1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No video with Nero Vision Express

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by pooman, Feb 9, 2006.

1. pooman

pooman Member

I tried using Nero Vision Express with a huge file (mpg, 4.5gb, 240 minutes) and it said I could change the bitrate to Super Long Play and it would only be 3.3 gb. I said Ok and went through all the menus and whatnot. I want to make the image first then burn so I made a folder and assigned the destination folder. So I clicked next and it went to the process screen. Oh and I kept all the settings to automatic (if I put it on 2 pass, it won't even start the process). So after that I hit next and the process bars are all the way full and the bottom one is 9/10 full. After 20 minutes or so, it says the burn is done. But the only thing I get are a few bup, vob, ifo files. The biggest file is a 400meg vob file. I played it and all it shows is a black screen with the audio. What am I doing wrong?

2. twinkel

twinkel Regular member

Try transcoding the .mpg file again but this time,

do leave everything set to automatic, (set your country/region 1,2 ect)
    not usually necessary to do a 2 pass, leave it to 1.
    before coding a message will display may not fit on disc or will have burning problems...Ignore that.

you dont want to compress it yet, burn it to .vob .sub files and open them with dvd shrink

check that the movie and audio work then set compression to automatic and save the file as .iso

burn the image with Nero or whatever u want...gd luck

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006