1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert AAC 5.1 audio to AC3 Dolby Digital 5.1

Discussion in 'Audio' started by trungn, Mar 6, 2006.

1. trungn

trungn Member

Does anyone know how to convert 5.1 AAC to AC3?
    If so, what software do I need and encoding/conversion settings.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. trungn

trungn Member

Finally after many hours and various methods, I have managed to convert aac 5.1 to ac3 5.1. While not a very practical solution, at least it gets the job done.

The applications needed are:
    Nero WaveEditor (Audio application part of Nero 7)
    Mediachance DVD Lab Pro 1.52
    BeSweet 1.5b31 with BeLight GUI 0.22beta9

1. I used Nero Wave Editor to open the AAC file and converted it to a 6 channel, 16bit 48KHz .wav file using the "File>Save As" option.

2. BeSweet does not seem to recognise this .wav as a valid input file format so I used DVD Lab Pro to transcode the wav file which re-writes the file header so that BeSweet will recognise this as a valid input file. To do this, run the "Transcode Audio..." option from the Tools menu. Select your bitrate if required (384kbps or 448kbps are DVD standard) and transcode it!

3. Drag and drop the newly transcoded .wav file onto the BeLight GUI and select from the Preset menu either of the AC3 profiles and encode to AC3!

If anyone knows a better method to convert aac to ac3, please let me know by replying to this thread. Hope you all find this helpful ^_^