1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer freezes up when trying to connect to internet

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by 70lizard, Feb 9, 2006.

1. 70lizard

70lizard Member

My computer freezes up when I try to connect to the internet. I purchased a new printer/scanner/copies and installed it. It seems to be after this install that it started. I, also, had uninstalled the Yahoo toolbar and the google toolbar. (And, added an external hard drive) After talking with support from my internet provider we ended up doing a system restore (back 3 days). It took out my new printer out and added the toolbars. It now connects to the internet. I started to download the software again for the printer, but it stopped half way. I had to go to work, so I shut it down. (I'm at work now) The printer I bought was the new HP 3210. Does anyone know if it could be something in the software that may be causing the problem?

2. 70lizard

70lizard Member

Well, I guess no one saw my thread or didn't know the answer. I went home after work and re-installed my printer. This time I clicked "no" to the sign up for participation in the HP site. It was to enhance my experience and get new ideas, etc. Well, so far so good. I haven't had any trouble connecting to my internet. Don't know if this is due to the restore I did or the not clicking the "yes" on the HP web site.???