1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving a Game

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by DarkJello, Feb 11, 2006.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

I wasn't sure what Windows forum to post under, so I just posted here. I have Unreal Tournament Game of the Year Edition. My dog chewed up the CD so I can't install it on another computer anymore. The game runs right off of my hardrive. I wanted to know if it's possible for me to send the program to my new computer [another Windows computer] and if it will work or if there was specific install software that I needed the disc for. Thanks for the help.

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

When my son got a new PC I added it to my network and copied the games from his old one to his new one. UT GOTY was one of them and it played fine on the new PC without having to reinstall. I just had to create an icon is all. Over half of his games was able to be copied to his new PC without reinstalling them. A few I had to export the registry key for the game from HKEY_Local_Machine\Software and merge that .reg file on the new one, but many just copied and ran.

3. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

Alright thanks. I'll try it out later on tonight. Just didn't want to take all the time to transfer the file and then have it not work.