1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.flv to avi??

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by bobright, Feb 9, 2006.

1. bobright

bobright Guest

does anyone know of some good converters that'll leave me with some nice results?

i know Total Video Converter does the job, but the quality isnt so good.

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

hey bobright haven't heard from ya in a while

3. nomad311

nomad311 Member

here are some avi video encoders ...i dunno which support .flv as ive never heard of it:
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=106#106

also i know that vlc supports them there for can convert it to avi (i think ...thats assuming that raw means avi ...somehow i got that impression but honestly dunno) i dunno what kinda quality youll get tho. to use vlc goto the file open screen choose the file then select 'stream output' and choose settings select 'raw' for encapsulation (if im right about that) and select the transcoding options.

also hers a guide i saw on a .flv converter ...again i dunno about the quality:
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t259578.html

gl
    -nomad311

4. bobright

bobright Guest

thanks nomad, manged to get things sorted.

@weazel - haah, hey sup bud, it has been a while...good to see u still up and kicking

5. bbrwn

bbrwn Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2006
  6. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

7. bbrwn

bbrwn Guest

8. moyea

moyea Guest

9. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

I've heard about SUPER on like 3 different web site's forum boards so far... sounds like SPAM to me.

10. gooogle

gooogle Member

you can search "flv to video converter" with google.

11. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

By the way, I have used Total Video Convertor and the quality wasn't that bad. I mean, when you upload a video to youtube.com, for example, they convert your video to .flv and the quality seems to get degraded a bit. There is a tool for Firefox that lets you download videos from Google, YouTube, you name it. On YouTube, it's only in .flv, and on Google there are more format options to save your video as.

And I remember there being a stand-alone program that all you have to do is copy the URL address of a video from YouTube.com and many other places and it opens a save as... prompt. It downloads the video then converts it to whatever is selected in the settings (.avi is set by default). I have used it and it works good so far, though I had a bit of a problem with Chad Vader eps from YouTube; I was downloading two at a time, and after they converted I tried putting them on my Sansa and it failed. So I'm going to try and do one at a time and see if that works. But I got Brookers on there so it's all good!!

12. ARDILLA

ARDILLA Guest

i use Flash to Video encoder (i've found it on geovid.com). really nice program that of course can convert flv to avi, as for it supports lots of popular formats. also it's of a high quality and even can burn dvd-it might be useful !

13. pearl1214

pearl1214 Guest

I use flv to video converter, I was most impressed with the simplcity and performance of Moyea FLV to Video Converter - which proved to be the only FLV conversion tool that worked without a hitch, but theres a big watermark at the middle for the trial version so please people, edited by ddp!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007
  14. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

Hey man, asking for that stuff is against forum rules, you should edit that out before mod sees it :)

That little tool I mentioned doesn't seem to work anymore, not sure why. Oh well, there's always FireFox's UnPlug addon that lets you download the .FLV file. I still use Total Video Converter (TVC), quality seems to be good too.

15. fireflash

fireflash Guest

I used Cinemaforge for all my .flv files to .avi it works a treat and can be downloaded from torrentz i use it for all my youtube stuff.

16. pearl1214

pearl1214 Guest

fireflash, The same with you, Another reason I used moyea flv to video converter is that can download FLV files from YouTube, MySpace, Dailymotion, Google Video, Yahoo! Video free