Alcohol 120 problems

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jstinnell, Feb 26, 2006.

1. jstinnell

jstinnell Member

Hey...can someone splease help me.
    I had a previous Alcohol 120 installed and when I tried to
    install the new one it gives me a internal error.When I want
    to install the one I had on it gives me a error...

"Error 25002. Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in system.Please choose other driver names or make sure you have rebooted after removal of software using same names."

Please help

2. berger103

berger103 Guest

I have the same problem man, and was about to post it, if anybody can help with this problem i would appreciate it.

3. rukshan

rukshan Member

i got the same error like jstinnell please help us to find a answer.......

4. rukshan

rukshan Member

i found this on another web try this out..............

Re: Error 25002 Installing Alcohol after removal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should always uninstall Alcohol from program files Alcohol uninstall as this gives you the opportunity to remove registry entry's, add remove programs does not do this, hence your error message.

If you recieve this Error or if the Installation is stopped due to Error 25002
    Then please start Regedit then go to HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services here you should fínd the Keys for the Alcohol Driver in the current Version 1.9.2.1705 a347bus and a347scsi,

You also need to delete these Keys and remove the corresponding files from Windows\System32\Drivers folder, reboot your Computer and reinstall. It should now install without any problems.