AfterDawn Forums

GUIDE TO PSP GTA & TIFF ELOADERS VERSION 2.00 & 2.01+

This discussion thread has 578 messages.

First things first u can download the ELOADER SUPER BOCK 0.97 plus EMENU and you also need a UMD of GTA:LCS.

For people using a WINDOWS PC there is an EXE version which loads and configures ELOADER SUPER BOCK 0.97 automaticly to your PSP.

Auto Installer for Windows: Super Bock EXE
Zip file for other platforms: Super Bock ZIP

For people using a WINDOWS PC there is an EXE version which loads and configures EMENU automaticly to your PSP.

Auto Installer for Windows: EMenuV01 EXE
Zip file for other platforms: EMenuV01 ZIP

Run EMENU installer after ELOADER.

PEOPLE WITH VERSION 2.00 PSP,S PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO TIFF EXPLOIT.

GTA:LCS EXPLOIT FOR 2.01 AND HIGHER AS FOLLOWS:

First go to the HOME screen on the PSP,and go to DATE & TIME SETTINGS and put the date a year forward, load up GTA and just save straight away, exit back to the PSP HOME menu and set the year back to its original date, this will stop ELOADER booting up automaticly.

Connect ur PSP to the computer run the ELOADER EXE, click the small arrow in the SELECT TYPE OF INSTALL box, and pick what ever suits your region, European, American or German then click next. Select the drive for your PSP (if not allready done for you) then click install.
Start from step 6 for the emulators.

For those who dont have a WINDOWS PC start from STEP 1.

1: Extract all files from ELOADER.ZIP
You will end up with a PSP and a UTILS folder.

2: Copy the UTILS folder to the ROOT MENU of your MEMORY STICK.
(ROOT MENU contains your MP_ROOT and PSP folders.)

3: Click on PSP and it will contain 3 folders:
ELOADER...PHOTO...SAVEDATA

4: Add the ELOADER folder to your PSP,s...PSP folder.

5: Click on SAVEDATA and add the SAVE FOLDER that applies to your region, to your PSP,S...SAVEDATA folder.

SAVES: ULES00182S >GERMAN
ULUS10041S >USA
ULES00151S >ALL OTHERS

6: Download SNES Emu Uo_Snes9x_oo2y32.
I find newbie,s can work this EMU with greater ease.
Unzip this and u will end up with one folder with the above name,drop this folder into PSP/GAME folder.

Nearly there!
7: Snes roms here:http://romhustler.net/roms/snes/all
If you donít have the original game then donít download the romÖ Itís illegal.
Now drop your snes roms into the PSP/GAME/Uo_Snes9x_oo2y32 folder.
I recommend putting the ROM,s into the actual EMU folder, this way u
dont have to go looking for them.
But some EMU,s require u to put them in a separate folder, it should say so on the read me sent with the EMU.
Note they do not have to be unzipped if they only contain 1 file.
THATS IT!

Load up GTA as normal, press START, select LOAD GAME then select SUPER BOCK and press X, it will say LOAD COMPLETED, press O, highlight YES and press X, the ELOADER menu will now boot.

VERSION 2.00 PSP,S TIFF EXPLOIT AS FOLLOWS:(GTA:LCS NOT REQUIRED)

For people using a WINDOWS PC there is an EXE version which loads and configures ELOADER SUPER BOCK 0.97 automaticly to your PSP.

CHECK TIFF
UNCHECK GTA
CHECK DEFAULT MENU
Start from step 6 for the emulators.

For those who dont have a WINDOWS PC start from STEP 1.

1: Extract all files from ELOADER.ZIP
You will end up with a PSP and a UTILS folder.

2: Copy the UTILS folder and these files: a_095.BIN...tsr_095.BIN...l_095.BIN to the ROOT MENU of your MEMORY STICK.
(ROOT MENU contains your MP_ROOT and PSP folders.)

3: Click on PSP and it will contain 3 folders:
ELOADER...PHOTO...SAVEDATA

4: Add the ELOADER folder to your PSP,s...PSP folder.

5: Click on PHOTO and add the CONTENTS to your PSP,S...PHOTO folder.

6: Download SNES Emu Uo_Snes9x_oo2y32.
Unzip this and u will end up with one folder with the above name,drop this folder into PSP/GAME folder.

Nearly there!
7: Snes roms here:http://www.emuparadise.org
If you donít have the original game then donít download the romÖ Itís illegal.
Now drop your snes roms into the PSP/GAME/Uo_Snes9x_oo2y32 folder.
I recommend putting the ROM,s into the actual EMU folder, this way u
dont have to go looking for them.
But some EMU,s require u to put them in a separate folder, it should say so on the read me sent with the EMU.
Note they do not have to be unzipped if they only contain 1 file.
THATS IT!

RECOMMENED EMU,S:
UMD Emulator for 2.60
Homers Rin...GB/GBC
DJEN V1.40 ...Sega MegaDrive (If it dont work try V1.20)
Snes9xTYL User
Uo_Snes9x
Nester J V1.20 ...8 Bit Nintendo
NeoGeo CDZ 0.3.0
Scummvm
Gameboy Advance

NOTES:
Follow steps 6 & 7 for other emulators.
If your GTA savefile is older than the ELOADER savefile, Eloader will auto load up, so will have to create a new save on GTA or modify the old 1. Also if u have trouble with snes loading try uping the cpu to 333 using L+R shoulder buttons.

ROMS:
To enter settings push analog button left.
Most roms will require u to run the psp cpu at 333, sound at 44khz, set screen size to full and with the analog button push up or down to speed up or down the frame rate to suit, different roms will need different settings so its really trail and error to get the best results. Running at this speed will eat your battery so keep it toped up!

Massive thanks to Saotome,Fanjita,Ditlew

IF i missed anything here let me know.
If u get stuck, post in this thread.

I hope this small guide helped and all goes well for ya, ENJOY UR HOMEBREW! ;)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 25 Nov 2006 @ 7:02

▼▼ This topic has 577 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
i found if you change your system clock to next year load up gta and then save.

then changing your clock back.

it means any new homebrew you add onto your psp will always be older than your GTA save

p.s you should change the name of your thread to
GUIDE TO ELOADER VERSION 2.01+ ALSO SNES GUIDE
then more people will look in here

also you should add

that "most" games will require you to change your CPU to 333mhz or they will run really slow -
also
if your still having problems with games running slow - try uping the frame rate to 1 and trying that (increasing by 1, until it looks correct)

RavenLife

http://richiemortimer.com - Fiction & Poetry
Cheers Raven, much appreciated.
Bashy111 Suspended due non-functional email address
STICK IT...
i got a question i got the loader to work but i don't see any of my games
the loader displays the emulator? the emulator loads? but the list empty? are they in the same directory as the emulator?
yes the roms are in the /game floder
all it does its load, then reset the psp
If u mean by crash then yes it will do that at times, make sure u have the rite save for your region, just follow my guide above an let me know how u get on.

thank you its working
No probs! (MODS any chance of sticking this guide?)

Nice thread :) If ya want to request a sticky just PM a mod.

aye aye man
Thanks mate!

sorry for my ignorance but what are homebrew and snes??
Homebrew are homemade applications that Sony has had no part in, normally made by everyday users (with programming skills of course), snes is the console that Nintendo released in the early 90's but in this case its a piece of software made to run on the PSP and emulate the real thing allowing you to play Mario etc on the psp.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 17 Feb 2006 @ 2:51

aye aye man
homebrew is like unofficial software made by the psp community free to download and use. sony designed the psp so people cant do this, but exploits have been found :)

snes is super nintendo entertainment system, its emulated so you can play on psp, emulators have been around for a while for pc, it just got ported across
lol same time :P

aye aye man
lol :p
i got a problem it says cannot open file eboot.pbp help
U dont open that file lad, what r u tryin 2 run?

how do u quit the games
i got it to run nvm but i still dont know how to quit and the snes emulator wont boot and i copied it right into the folders
Ok...make sure u have the rite save loaded for your region, thee emulater wont always load, and as for quitting push left on the analog button, (into settings) then press select + start together. Also what do mean by nvm?

nvm is nevermind
Fair enough.

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.