1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help with Windows Media Player 10

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by djsmooth2, Feb 9, 2006.

1. djsmooth2

djsmooth2 Member

I need help with wmp 10. I was trying a method to remove DRM from my protected files by rolling back to wmp 9. This method did not work so i decided i would just stick with wmp 10. However when i double-clicked on wmp10 it opened up and gave me this message. "Windows Media Player 10 was not properly installed and must be reinstalled. Would you like to install it from the Microsoft Web site?" I click yes and go to the web page and download it and when i do i get this error message afterwards. "This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft web site." The website is of no help can someone please help me to reinstall wmp 10. Your help is greatly apprecitaed!

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

uninstall media player from your system entirely and then download the installer from microsofts website and reinstall it