.
    -Reinstalled my HD, used 6.6.1.4 Nero Update.
    Shrink gives the Error:\nCannot connect TRF.

That's the last time I buy a legal NERO version! ;-)

19. keyadv

keyadv Member

Hey if you find a way to fix this problem....other than what I did (switch to an older version and switch media types) - please let me know - I'm out the $$ I paid for the newer version since they won't refund it and it doesn't work - and they have no technical solution for what happened....so part of me still wants to use the new version if I can get it to work. thankx.

20. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

I can confirm that as well... It won't autoburn from Shrink... Well, for now we have to do a two step jobbie. Like Binkie said, if you use Burning Rom, it does work as usual. That's what i done today. Good job i kept my 6.6.0.18 update... I'll try hosting it somewhere if you struggle to find it, ok?