1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft AntiSpyware Problems

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by tatjr13, Feb 6, 2006.

1. tatjr13

tatjr13 Member

I have a problem that needs some help. I returned home from my dads house on Sunday only to find my computer at my moms had a bunch of stupid icons on the desktop. Like gambling websites and other junk. So I figured I'd better run a spyware check. I opened up M$ Antispyware and it sais my version was out of date or some other bs like that so i went to the M$ website to d/l the updated version. I did and it said to restart my computer and i did but when the XP part was loading a blue screen flashed for about a second and it started booting from the begining. It then brought up the screen asking you if you want to boot in safe mode. At first i said no but after it didn't boot again i booted in safe mode and it worked. So i run a virus check with zone alarm and a spyware check with zone alarm and it didn't find any viruses but it did find some useless spyware it was deleted. It did the same thing again so i tried to go back in and delete M$ Antispyware but it wouldn't let me saying i don't have an internet connection and i can't delete it if you don't. SO that's my problem please advise thanks.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

When you go into Safe Mode -- pay attention at the choices you have -- you can have access to the internet if you select it ! It's called Safe Mode with Networking !|

It is not Microsoft Antispyware that is a problem -- your PC is infected with a trojan ! Best you start cleaning it up by going to this thread here :-

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/128251

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2006
  3. tatjr13

tatjr13 Member

I tried doing that but it started the rebooting process as if i selected boot normally.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You said you can get in SAFE MODE --- once you in there -- click START- Run -- Type msconfig --- go to the boot.ini TAB.

Put a check in Safeboot and a tick in Network -- click APPLY.

Allow it to go thru your Zone Alarm then it will ask for a restart -- click Ok.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2006
  5. tatjr13

tatjr13 Member

I did it exactly how you said but when whenever i try to boot any way it won't allow me not even in safe mode any more. It just keeps restarting.

6. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

youve been screwed over by virus's and god knows how much other crap.

if your already infected its too late to run a spyware scan so downloading the new ms anti spy probably buggered it up even more.

only guaranteed solution here is a reinstall of windows

7. tatjr13

tatjr13 Member

I was afraid of that. The thing is that i have already reinstalled windows like maybe 4 times and last time they said my reg. key has been used too many times. So i had to call them up and fight for about an hour to get a new key which i didn't write down. Is there no other way?