1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GIGABEAT ROOM NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by shinobix3, Feb 19, 2006.

1. shinobix3

shinobix3 Member

i just bought a new Toshiba Gigabeat F20 and i installed the Gigabeat Room program onto my comp. But everytime i try to run gigabeat room it uses 98% of my CPU and but NOTHING shows up, the program doesnt start...

i tried re-installing but nothing happens, any suggestions thanks!! =)

2. OLIAX

OLIAX Member

mines does the same

I had it running for a month and a half then it just stopped running and that's before I had the internet so it wasn't a virus I reinstalled windows and reformatted the gigabeats drive it still wont run I don't know what it is but it's pi**ing me off I lost important data off my pc and my gigabeat and it still wont run on a fresh install of everything I want to know personally from toshiba gigabeat how to sort this but I can't find an email address to send a message

and it's not the cradle because the software runs without having the gigabeat connected usually and I can still transfer stuff as though it were another hard drive

(a very pi**ed off gigabeat user)

3. OLIAX

OLIAX Member

the tech support is full of noobs (especially the irish dude)

what's the problem (your gigabeat isn't working)

I think it's something to do with your computer (no chance)

how much free disk space you got (267.4GB) your running a bit low but it should be ok

what processor have you got?(p4 3.8)

how much memory (4gig)

what media player you running? (10)

is the disc clean (yep)

what do you store the disc in? (a cd case nnnnyyuuuggghh)

this dudes a wanker and he said hold on then cut me off the fusk

firmware is what the problem is and I know it

4. OLIAX

OLIAX Member

he also said oh you've found 2 other people online with the same problem? we have sold over 2million units worldwide

in otherwords a big fusk you to the little guy

5. shinobix3

shinobix3 Member

sweet i found the solution to this problem on www.mygigabeat.com (nice site on everything about the gigabeat)

anyways all you have to do is download the new upgrade for the gigabeat room software, Gigabeat Room 3 available here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GTC188NU

this solved all my problems, no more crashes, or 98% CPU usage and it works perfectly fine, the UI is even nice too lol

6. shinobix3

shinobix3 Member

SWEET!! i found the solution to this damn problem on http://www.mygigabeat.com (awesome site on everything about the gigabeat)

anyways many other ppl have the same problem and all you have to do is download the new upgrade for the gigabeat room software, Gigabeat Room 3 available here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GTC188NU

this solved all my problems, no more crashes, or 98% CPU usage and it works perfectly fine, the UI is even nicer too lol

7. dimented

dimented Member

Hey Thanks Man. I just got this thing. And I almost wish I didn;t. Especially after reading that dudes coment on that irish Phck dick. I hope UR download works. Thnks again