1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iomega superdvd16x

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rtsecino, Feb 12, 2006.

1. rtsecino

rtsecino Member

i am having troubles with my iomega superdvd drive recognizing the 16x media. i know everyone loves the verbatim media, so i purchased a 50 pack spindle of 16x dvd -r's. when i try to burn with them, my drive spits out the disc and says that this is not a blank / empty disc. this has also happened with sony 16x discs that i tried. is this a problem with the drive, and if so, do other people out there have the same problem. i have had no problem with any of the old 8x media, but the new 16x media, so far is a nightmare for my drive (the drive is a 16x dual format). help! p.s. i hear alot about updating firmware. where do i get this. i went on iomegas web site and there is no firmware update for the 16x superdvd. is this available elsewhere if at all.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

It sounds like a firmware (update) problem, but I can't find any info only ad's on the net.

I suggest you contact the manufactures, and if you get no joy, take it back. :(

edit

see if these product numbers match yours.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/drive/firmware/821

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2006